PDA

View Full Version : Very Quiet

Bucky F. Dent
02-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Very quiet around here on the morning we break camp.

Do any of Robin's kids have a twitter account?:D:

Boondock Saint
02-22-2012, 09:37 AM

Do any of Robin's kids have a twitter account?:D:

I'm sure that's not an issue, unless they also have diarrhea of the mouth.

roylestillman
02-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Spring Training has a lot to do with creating buzz for the upcoming season. That said, is it helpful that the White Sox: A) had pitchers and catchers report nearly a week after the Cubs, thereby giving them an extra week of nearly exclusive control over baseball coverage? B) Have a General Manager who has cultivated grudges against most of the media in this town to the point that recluse may be a term used to describe him.

DumpJerry
02-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Actually, the Sox don't break camp until late March.

kufram
02-22-2012, 10:23 AM
I hope it stays quiet and all that anybody is doing is sharpening and improving their fitness and baseball skills. I'd be happy with no news, no interviews, but lots of drills.

ChiSoxGal85
02-22-2012, 10:28 AM
It's so different from last year when the Sox attempted to be "All In." This year provided no major off-season buzz (besides Robin, of course).

One way or the another, I am happy to see White Sox baseball again.

#1swisher
02-22-2012, 10:31 AM
Scott Merkin

Leaving hotel for Camelback Ranch. White Sox pitchers and
catchers report Thursday, but Robin Ventura to address
media today.

GoGoCrede
02-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Scott Merkin

Leaving hotel for Camelback Ranch. White Sox pitchers and
catchers report Thursday, but Robin Ventura to address
media today.

:bandance: So glad we're one step closer to baseball being back!

TDog
02-22-2012, 11:08 AM
It's so different from last year when the Sox attempted to be "All In." This year provided no major off-season buzz (besides Robin, of course).

One way or the another, I am happy to see White Sox baseball again.

While I was on the road yesterday, I was listening to the radio, and there was quite a bit of baseball stuff. However I live in Northern California. I heard a Giants commercial where Bruce Bochy said the team is "all in" and he hopes you, the listener, are too. You would think no slogans would be preferable to recycling other team's bad slogans.

As for the White Sox, apparently fans are going to complain loudly if there is any news. Apparently they also will complain if there is no news.

gobears1987
02-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Maybe things are quiet because this is looking to be the most depressing season since 2002.

DumpJerry
02-22-2012, 11:30 AM
It's a little bit quieter (I hear Sox news all the time on the radio) because they don't have to convince us that "Bobby Jenks is in the best shape ever" this time.

jdm2662
02-22-2012, 11:38 AM
It's a little bit quieter (I hear Sox news all the time on the radio) because they don't have to convince us that "Bobby Jenks is in the best shape ever" this time.

This is preseason talk at it's finest. What the hell is there to talk about? It's the same recycled nonsense every season. Sure, there might be someone fighting for a roster spot, but that's about it. Seriously, do we really need to hear Adam Dunn is going to have a rebound season, or Alex Rios is determined to come back, etc? We hear these stories every year. They are just cream puff/filler stories.

tebman
02-22-2012, 11:41 AM
We hear these stories every year. They are just cream puff/filler stories.

But, but...Theo Epstein must be doing something! His picture is in the papers every day!

PorkChopExpress
02-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Spring Training has a lot to do with creating buzz for the upcoming season. That said, is it helpful that the White Sox: A) had pitchers and catchers report nearly a week after the Cubs, thereby giving them an extra week of nearly exclusive control over baseball coverage? B) Have a General Manager who has cultivated grudges against most of the media in this town to the point that recluse may be a term used to describe him.

Latest in MLB if ESPN.com is correct. Has anyone ever attempted to explain why the Sox report so late compared to other teams? As slowly as this team has started it past 2-3 years, it would seem that getting in a little more work in Spring Training might be beneficial.

rockinrobin23
02-22-2012, 01:26 PM
i sure would like to know the answer to that question?

kittle42
02-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Maybe things are quiet because this is looking to be the most depressing season since 2002.

