PDA

View Full Version : *Official WSI Pre-Season Gathering*

ChiSoxGirl
02-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Since pitchers and catchers are reporting this week, I thought it'd be a good time to start this thread. Please join me and a host of other WSI brethren for the annual pre-season get-together.

Date: Friday, March 30
Place: Cork and Kerry at the Park, 3258 S. Princeton Ave., Chicago
Time: Between 7:00 and 7:30P.M.

I understand it's a Friday night and that it may be difficult for some people to get into the city by 7:00 (including the event planner), which is why the time is flexible.

I also understand that March 30 is a Friday during Lent, which may limit the food choices for some people, but Cork & Kerry has salads and other meatless options on their menu. So, come on down to Bridgeport and join us in celebrating the beginning of another season of White Sox baseball! See everyone on March 30!

kittle42
02-21-2012, 10:45 AM
I will be there.

jdm2662
02-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Hmm, wife will be about eight months prego by then. Think she will be upset if I come home after I have some drinks? :tongue:

Besides, I've talking to chisoxgirl for what, like seven years now? Maybe it's about time we finally meet up...

MtGrnwdSoxFan
02-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Will not be able to do Fridays, due to bowling and work.

Sorry guys. Have fun!

robertks61
02-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Darn, heading to Nashville to catch the Blackhawks.

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Wish I could but will be out of town. Enjoy.

JB98
02-21-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm in. :D:

vinny
02-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Hmm, wife will be about eight months prego by then. Think she will be upset if I come home after I have some drinks? :tongue:

Besides, I've talking to chisoxgirl for what, like seven years now? Maybe it's about time we finally meet up...
You have to show up to claim your WSI Pick'em vs. the spread trophy!

jdm2662
02-21-2012, 04:02 PM
You have to show up to claim your WSI Pick'em vs. the spread trophy!

I'm still waiting for my 2009 and 2010 trophy as well! I'm not holding my breath, though. :redneck

ChiSoxGirl
02-21-2012, 07:59 PM

I agree. Come on out and join us!

DumpJerry
02-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Not sure what our plans are for that week yet. If we're around, we'll be there.

Cuck the Fubs
03-03-2012, 10:38 PM
See ya there :D:

GoGoCrede
03-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Will likely be there. Someone order me a Shirley Temple. :smile:

spawn
03-08-2012, 03:48 PM
I think I can make this.

JB98
03-08-2012, 11:04 PM
See ya there :D:

Will likely be there. Someone order me a Shirley Temple. :smile:

I think I can make this.

Awesome. Come one, come all! It's time to talk some baseball. :gulp:

Daver
03-08-2012, 11:35 PM
I get ignored at these events, I won't be attending.

DumpJerry
03-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Weren't you toasted at the 1995 party?

ChiSoxGirl
03-19-2012, 08:14 PM
OK, we're just about 10 days out. Where's the love for my little party? :(:

DSpivack
03-19-2012, 08:53 PM

I should be able to make it.

tebman
03-20-2012, 10:32 PM

Sorry. You had me at "Pre-Season Gathering." I'll be there because we have much to celebrate. Among these are Chris Sale's birthday and the anniversary of the end of the Crimean War.

Here's to ongoing discussions of exotic and easily-mocked cockails! :gulp:

howzer12
03-21-2012, 08:57 PM
To those WSI fans out there that would like to meet with other Sox fans before the start of the season, there is a Sox Fans On Deck meeting next Tuesday nite, 3/27 at 7:00 o'clock, at Shooters on Harlem Ave. in Norridge. If interested in knowing more, check out the SFOD Facebook page.

guillensdisciple
03-21-2012, 09:12 PM
I'll see you next Friday :)

EDIT: I feel like I've asked this before, but is there parking or should I red line it?

ChiSoxGirl
03-21-2012, 09:18 PM

EDIT: I feel like I've asked this before, but is there parking or should I red line it?

With it not being a game night, parking should be pretty ample. I've never had a problem parking there for our previous events.

guillensdisciple
03-21-2012, 09:21 PM
With it not being a game night, parking should be pretty ample. I've never had a problem parking there for our previous events.

Side streets or do they have a lot?

