PDA

View Full Version : Time for Joe Mauer to accept responsibility

Southsider101
02-19-2012, 10:02 AM
After his big contract extension, it's time for Mauer to start producing and quit whining.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/139592093.html

DumpJerry
02-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Oh no! Joe Mauer was trying to get healthy after an injury! The nerve!!!:angry:

Does the Sun Times know that Cowley has been writing stories for the Strib under the name "Jim Souhan?"

balke
02-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Yeah Minnesota - Joe is letting you down! You should eat all of his salary and send him to the White Sox.

TaylorStSox
02-19-2012, 01:30 PM
I don't think you can blame his personally, but it was always a stupid contract.

DirtySox
02-19-2012, 01:40 PM
What an awful article.

doublem23
02-19-2012, 02:14 PM
What an awful article.

Seriously, it is good to know that sports writers are this stupid everywhere. I used to think it was just us with Cowley and Rogers.

WLL1855
02-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Oh no! Joe Mauer was trying to get healthy after an injury! The nerve!!!:angry:

Does the Sun Times know that Cowley has been writing stories for the Strib under the name "Jim Souhan?"

It was more than just a routine injury. If I remember correctly, he had a crippling viral infection the first few months of the season to go with it. This hack writer makes it sound like Mauer was kicking back at the Ritz taking his time nursing himself back to health. What a pathetic article.

johnnyg83
02-19-2012, 11:35 PM
That's an embarrassment. This media circus we've created seems to only want to celebrate those who tell us how good they are and how being a loudmouth means being a leader.

Thank heaven for Joe Maurer, Eli Manning, Dirk Nowitzki, Jonathan Toews. They show us that success isn't about your mouth it's about what you do when you play.

Bob Roarman
02-20-2012, 12:19 AM
When they're winning, they applaud his humble attitude, when they're losing he's got to be better than that. Same formula everywhere. Writers gotta write.

Southsider101
02-20-2012, 02:06 PM
It was more than just a routine injury. If I remember correctly, he had a crippling viral infection the first few months of the season to go with it. This hack writer makes it sound like Mauer was kicking back at the Ritz taking his time nursing himself back to health. What a pathetic article.

You're right. That was the widely discussed rumor around the Twin Cities last season, even though it was reported as "bilateral leg weakness" in the media.

guillensdisciple
02-20-2012, 02:22 PM
That's an embarrassment. This media circus we've created seems to only want to celebrate those who tell us how good they are and how being a loudmouth means being a leader.

Thank heaven for Joe Maurer, Eli Manning, Dirk Nowitzki, Jonathan Toews. They show us that success isn't about your mouth it's about what you do when you play.

Paul Konerko deserves to be on that list.

asindc
02-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Paul Konerko deserves to be on that list.

So do the majority of pro athletes.

gobears1987
02-20-2012, 06:38 PM
He's still the best catcher of my lifetime.