PDA

View Full Version : Speechless

balboner
07-20-2002, 10:35 PM
This pathetic team makes me laugh everyday at just how much the team, management, and everyone else sucks. Manuel has no clue how to handle the team, and I could care less that he's a minority coach, get him the hell out of town. There's no excuse for him to still be in his position. Sox are on their way to 4th place in a horrible division.

capn12
07-20-2002, 10:38 PM
i disagree with Manuel as much as anyone else, but what did he do wrong tonight in your opinion?? I thought he did what was right. Osuna is still his closer for now, and he blew it....

duke of dorwood
07-20-2002, 10:42 PM
We beat ourselves over & over. Osuna made that pitch hittable-cant do that. I have never seen a worse team on the bases. A less disciplined team, a more underachieving group. It cant be called a team.

balboner
07-20-2002, 10:43 PM
This is the worst coach team in baseball I've ever seen. There's not one area in which they are sound at. That starts and ends w/their coaching. Not a single coach should be allowed to come to the park tomorrow.

capn12
07-20-2002, 10:45 PM
Unfortunately, JM cant go out there and make the pitches effective, or the bats make contact....at some point, the players have to take the burden of bad play.

Piss-poor baserunning, complete lack of hitting with RISP, fat pitches left over the plate....JM cant take the blame for it all. There is just too much dead weight on this team right now.

Iguana775
07-20-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by capn12
Unfortunately, JM cant go out there and make the pitches effective, or the bats make contact....at some point, the players have to take the burden of bad play.

Piss-poor baserunning, complete lack of hitting with RISP, fat pitches left over the plate....JM cant take the blame for it all. There is just too much dead weight on this team right now.

i dissagree. this team has the talent to makeit major noise. it is up to the coaches to get them to play as a TEAM and play sound fundamental baseball. and that is not what they are doing. period. it may not be totally JM fault but it IS the coaches, specifically nardi and pettis....ward to a lesser extent but almost as bad. they all need to be fired...and SOON!

capn12
07-20-2002, 11:05 PM
Nardi- hell, yes...shoulda been gone in 2001
Pettis- shoulda never been here to start with

These guys had no problem playing as a team under JM in 2000 and more importantly, as an injury plagued team in 2001. JM didnt just forget how to "lead" these guys, responsibility falls on the guys who are just there to collect a paycheck, and don't care either way.

ISUSoxfan
07-21-2002, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by balboner
This is the worst coach team in baseball I've ever seen.
You obviously don't remember the Gene Lamont erra. I gotta agree with George Bell when he said, "I don't respect him as a manager or as a man." Manuel has to go, but all of us who made it through Lamont should realize that Manuel is not the worst possible manager, just really bad, although tonight was not his fault.

oldcomiskey
07-21-2002, 10:33 AM
or bevington