JB98
03-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Side streets or do they have a lot?

Street parking.

DSpivack
03-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Sorry. You had me at "Pre-Season Gathering." I'll be there because we have much to celebrate. Among these are Chris Sale's birthday and the anniversary of the end of the Crimean War.

Here's to ongoing discussions of exotic and easily-mocked cockails! :gulp:
We'll be quizzing you on The Charge of the Light Brigade.

I would create a mock poem, but: I'm not clever enough; the AL Central is hardly a valley of death; and 25 is not 600.

DumpJerry
03-22-2012, 08:38 AM

If you're drinking, CTA or taxi.

guillensdisciple
03-22-2012, 10:34 AM
If you're drinking, CTA or taxi.

Cta or taxi it is

jdm2662
03-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Well, once again something comes up when such event is planned. Very doubtful I will be there.

voodoochile
03-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Think this has come and gone, but if the date changed reply to the thread or PM me and I'll restick it.

Edit: never mind I misread the date. It's restuck.

October26
03-27-2012, 07:40 PM
OK, we're just about 10 days out. Where's the love for my little party?
ChiSoxGirl: Sorry. I haven’t been feeling well recently and was “knocked down for the count” as they say. Thankfully, I am now on the mend and wouldn’t miss seeing you, the WSI brethren, or attending your awesome party for anything. Thanks again for organizing the gathering and see you on Friday.

Sorry. You had me at "Pre-Season Gathering." I'll be there because we have much to celebrate. Among these are Chris Sale's birthday and the anniversary of the end of the Crimean War. Here's to ongoing discussions of exotic and easily-mocked cockails!
tebman: Being a history buff myself, your post made me wonder what else happened on March 30th? A little research revealed that in addition to the two events you listed above, I believe we should also consider celebrating the 1st passage of Halley’s Comet in 240 BC (http://www.historyorb.com/events/march/30) and the 1st use of Anesthesia in 1842 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_30) (I’ve really appreciated this one recently). Not to mention the birthdays of Vincent van Gogh (1853) and Tracy Chapman (1964) (http://www.brainyhistory.com/daysbirth/birth_march_30.html). On a personal note, I hope to celebrate being pain free for the first time in a while. See you on Friday.

spawn
03-27-2012, 08:18 PM
I thought I was in, but I'm out. Going to a birthday celebration for the girfreind's brother-in-law at Girl and the Goat.

DumpJerry
03-27-2012, 09:55 PM
I thought I was in, but I'm out. Going to a birthday celebration for the girfreind's brother-in-law at Girl and the Goat.
http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/1206-oh-god-no-why.png

kittle42
03-28-2012, 10:34 AM
I also must back out - dinner and poker with my fantasy baseball crew the night before our draft.

ChiSoxGirl
03-28-2012, 11:58 AM
ChiSoxGirl: Sorry. I haven’t been feeling well recently and was “knocked down for the count” as they say. Thankfully, I am now on the mend and wouldn’t miss seeing you, the WSI brethren, or attending your awesome party for anything. Thanks again for organizing the gathering and see you on Friday.

Great news! See you in a couple days.

I also must back out - dinner and poker with my fantasy baseball crew the night before our draft.

The closer Friday draws, the more it's looking like I'll be able to count the attendees of this little shindig (other than myself) on one hand. Well, I guess any number of people over five who attend will make this event a "success."

tebman
03-28-2012, 11:59 AM
The closer Friday draws, the more it's looking like I'll be able to count the attendees of this little shindig (other than myself) on one hand. Well, I guess any number of people over five who attend will make this event a "success."

You know who would like a gathering of five people?

Yaz!

ChiSoxGirl
03-28-2012, 12:02 PM
You know who would like a gathering of five people?

Yaz!

:rolling: Awesome!!!

JB98
03-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Does anyone have a number for Yaz? Maybe we can get him to come to the party.

DumpJerry
03-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Does anyone have a number for Yaz? Maybe we can get him to come to the party.
:hawk
Speed dial number one on my phone.

ChiSoxGirl
03-29-2012, 09:51 AM
:hawk
Speed dial number one on my phone.

Are DumpJerry and Mrs.DumpJerry officially attending this event tomorrow?