"This," as the kids say.

eriqjaffe
02-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Latest in MLB if ESPN.com is correct. Has anyone ever attempted to explain why the Sox report so late compared to other teams? As slowly as this team has started it past 2-3 years, it would seem that getting in a little more work in Spring Training might be beneficial.They want to make sure they're fresh enough to hang around and kinda contend through July or August.

delben91
02-22-2012, 03:08 PM

I'd've said 2007, but splitting hairs.

shingo10
02-22-2012, 03:16 PM
I'd've said 2007, but splitting hairs.

2007 looked to be promising before the season started. They were a 90 win team the year before coming back with basically the same team. Didn't work out.

spawn
02-22-2012, 03:24 PM
2007 looked to be promising before the season started. They were a 90 win team the year before coming back with basically the same team. Didn't work out.
The moral? Never assume anything. Some around here may be depressed to see White Sox baseball. I sure in the hell won't be. I think I will just wait until the games are actually played before considering the season a disaster.

doublem23
02-22-2012, 03:33 PM
The moral? Never assume anything. Some around here may be depressed to see White Sox baseball. I sure in the hell won't be. I think I will just wait until the games are actually played before considering the season a disaster.

Agreed, and even at worst, if the Sox are as bad as some believe they will be this year, at least the focus will be on the players and not what the manager's worthless kids will be tweeting or how the manager/general manager power struggle will continue to play. Just want to get back to baseball for the sake of baseball and not worry about all the high school melodrama that's been around for the past few seasons.

Just give me some ****ing baseball already. It's been too long.

Frontman
02-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Wait, since the team hasn't reported yet, and there's no news yet; we're actually upset about that? Seriously?

I'm of a mindset of no news is good news. And although Kenny isn't Mr. warm-and-fuzzy with the media; he is nowhere near as caustic as Jerry Angelo was with the media.

Kenny will be talking soon. Let's get the team into camp and see how things are progressing before writing off an entire season of baseball.

thomas35forever
02-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Sounds about right.

spawn
02-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Let's get the team into camp and see how things are progressing before writing off an entire season of baseball.
Why would people do that when obviously it's much more fun to be a Debbie Downer and bitch and moan about how AWFUL this team will be when not one warmup pitch has even been thrown?

delben91
02-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Why would people do that when obviously it's much more fun to be a Debbie Downer and bitch and moan about how AWFUL this team will be when not one warmup pitch has even been thrown?

See, underachieving already! :wink:

DumpJerry
02-22-2012, 03:55 PM
The "quiet" is ok with me. Every year, 99% of the lead-up to Spring Training consists of:
1. Returning veterans telling the fans they are serious about this season like never before (is this a backhanded "**** you" for the previous seasons?);
2. The big free agent acquisition is "very excited to be here and feels like he's part of the family already." Hey, if someone handed me $90,000,000.00, I'd be very excited, too, to be with the people who sign those checks.
3. The prospect who "worked with a new coach/trainer/Buddhist monk in the offseason to show everyone he is serious about making it to The Show this year (damn slacker, why did you waste everyone's time and money in the previous years thinking about starting a career as a State Farm agent?).
4. The Manager and Coaches feel very good about the team this year.

In other words, until they start playing some actual baseball in Florida and Arizona, there is no actual news.

jdm2662
02-22-2012, 04:20 PM
The "quiet" is ok with me. Every year, 99% of the lead-up to Spring Training consists of:
1. Returning veterans telling the fans they are serious about this season like never before (is this a backhanded "**** you" for the previous seasons?);
2. The big free agent acquisition is "very excited to be here and feels like he's part of the family already." Hey, if someone handed me $90,000,000.00, I'd be very excited, too, to be with the people who sign those checks.
3. The prospect who "worked with a new coach/trainer/Buddhist monk in the offseason to show everyone he is serious about making it to The Show this year (damn slacker, why did you waste everyone's time and money in the previous years thinking about starting a career as a State Farm agent?).
4. The Manager and Coaches feel very good about the team this year.

In other words, until they start playing some actual baseball in Florida and Arizona, there is no actual news.

The real question is, who will be in the best shape of their life this spring training?

DumpJerry
02-22-2012, 04:28 PM
The real question is, who will be in the best shape of their life this spring training?
Minnie Minoso.

