PDA

View Full Version : Will there really be no more significant moves?

A. Cavatica
02-09-2012, 08:28 PM
I have to say, I'm getting a little nervous to see the pitchers/catchers reporting deadline creeping up and this team still in the awkward state between rebuilding and...wherever it is that KW thinks they will be. He can't be serious about rebuilding on the fly, can he? When the team was decidedly not a contender last year, and all the moves have been subtractions?

(Edit: even if one of the moves was an addition by subtraction.)

Golden Sox
02-09-2012, 08:40 PM
KW can't move Rios, Dunn, and Peavy. Unless I'm misreading this situation, KW is hoping these 3 guys will rebound in 2012.If these guys actually rebound and have good seasons the White Sox can contend this year. If they don't rebound, it will be a repeat of 2011.

DirtySox
02-09-2012, 08:44 PM
One hopes that the team isn't stuck in between. It's not a good place to be. Maybe Kenny is holding onto his remaining trade-able assets until the trade deadline where he can potentially get a better return? It's really hard to see this team even remotely contending this year. Either way, I'm looking forward to baseball again.

LITTLE NELL
02-09-2012, 08:46 PM
I think KW makes one more move and signs Cespedes.

34rancher
02-09-2012, 09:42 PM
KW can't move Rios, Dunn, and Peavy. Unless I'm misreading this situation, KW is hoping these 3 guys will rebound in 2012.If these guys actually rebound and have good seasons the White Sox can contend this year. If they don't rebound, it will be a repeat of 2011.

I think if they rebound we might contend for .500.
I fully expect us to win within +/-5 games of northsiders and finish last in division. I fully expect us to be cemented in last of central until Dunn is gone.

soltrain21
02-09-2012, 09:43 PM
I think if they rebound we might contend for .500.
I fully expect us to win within +/-5 games of northsiders and finish last in division. I fully expect us to be cemented in last of central until Dunn is gone.

Who gives a flying **** about whether or not we win more games than the Cubs?

34rancher
02-09-2012, 09:44 PM

I don't. I was using it as a point of reference on my opinion on how bad we will be.

DumpJerry
02-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Why are you asking us? We are on the outside.

Email Kenny.

LITTLE NELL
02-10-2012, 06:30 AM

I do because I have standing bets with some Cubs fans I know. We bet 2 dollars a win so if the Sox win 10 more games than the Cubs, that's 20 bucks in my pocket from each bet.

DumpJerry
02-10-2012, 06:55 AM

I do because I have standing bets with some Cubs fans I know. We bet 2 dollars a win so if the Sox win 10 more games than the Cubs, that's 20 bucks in my pocket from each bet.
Me, too. If we win more than those losers, then I get to have lunch. If we win fewer, then I have to buy lunch to pay off the annual bet.

Over By There
02-10-2012, 07:31 AM
The only other move that seems to have any legs would be trading Floyd. But all seems quiet on that front as well. By all accounts we're not in the running on Cespedes (which I don't have a problem with - sounds to me like a huge price tag for a prospect).

russ99
02-10-2012, 08:00 AM

I'm more hoping that Rios, Dunn and Peavy rebound so we can deal at least two of them. Maybe one of them comes back to the player they were before they were with the Sox, but IMO more than that is wishful thinking.

This year is really about the younger players like Viciedo, Beckham, Morel, Flowers, De Aza, Humber, Sale, Reed, etc. If they play well, we'll at least break .500, be more exciting to watch and be much better set up for the future, especially if those trades can be made...

moochpuppy
02-10-2012, 08:13 AM
The only other move that seems to have any legs would be trading Floyd. But all seems quiet on that front as well. By all accounts we're not in the running on Cespedes (which I don't have a problem with - sounds to me like a huge price tag for a prospect).

A Floyd trade is the only deal left making that I see that has any legs. Like was mentioned earlier though we could get more around the trade deadline and maybe even luck out and be able to trade one of the Disappointing Three.

The Sox will not sign Cespedes because of the money he is commanding. I would rather see Kenny go hard after Soler.

KMcMahon817
02-10-2012, 12:19 PM
I was hoping KW would pick up a few cheap arms with major league experience to compete for the last few spots in the bullpen. But, at this point there are not many left.