DumpJerry
03-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Are DumpJerry and Mrs.DumpJerry officially attending this event tomorrow?
Perhaps.................

October26
03-29-2012, 04:42 PM

I am here to make a last ditch effort and request the honor of your presence at the WSI Fiesta tomorrow night. I would really enjoy the opportunity to speak with you further regarding the truth about Apple products - yes, teal is implied. Your blog is one of the funniest things that I have ever seen/read.

Won't you reconsider?

chisoxfanatic
03-30-2012, 09:44 AM
I may or may not stop by for a drink or two. I have to pack, as I'm flying out to Toronto tomorrow for a week. It depends on how I feel.

DumpJerry
03-30-2012, 11:14 PM
It was great seeing everyone. It was also fantastic that the Mega Millions winner was in the bar and bought everyone a round!

Daver
03-30-2012, 11:56 PM
I am here to make a last ditch effort and request the honor of your presence at the WSI Fiesta tomorrow night. I would really enjoy the opportunity to speak with you further regarding the truth about Apple products - yes, teal is implied. Your blog is one of the funniest things that I have ever seen/read.

Won't you reconsider?

Don't tell anyone, but I'm actually a bot.

GoGoCrede
03-31-2012, 01:14 AM
Lovely as always, everyone. <3 Best night I've had out in a while. The only flaw was that DSpivack and I had the privilege of riding the train back with a guy who had vomit on his shirt and nearly fell on top of me. Other than that - you all are lots of fun to be around.

Met all of you before, so it was nice to catch up. October26, sorry I didn't bring the book. :( Loved seeing you as always. Tebman and son of Tebman, you're both such sweet people to be around. No more dancing though. CSG, you cracked me up so much! JB, good to hear your baseball knowledge as always. DumpJerry and Mrs. Dump, hope we can have another riveting discussion of the Hunger Games soon. DSpivack, was fun chatting TV shows with you and hope that guy didn't vomit on you after I got off the train.

Everyone who wasn't able to make it, you were missed.

Yaz! Pliers!

DSpivack
03-31-2012, 01:42 AM
Lovely as always, everyone. <3 Best night I've had out in a while. The only flaw was that DSpivack and I had the privilege of riding the train back with a guy who had vomit on his shirt and nearly fell on top of me. Other than that - you all are lots of fun to be around.

Met all of you before, so it was nice to catch up. October26, sorry I didn't bring the book. :( Loved seeing you as always. Tebman and son of Tebman, you're both such sweet people to be around. No more dancing though. CSG, you cracked me up so much! JB, good to hear your baseball knowledge as always. DumpJerry and Mrs. Dump, hope we can have another riveting discussion of the Hunger Games soon. DSpivack, was fun chatting TV shows with you and hope that guy didn't vomit on you after I got off the train.

Yaz! Pliers!

Thankfully he did not. Though his girlfriend, who had a very creepy and very high pitched voice, had to practically drag him off the El. I wonder if Clive Owen's uglier brother next to him finished his crossword puzzle.

GoGoCrede
03-31-2012, 01:49 AM
Also, someone needs to tell Cork and Kerry's to dial the music down a notch. And to fix the flat screen in the back. I couldn't follow the Bulls game. Other than that, drinks and food are always good. Tebman and Mrs. Dump ordered these Irish fries that looked so good.

Thankfully he did not. Though his girlfriend, who had a very creepy and very high pitched voice, had to practically drag him off the El. I wonder if Clive Owen's uglier brother next to him finished his crossword puzzle.

Haha, what Clive Owen lookalike!? I was mainly keeping an eye on the vomit guy to check for signs that he was going to throw up again. The thought of using you as a shield did cross my mind. Kidding. :tongue:

DSpivack
03-31-2012, 02:05 AM
Also, someone needs to tell Cork and Kerry's to dial the music down a notch. And to fix the flat screen in the back. I couldn't follow the Bulls game. Other than that, drinks and food are always good. Tebman and Mrs. Dump ordered these Irish fries that looked so good.