Frontman
02-22-2012, 04:29 PM

Well, in that instance, the Sox fanbase is nothing like the Cubs fanbase. We're all about :therapy::darkclouds::chickenlittle

And they're all about "This is the year."

I'll enjoy the Sox being back; as its time for baseball. Who knows what could happen. The Sox could lead the division from wire-to-wire; or they could go 0-162. The point is we need to relax and see how things progress.

A. Cavatica
02-22-2012, 04:59 PM
What are the biggest loads of crap you remember from recent spring trainings?

I actually hoped Josh Fields was going to have a monster year.

cheezheadsoxfan
02-22-2012, 05:00 PM
Agreed, and even at worst, if the Sox are as bad as some believe they will be this year, at least the focus will be on the players and not what the manager's worthless kids will be tweeting or how the manager/general manager power struggle will continue to play. Just want to get back to baseball for the sake of baseball and not worry about all the high school melodrama that's been around for the past few seasons.

Yup, I think we've all gotten so used to the drama we've forgotten about "baseball for the sake of baseball." I'm just happy the season's starting.

ChiSoxGal85
02-22-2012, 05:10 PM
according to several Tweets...it's Herm! :D:

GoGoCrede
02-22-2012, 05:12 PM

Around SoxFest I think there was buzz that Adam Dunn had lost 20 pounds or so? Does anyone know for sure?

DirtySox
02-22-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm a downer in regards to this team's chances this season, but I'm excited either way. Good or bad. Baseball is baseball. I'll always watch. Hell, I'd be ecstatic for the start of the season even if I was an Orioles fan.

DSpivack
02-22-2012, 05:32 PM
I'm a downer in regards to this team's chances this season, but I'm excited either way. Good or bad. Baseball is baseball. I'll always watch. Hell, I'd be ecstatic for the start of the season even if I was an Orioles fan.

As a White Sox fan, I'm happy to see even this team start playing.

As a baseball fan, I can't wait for this season to start. I'm more excited for upcoming season than any I can remember in the last few years. Why, I don't exactly know.

chisoxfanatic
02-22-2012, 07:44 PM
As a White Sox fan, I'm happy to see even this team start playing.

As a baseball fan, I can't wait for this season to start. I'm more excited for upcoming season than any I can remember in the last few years. Why, I don't exactly know.
I am the exact opposite. The 3 things I am excited about this summer are Hawks' Convention, Lollapalooza, and being debt-free. I'll watch games, but I'm not expecting anything at all from this team when three of our supposed "key" players (Peavy, Dunn, Rios) are huge question marks. And, I'm being a realist here, not a pessimist.

GlassSox
02-22-2012, 08:08 PM

What he said, especially about getting back to baseball.

A. Cavatica
02-22-2012, 08:59 PM
I figured that booting Ozzie and Pierre would be good for at least 5 more wins, but that was assuming a replacement of reasonable quality. Fukudome is at least as good as Pierre, so even if De Aza fizzles we should be OK. But I have no idea what to expect from Robin.

Then there's the problem of replacing Buehrle and Quentin and Santos and Sale(rp) with Sale(sp) and Viciedo and Reed and whomever fills out the bullpen. It might work out OK, but I think the odds are that two or three of the new guys will be worse than what we had. So I'm not expecting much, and I'm hoping that the surprises this year will be pleasant ones.

At least the resentment about Ozzie is gone.

RowanDye
02-22-2012, 09:16 PM
What are the biggest loads of crap you remember from recent spring trainings?

I actually hoped Josh Fields was going to have a monster year.

Brian Anderson?

Also, for anyone worried about Bobby Jenks: link (http://deadspin.com/5887362/bobby-jenks-is-not-fat-anymore?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+deadspin%2Fexcerpts+%28Deadsp in+excerpts%29)

doublem23
02-22-2012, 09:55 PM
I am the exact opposite. The 3 things I am excited about this summer are Hawks' Convention, Lollapalooza, and being debt-free. I'll watch games, but I'm not expecting anything at all from this team when three of our supposed "key" players (Peavy, Dunn, Rios) are huge question marks. And, I'm being a realist here, not a pessimist.

