PDA

View Full Version : Josh Stewart and Joe Valentine

Chisox_cali
07-20-2002, 07:43 PM
What can you minor league experts tell me about these two, they seem to be doing pretty damn good with the Barons this season.

Chisox_cali
07-21-2002, 01:57 AM
*bump*

Jerry_Manuel
07-21-2002, 01:52 PM
I know Valentine is a guy we lost to the (Tigers?) in the rule 5 draft. He didn't make their team so we got him back.

That's about all I'm good for though.

Chisox_cali
07-22-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I know Valentine is a guy we lost to the (Tigers?) in the rule 5 draft. He didn't make their team so we got him back.

That's about all I'm good for though.

And now he has something like 23 saves for the Barons, and his name is the American-ized version of Jose Valentin, that just cracks me up. Also the pitcher we got for the milkman I believe, Corey Lee, is another CLee, but if he ever got called up to the Sox with Carlos still on the team his jersey would have to say "Co. Lee" :D:

kermittheefrog
07-22-2002, 12:29 AM
Josh Stewart is a soft tossing lefty, really has no future. He doesn't get enough strike outs, has weak stats and isn't really taken seriously as a prospect within the organization.

Valentine on the other hand could be a decent pitcher, according to scouting reports he can touch the upper 90s and has a good slider. He's pitched well in the minors but still needs to work on his control a bit. I think he could be a contributor in a major league pen someday soon.

Chisox_cali
07-22-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Josh Stewart is a soft tossing lefty, really has no future. He doesn't get enough strike outs, has weak stats and isn't really taken seriously as a prospect within the organization.

Valentine on the other hand could be a decent pitcher, according to scouting reports he can touch the upper 90s and has a good slider. He's pitched well in the minors but still needs to work on his control a bit. I think he could be a contributor in a major league pen someday soon.

Cool, Thanks Kermie.