PDA

View Full Version : This guy is our pitching coach, with these outstanding career stats

capn12
07-20-2002, 11:10 PM
CAREER PITCHING STATISTICS

YEAR TEAM ERA W L Sv Svo G IP H R ER BB K
1980 CWS 5.93 0 0 0 -- 8 13.2 18 10 9 7 8
Totals ERA W L Sv Svo G I P H R ER BB K
5.40 0 0 0 -- 8 15.0 18 10 9 7 8

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am impressed!!!! Sign him up for a coaching job

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-20-2002, 11:12 PM
hmmm, his ERA seems like some one on the sox's era, could it be, Todd Ritchie isn't really Todd Ritchie, it's a man, baby! no, actually it's not a man, it's nardi!!!

oldcomiskey
07-21-2002, 12:10 AM
while youre looking up stats--look up one Charlie Lau and tell me what his lifetime batting average was

LongDistanceFan
07-21-2002, 12:40 AM
or tony la russa

oldcomiskey
07-21-2002, 12:52 AM
when Paul Schall retired as Kansas City's third baseman---his replacement hit .190-------maybe youve heard of him---he is the brother of former Sox pitcher Ken Brett

in 1967---Ken Harrelson and Carl Yastrzemski were in the batting cage before a game at Fenway----a young kid just up from Pawtucket is hitting---Hawk looks at Yaz and says this kid will never make it as a hitter--Yaz agrees that Carlton Fisk might as well go home

ISUSoxfan
07-21-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
when Paul Schall retired as Kansas City's third baseman---his replacement hit .190-------maybe youve heard of him---he is the brother of former Sox pitcher Ken Brett
Don't you miss the days when pine tar and Preparation H were the only substances that star players were using?

SOXSINCE'70
07-21-2002, 09:40 AM
Read the Daily Herald this morning.According to Sox beat writer Scott Macgregor,Nardi may be gone as early as Monday.
Monday?!?! Why not Sunday? TODAY!!!!!!!!!

Actually,he should have been gone last October!!!!

THIS TEAM SUCKS!!

oldcomiskey
07-21-2002, 10:27 AM
I dont think yhe team is that bad--I mean come on I knew we werent going to win the world series coming out of spring training---but 9 games below 500?--the problem is KW.... maybe Manuel needs to go but who replaces him....?Maybe Baldwin and Guillen and the rest of them were right about badmouthing the organization---and JR is the one to blame for that

idseer
07-21-2002, 10:37 AM
I dont think yhe team is that bad--I mean come on I knew we werent going to win the world series coming out of spring training---but 9 games below 500?--the problem is KW.... maybe Manuel needs to go but who replaces him....?Maybe Baldwin and Guillen and the rest of them were right about badmouthing the organization---and JR is the one to blame for that

remember old, when you chewed my butt for suggesting JM had no clue as a manager? i'm glad to see you've finally seen the light. :smile:

oldcomiskey
07-21-2002, 10:41 AM
you dont come back the way the Sox did last year and not have a clue----I do however think that Manuel has lost control and that is KWs fault for a--not stepping in and wondering why--and b---not giving us the horses needed to win the race.......all Im saying is if you fire Manuel today--who would take over as manager on a non-interim basis?

idseer
07-21-2002, 10:59 AM
you dont come back the way the Sox did last year and not have a clue----I do however think that Manuel has lost control and that is KWs fault for a--not stepping in and wondering why--and b---not giving us the horses needed to win the race.......all Im saying is if you fire Manuel today--who would take over as manager on a non-interim basis?

well i disagree about the last half of last year. i equate it with the first half of '00 in that it was flukish. there was little pressure on them last year because they had so many injuries, same as no pressure in '00 1st half. when pressure time has shown itself the sox have always disappeared. imo this is not the gm's fault. it's the fault of the manager and coaching staff who are supposed to manage the mood of the team. that's what coaching is all about. that and keeping them focused on basics, like baserunning (something it appears they do NOT do). they sure can't play FOR them.
i agree kw is at fault for a lot of crap associated with the sox, but on the field it's jm's responsibility to get these guys ready and able to play. i say he's failed miserably.

as to who takes over? would be pure guesswork for me. that decision has to be made by people in the know.
but something i'd look at is a few ex soxer's. i always thought carlton fisk would make a good manager.

oldcomiskey
07-21-2002, 12:19 PM
maybe youre right--but it is KWs fault about richie--and Fisk would never work in the same organization with JR and Hawk

ISUSoxfan
07-21-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by idseer
i always thought carlton fisk would make a good manager.
He might have the knowledge to manage, but pitching changes might take half an hour if he was the one walking out to the mound to make the move, and can you immagine how boring his lockerroom speeches would be. He would take the last bit of life out of our team.

SOXSINCE'70
07-21-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by ISUSoxfan

He might have the knowledge to manage, but pitching changes might take half an hour if he was the one walking out to the mound to make the move, and can you immagine how boring his lockerroom speeches would be. He would take the last bit of life out of our team.

Too Late.Manuel has already done that.Or was it Lenny?? Reinsdork?? Whatever.