The definition of being question marks is that you don't know what you're going to get from them so "not expecting anything at all from this team" is being pessimistic. Not that I blame anyone for how they feel about them, just at least don't try and call it something it's not. Someone can have an equally realistic view of this team and come away with a positive outlook and be genuinely excited for the season to start.

gosox41
02-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Wait, since the team hasn't reported yet, and there's no news yet; we're actually upset about that? Seriously?

I'm of a mindset of no news is good news. And although Kenny isn't Mr. warm-and-fuzzy with the media; he is nowhere near as caustic as Jerry Angelo was with the media.

Kenny will be talking soon. Let's get the team into camp and see how things are progressing before writing off an entire season of baseball.

I don't think it's the lack of news but just the general lack of exciement abiut this team and this season. I am happy baseball is back and look forward to watching he games (until I get to frustrated and start yelling at the TV) but this is not going to be a fun year unless a bunch of the question marks have postive answers.

But righgt now we have a manager with no personality, reported to camp a week later then other teams (can someone explain that one), and have done nothing this off season to make the media want to get excited about this team.

Maybe all this quietness will be a positive. But if one believes that then one must truly think Robin was brought in because of his great management skills and not because he will be a yes man to Kenny.

Bob

DirtySox
02-22-2012, 10:13 PM

Lots of intriguing story-lines, big name players in new places, and hot prospects to watch. Nationals with Gio, Strasburg, and the possibility of Bryce Harper. The potential for a great baseball team or a huge trainwreck or both simultaneously in Miami. Cinci adding a true ace in Latos plus the signing of Madson, and Mesoraco breaking into his first full season. A full year of Matt Moore in Tampa. A full season of Brett Lawrie in Toronto. A decent chance at the Red Sox being underwhelming due to a lack of starting pitching. The Rangers with Darvish. The Angels with Pujols and Wilson. A young and exciting Diamondbacks team with a solid rotation and Trevor Bauer on the way. Burgeoning talent in KC that might finally crack .500 if their pitching comes along.

I'm pumped for baseball. Baseball Baseball Baseball.

Lip Man 1
02-23-2012, 02:03 AM
Cavatica:

To answer your question, for me, it was Ozzie saying (again) how fundamentally sound the Sox were going to be this year.

Lip

asindc
02-23-2012, 07:34 AM
But righgt now we have a manager with no personality

So what?

reported to camp a week later then other teams (can someone explain that one

I'd like an explanation to that one as well.

..., and have done nothing this off season to make the media want to get excited about this team.

Again, so what?

tstrike2000
02-23-2012, 07:37 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EFPYE_Q2_kY/Tc8ghI-VDiI/AAAAAAAACOg/EANLTHo9xW8/s1600/elmer+fudd+shh+be+very+quiet.jpg

"Be verwy, verwy quiet. I'm hunting wabbits."

asindc
02-23-2012, 07:39 AM
The definition of being question marks is that you don't know what you're going to get from them so "not expecting anything at all from this team" is being pessimistic. Not that I blame anyone for how they feel about them, just at least don't try and call it something it's not. Someone can have an equally realistic view of this team and come away with a positive outlook and be genuinely excited for the season to start.

Exactly. Expecting the question marks to be answered in the negative is the very definition of pessimism. Expecting the question marks to be answered in the positive is the very definition of optimistic. Both of these is quite different from wanting the question marks to be answered in the positive.

DumpJerry
02-23-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm sure Brewer fans were wishing things were quiet (http://links.ezinemark.com/images_screenshots/ryan-braun-of-milwaukee-brewers-wins-nl-mvp-espn.go.com-1322014400.jpeg) leading into Spring Training this year.

russ99
02-23-2012, 08:28 AM
I was very pleased at the way Robin handled his pre-spring training interview.

Bucky F. Dent
02-23-2012, 08:33 AM

If the new hitting coach can reach Dunn and Gordie, and Robin can reach Rios, and Peavy can stay healthy (they probably still cant catch the Tigers) this team could be fun to watch this summer.

That's a load of questions, but there are always questions at the start of spring training.

kufram
02-23-2012, 09:26 AM
I don't think it's the lack of news but just the general lack of exciement abiut this team and this season. I am happy baseball is back and look forward to watching he games (until I get to frustrated and start yelling at the TV) but this is not going to be a fun year unless a bunch of the question marks have postive answers.