Haha, what Clive Owen lookalike!? I was mainly keeping an eye on the vomit guy to check for signs that he was going to throw up again. The thought of using you as a shield did cross my mind. Kidding. :tongue:

Even sitting the right direction for the Bulls game, I was only barely keeping track of the score. It seemed like a rather forgettable game, anyway.

The guy sitting next to vomit mcgee I thought bore a passing resemblance to Clive Owen; he was also passing judgment on vomit shirt guy and cracked a wry smile once they stumbled out on the platform. That whole crowd got off at Loyola; at Howard, there appeared to be a whole 'nother gaggle of Northwestern undergrads returning from shenanigans of their own.

tebman
03-31-2012, 07:54 AM

Yaz! Pliers!

Next time we'll do it right:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111006004310/bettyboop/images/thumb/2/24/The_dancing_fool.png/400px-The_dancing_fool.png

Also, someone needs to tell Cork and Kerry's to dial the music down a notch.

What?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-krSmVK697nc/Tsb2yIcq0ZI/AAAAAAAADZ8/K1HhtjC-3gI/s400/bud_selig-232x300.jpg

October26
03-31-2012, 08:41 AM
Next time we'll do it right:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111006004310/bettyboop/images/thumb/2/24/The_dancing_fool.png/400px-The_dancing_fool.png

What?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-krSmVK697nc/Tsb2yIcq0ZI/AAAAAAAADZ8/K1HhtjC-3gI/s400/bud_selig-232x300.jpg

:rolling: It was great to go to bed smiling last night and nice to wake up to more laughter this morning. And I'm all for more dancing, btw. :cool:

Thanks GoGoCrede for your excellent recap above. No worries about the book - I will reserve it through the CPL. I too enjoyed seeing everyone last night. DSpivack, it was nice to meet you. Great conversation! My face hurts from laughing so hard and my voice is hoarse this morning from having to yell over the loud music. But they say that laughter is the best medicine and I can attest to that.

I thought it was fitting that the evening ended at 11:30 pm with ChiSoxGirl & I having to conduct diplomatic maneuvers with our waitress over our bill. Our poor waitress was having a rough night.

That is an interesting story GoGo about you & DSpivack seeing "Mr. Vomit" on the train on your way home. It does not surprise me since you just never know what you'll encounter while riding the CTA these days.

Yaz! Pliers!

ChiSoxGirl
03-31-2012, 05:49 PM

Yaz! Pliers!

I guess I just don't see myself as being as funny as other people do, but I'm glad I'm able to make people laugh with my stories and one-liners.

:rolling: It was great to go to bed smiling last night and nice to wake up to more laughter this morning. And I'm all for more dancing, btw. :cool:

Thanks GoGoCrede for your excellent recap above. No worries about the book - I will reserve it through the CPL. I too enjoyed seeing everyone last night. DSpivack, it was nice to meet you. Great conversation! My face hurts from laughing so hard and my voice is hoarse this morning from having to yell over the loud music. But they say that laughter is the best medicine and I can attest to that.

I thought it was fitting that the evening ended at 11:30 pm with ChiSoxGirl & I having to conduct diplomatic maneuvers with our waitress over our bill. Our poor waitress was having a rough night.

That is an interesting story GoGo about you & DSpivack seeing "Mr. Vomit" on the train on your way home. It does not surprise me since you just never know what you'll encounter while riding the CTA these days.

Yaz! Pliers!

You know who would've enjoyed last night's party? Yaz!!!!!

I'm glad you were able to make it out with us, as I always enjoy your White Sox knowledge and warm personality.

Yaz! Pliers!

JB98
04-02-2012, 01:00 AM
I've decided to add "Yaz" and "Pliers" to my signature file and encourage others to do the same.

SoxandtheCityTee
04-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Sorry to have missed it -- I was a bit under the weather. Glad to hear a good time was had by all.

guillensdisciple
04-02-2012, 08:49 AM
My apologies for not showing as well, the plan to go fell through and I has no way of arriving there without a car and no train system near me.

Hopefully next year:)

ChiSoxGirl
04-02-2012, 09:52 AM
I've decided to add "Yaz" and "Pliers" to my signature file and encourage others to do the same.

Done. :cool:

October26
04-02-2012, 06:02 PM

:thumbsup:

Done. :cool:

+1.