PDA

View Full Version : Worst Sports owner in Chicago

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-20-2002, 07:19 PM
Take your pick. Tough choice I know

RedPinStripes
07-20-2002, 07:23 PM
In all honesty , Dollar Bill is much worse.

Soxheads
07-20-2002, 07:24 PM
Who are the first 2?

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-20-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Who are the first 2?

Owners of the Blackhawks and Bears respectively

LongDistanceFan
07-20-2002, 08:35 PM
$$ bill, he has the money and yet he is happy to make money and not championship.

bears, at least they hire those who can assemble a team to win.

doublem23
07-20-2002, 09:38 PM
At least we can watch the Sox when they're at home (despite how much we not want to right now).

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-20-2002, 11:01 PM
$ bill, he doesn't care about the hawks at all, only about the $$$$$$$

doublem23
07-20-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
$ bill, he doesn't care about the hawks at all, only about the $$$$$$$

Just like someone else...

:reinsy

Daver
07-20-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Just like someone else...

:reinsy

Reinsdorf has spent money on players,they just immiedietly start to suck everytime he does,Jami Navarro comes to mind.....

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-20-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by daver

Reinsdorf has spent money on players,they just immiedietly start to suck everytime he does,Jami Navarro comes to mind.....

You know what really kills me about the Whole Jamie Navarro saga? It's that Roger Clemens was available at the same time through free agency & we didn't grab him because Sox Management thought he was "over the hill".

Alas, the rest is history.

Daver
07-20-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

You know what really kills me about the Whole Jamie Navarro saga? It's that Roger Clemens was available at the same time through free agency & we didn't grab him because Sox Management thought he was "over the hill".

Alas, the rest is history.

That decision was made by Ron Schueler alone,the same slug that many would like to see brought back as GM.

LongDistanceFan
07-20-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by daver

or 33 mil a yr to one player

MarkEdward
07-21-2002, 12:16 AM
Dollar Bill takes the cake. No home games on TV is no way to make new fans. If you think Uncle Jerry is cheap, just look at the Hawks' roster for this upcoming year (still no starting winger to go with Calder and Zhamnov, no defense).

chisoxfanatic
07-21-2002, 12:33 AM
None of us can complain about Reinsdorf's performance as an owner as a whole, since he brought us six championships with Da Bulls. But we can nearly all agree that $ Bill sucks! I'm getting sick of him! You can go to www.wirtzsucks.com (http://) to vent out your own frustrations on this idiot owner.

Heather the Redbird

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-21-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
None of us can complain about Reinsdorf's performance as an owner as a whole, since he brought us six championships with Da Bulls. But we can nearly all agree that $ Bill sucks! I'm getting sick of him! You can go to www.wirtzsucks.com (http://) to vent out your own frustrations on this idiot owner.

Heather the Redbird

You sure that link works? I tried it & it got nothing.

soxtalker
07-21-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic

Heather the Redbird

Must agree. As much as JR's run as managing partner in the ownership of the Sox has been frustrating -- and the past 2 years in particular -- it was under his ownership that the Bulls won 6 championships. Now, one can argue that he got very lucky in being able to draft Jordan, but that's always part of the equation.

I thought about the reverse question -- who would be the best owner, and I might be tempted to vote for JR. That's sad ...

SI1020
07-22-2002, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by soxtalker

Must agree. As much as JR's run as managing partner in the ownership of the Sox has been frustrating -- and the past 2 years in particular -- it was under his ownership that the Bulls won 6 championships. Now, one can argue that he got very lucky in being able to draft Jordan, but that's always part of the equation.

I thought about the reverse question -- who would be the best owner, and I might be tempted to vote for JR. That's sad ... There is no "best" owner in Chicago sports.