But righgt now we have a manager with no personality, reported to camp a week later then other teams (can someone explain that one), and have done nothing this off season to make the media want to get excited about this team.

Maybe all this quietness will be a positive. But if one believes that then one must truly think Robin was brought in because of his great management skills and not because he will be a yes man to Kenny.

Bob

Is this the first official WSI complaint about the new manager?

eriqjaffe
02-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Is this the first official WSI complaint about the new manager?No, I think the "lack of experience" complaints came first.

palehozenychicty
02-23-2012, 10:41 AM

Yeah. There's a lot of unknowns with this team. They're expensive as well.

kufram
02-23-2012, 01:06 PM
No, I think the "lack of experience" complaints came first.

"Lack of experience" is more of an observation it seems to me whereas "no personality" sounds like a complaint in context.

soltrain21
02-23-2012, 01:35 PM

Awesome. Spring Training starts today and we already have people puffing their chest about how little they care about the upcoming season.

Frontman
02-23-2012, 02:11 PM

Bob

First off, I care oh-so-little if the 'media' gets excited about the team. I watch the Sox because I enjoy the Sox; and I don't care if the Sox do anything to excite Chuck Garfiend or *puke* Dave Kaplan.

As far as Robin not having personality? I'm happy to see him come on; and I think having a calmer persona in the clubhouse will lighten this team up a bit. Early in Ozzie's run, it wasn't about Tweets and boats and all the rest, he was about keeping everyone loose. Fast forward 6 years, Ozzie became about Ozzie. I can't get upset about Robin being a quiet individual until I see what that means.

And sure, Robin might just be a yes man. But having a conflict between GM and field manager didn't work out these past few years now, did it?

KMcMahon817
02-23-2012, 04:03 PM

Cool story, bro.

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-23-2012, 04:21 PM
I want the manager to manage the team and make the best decisions to win the game.

I want the players to fill their positions to the best of their abilities and if they aren't getting it done realize there are others that can take their place.

And I don't want to hear about it on Twitter. Welcome to 2012.

gosox41
02-24-2012, 09:54 PM
So what?

I'd like an explanation to that one as well.

Again, so what?

No personality in the manager means less media attention for a mediocre to a bad team. I was answering in the context of why the offseason has been quiet. No personality vs. Ozzie is one reason.

Bob

gosox41
02-24-2012, 10:00 PM
First off, I care oh-so-little if the 'media' gets excited about the team. I watch the Sox because I enjoy the Sox; and I don't care if the Sox do anything to excite Chuck Garfiend or *puke* Dave Kaplan.

As far as Robin not having personality? I'm happy to see him come on; and I think having a calmer persona in the clubhouse will lighten this team up a bit. Early in Ozzie's run, it wasn't about Tweets and boats and all the rest, he was about keeping everyone loose. Fast forward 6 years, Ozzie became about Ozzie. I can't get upset about Robin being a quiet individual until I see what that means.

And sure, Robin might just be a yes man. But having a conflict between GM and field manager didn't work out these past few years now, did it?

I care for a couple of reasons:
1. I like the Sox being the center of attetion (in a good way) and not a team that I absolutely despise.
2. I trule believe good leaders (which I hope KW is) surround themselves with people who are not afraid to hear new ideas and suggestions from their employees. Twittergate and whose son was drafted where means is our ego on both sides--Kenny and Ozzie.

But will Robin stand up to Kenny when it comes to player moves and suggestions? Will Kenny listen to what Robin has to say. I don't expect Robin to be the GM, but ihe is around the players everyday and may see things Kenny doesn't. WIll Robin stand up to Kenny and will Kenny listen or will Kenny dictate who is playing and when?

I do't think it's as cut and dry where everyone is on the same page all the time.

Bob

A. Cavatica
02-24-2012, 10:14 PM
But will Robin stand up to Kenny when it comes to player moves and suggestions?

Maybe he shouldn't. When did Ozzie's personnel ideas ever help? Kotsay at DH is what Ozzie got us.

If Robin's better at evaluating talent than Kenny, make him the GM. Otherwise, put your best nine on the field and shut up.

JB98
02-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Awesome. Spring Training starts today and we already have people puffing their chest about how little they care about the upcoming season.

