PDA

View Full Version : Is Justin Morneau done?

Over By There
02-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Not really a surprise, but he speaks pretty frankly in this interview.

Link (http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/blogs/140290153.html)

Sounds like he's going to give it a go this Spring, but if he continues to have problems, he's probably done with baseball.

GoGoCrede
02-24-2012, 10:17 AM
I read that as "Is Justin Morneau dead?" and freaked. Lord knows I've never liked him, but if he's truly done I feel horribłe for him. He's still fairly young and....it's just sad.

Good luck to him until he plays us.

Foulke You
02-24-2012, 01:19 PM
I read that as "Is Justin Morneau dead?" and freaked. Lord knows I've never liked him, but if he's truly done I feel horribłe for him. He's still fairly young and....it's just sad.

Good luck to him until he plays us.
Agreed. Never liked him, but he was a very talented hitter and it is a shame his career looks like it will never be where it was.

Golden Sox
02-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Am I understanding this right? If he has a bad spring training, he will probably walkaway from the game? Hopefully Adam Dunn is thinking along the same line.

DumpJerry
02-24-2012, 09:15 PM
He's still fairly young and....it's just sad.

Am I understanding this right? If he has a bad spring training, he will probably walkaway from the game? Hopefully Adam Dunn is thinking along the same line.
This was his eighth concussion. Remember, he's from Canada, he played hockey-that's how his previous seven brain scramblers took place. He just might be toast as a player, not sure if he can take another serious hit to the head.

By the way, he is the reason why Danks did not beat Johan Santana in his major league debut (http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200704080.shtml).

soxfanreggie
02-26-2012, 01:27 PM
No matter what team a guy plays for, you have to hope they stay safe playing the game. He gets it that his life is more important than risking another concussion or reeling from the effects of whatever could happen when playing.

tstrike2000
02-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Good luck to him. One of my best friends happens to be a Twins fan and said Morneau was always a good guy, teammate, and personable with the media. I never cared to see him either against us, but hopefully he can have a good quality of life.