PDA

View Full Version : MLB12: The Show offers preview of Marlins ballpark

Fenway
02-12-2012, 01:02 PM
http://mlb.sbnation.com/2012/2/12/2793566/marlins-park-on-mlb12-the-show-in-hd

Lamp81
02-12-2012, 10:43 PM
I remember the rendering of Joe Robbie Stadium in the Sega Genesis World Series game.

They took Fenway Park, and painted the fences Teal. There was also a glitch in the game that caused all ball hit against the Teal Monster to go right through, for a home run, instead of bouncing off of it.

Fenway
02-12-2012, 10:51 PM
It is going to be interesting to see how the Marlins draw.

They drew over 3,000,000 in their first year and haven't come close since.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/FLA/attend.shtml

The great unknown - will the fans from Broward and Palm Beach go deep into Dade - I have my doubts.

I remember the rendering of Joe Robbie Stadium in the Sega Genesis World Series game.

They took Fenway Park, and painted the fences Teal. There was also a glitch in the game that caused all ball hit against the Teal Monster to go right through, for a home run, instead of bouncing off of it.

geofitz
02-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Fans from Palm Beach will more than likely travel deep into Dade to see the Myama Marlins. Once or twice. To check out the stadium or see their favorite visiting team. There's a tremendous difference in being able to travel the Florida Turnpike and get off at the Dade-Broward line to go to JRS and putting up with I-95 traffic all the way into Little Havana.

I know for certain that's my plan. And that of many other fans.

siugrad25
02-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Fans from Palm Beach will more than likely travel deep into Dade to see the Myama Marlins. Once or twice. To check out the stadium or see their favorite visiting team. There's a tremendous difference in being able to travel the Florida Turnpike and get off at the Dade-Broward line to go to JRS and putting up with I-95 traffic all the way into Little Havana.

As a former Florida resident living on the Treasure Coast, I know it was an hour and a half to go to a Marlins/Dolphins game from door-to-door. I've heard it takes another 20 minutes or so to get to Little Havana. For me, that would have put the trip at roughly two hours and would turn from a little trip to almost a vacation. :cool:

Viva Medias B's
02-13-2012, 08:16 AM

Will the Marlins be able to balance any potential loss of fans from Palm Beach and Broward with an influx of fans from Greater Miami, however?

Tree Hate Me
02-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Is that a giant mountain of cocaine over the LF wall?

"Folks, be sure to join us this Friday for 'Scarface' Night. The first 10,000 fans 21 and over will receive an adhesive Tony Montana facial scar and a coke spoon..."

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-15-2012, 08:03 AM
That thing in LF looks like a carnival target shooting game.

"Hit the Dolphin, win a **** YOU tweet from Ozzie!"

PorkChopExpress
02-15-2012, 03:04 PM
I don't know, it looks like a nice ballpark. I see some artifically created doubles and triples off that strange curve in the wall in CF.