I have to admit I don't think the Sox are going to be very good this year. Nevertheless, I can't wait for the season to start. Even with the lowered expectations, I think there are plenty of storylines to follow.

Can Dunn and Rios bounce back? Can Peavy stay healthy? Are Viciedo, Morel and Beckham the future of this organization? Or are they failed prospects? Is De Aza an everyday outfielder and leadoff hitter? Do Paulie and A.J. have another good year or two in them? Is Sale equipped to be a starting pitcher? What other young pitchers in this organization will step up and prove they can help us? Will Danks live up to that contract he just signed? Has Humber actually figured it out now, or was last season a mirage? Is Flowers the heir apparent to A.J., or is he just a career backup?

Anyone who thinks this is a boring team to follow just isn't paying attention, IMO. Plenty of intrigue this season. Even if we don't win a thing, there will be information gathered about individual players this year that will chart the course for this organization moving forward.

ChiSoxGal85
02-25-2012, 01:15 PM
I have to admit I don't think the Sox are going to be very good this year. Nevertheless, I can't wait for the season to start. Even with the lowered expectations, I think there are plenty of storylines to follow.

Can Dunn and Rios bounce back? Can Peavy stay healthy? Are Viciedo, Morel and Beckham the future of this organization? Or are they failed prospects? Is De Aza an everyday outfielder and leadoff hitter? Do Paulie and A.J. have another good year or two in them? Is Sale equipped to be a starting pitcher? What other young pitchers in this organization will step up and prove they can help us? Will Danks live up to that contract he just signed? Has Humber actually figured it out now, or was last season a mirage? Is Flowers the heir apparent to A.J., or is he just a career backup?

Anyone who thinks this is a boring team to follow just isn't paying attention, IMO. Plenty of intrigue this season. Even if we don't win a thing, there will be information gathered about individual players this year that will chart the course for this organization moving forward.
+1000!
If I only cared about winning, I might consider it a boring season. But I care about the team and its players, this year and years to follow. So in that respect it will be interesting, regardless of the win column. Kinda like a Sox soap. :D:

Frontman
02-25-2012, 03:29 PM
I care for a couple of reasons:
1. I like the Sox being the center of attetion (in a good way) and not a team that I absolutely despise.
2. I trule believe good leaders (which I hope KW is) surround themselves with people who are not afraid to hear new ideas and suggestions from their employees. Twittergate and whose son was drafted where means is our ego on both sides--Kenny and Ozzie.

But will Robin stand up to Kenny when it comes to player moves and suggestions? Will Kenny listen to what Robin has to say. I don't expect Robin to be the GM, but ihe is around the players everyday and may see things Kenny doesn't. WIll Robin stand up to Kenny and will Kenny listen or will Kenny dictate who is playing and when?

I do't think it's as cut and dry where everyone is on the same page all the time.

Bob

Bob,

You stated you wanted the media to be excited about this team. Who cares if they get excited? They weren't all that excited until the third week of October in 2005.

Media coverage should tell me what the team is doing, not if they like it or not.

Now, just because Robin isn't known for F-bomb tirades like his predecessor; we immediately assume he's a yes man? Really?

Talk about not giving him a chance.

Again, media coverage is just that, coverage. The talking heads on Chicago Tribune Live mean nothing to what actually plays out with the team.

JB98
02-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Bob,

You stated you wanted the media to be excited about this team. Who cares if they get excited? They weren't all that excited until the third week of October in 2005.

Media coverage should tell me what the team is doing, not if they like it or not.

Now, just because Robin isn't known for F-bomb tirades like his predecessor; we immediately assume he's a yes man? Really?

Talk about not giving him a chance.

Again, media coverage is just that, coverage. The talking heads on Chicago Tribune Live mean nothing to what actually plays out with the team.

Some of these guys who cover the Sox still think Ozzie Guillen is a bigger story than anything that's going on with the current team. That's a shame.

Frontman
02-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Some of these guys who cover the Sox still think Ozzie Guillen is a bigger story than anything that's going on with the current team. That's a shame.

Cowley is in the Roadhouse for a reason on this site. And I don't listen to Silvy on ESPN, nor Kaplan on WGN/Comcast for the very same reasons. If it Sox coverage, its negative.