PDA

View Full Version : who absolutely MUST GO?

BuehrleACE56
07-20-2002, 03:25 AM
who is it most important that the sox offload this season/offseason?

bc2k
07-20-2002, 03:54 AM
Since Alomar, Clayton, and Durham are all already gone after this season, Thomas is the biggest cancer to unload. Ritchie, I believe, is only signed for one more year, Frank is signed through 2006. Ritchie plays once every five games, Frank plays every game. Ritchie is owed around 3.5 million, Frank 40+mil.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-20-2002, 05:03 AM
I think JR, if we got a new owner, HOPEFULLY he would notice what has to go, like KW, nardi, jm, ritchie, clayton etc etc

idseer
07-20-2002, 09:52 AM
my wish is that jr sells the team. but being an owner there's no real discussion about him being removed. all the others are subject to being replaced.

i think the worst talent and the most damage is being done by the manager. however if he were my choice, we'd still have the 'brains' behind him to deal with. so i choose williams ... and would hope whoever the new gm is, he'd be smart enough to quickly dump jm!

i should add that everyone on that list should probably go ... other than maybe lee. i feel the jury is still out on him.

alohafri
07-20-2002, 11:40 AM
We need to send Brooklyn Jerry packing. Just go away! You have destroyed two franchises because you are a frigging cheapskate.

Oh, if Tony Accardo was still alive!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-20-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
who is it most important that the sox offload this season/offseason?

Great poll, but you forgot NARDI the alien.

HawkDJ
07-20-2002, 12:07 PM
This should be multiple choice. But since I could only vote for one I chose JR.

I think alot of people will say KW but I like what he is trying to do. I know he overpays alot but he is trying to get all the pieces in the puzzle at least, something Schueler wouldn't do.

TheBigHurt
07-20-2002, 12:52 PM
i also voted for JR becuase i could only pick one

idseer
07-20-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
This should be multiple choice. But since I could only vote for one I chose JR.

I think alot of people will say KW but I like what he is trying to do. I know he overpays alot but he is trying to get all the pieces in the puzzle at least, something Schueler wouldn't do.

i really don't question kw's desire or work ethic. i'm sure he tries hard.
i just feel he has no talent for what he's doing.

soxtalker
07-20-2002, 03:12 PM
I pretty much echo the comments in idseer's two posts. I voted for KW, but I'd really like to see them all gone. Just a few added comments.

With respect to JR, I'd like to see him sell the team, but to a single owner -- not a group of owners who are mostly invisible to the fans.

With respect to KW, I'm sure that he takes his job seriously and is trying to put out a winner. As idseer said, I don't think that he knows what he's doing. In addition, he really seems to let his emotions take over quickly. Now, that is partly good -- having passion for the job and game is important. However, I don't like it if it clouds his thinking. For example, this can happen in trades; if he really wants someone badly, he has a tendency to overpay. Also, what about the Sean Lowe trade. Most fans thought that he did whatever the Sox wanted last year, yet it was clear that he was not appreciated in the organization. Hence, he was a throw-in on the Ritchie deal. I don't want to start a debate on Sean Lowe. I'm simply making the point that the decision appears to have been driven by emotion.

Soxheads
07-20-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by idseer

i really don't question kw's desire or work ethic. i'm sure he tries hard.
i just feel he has no talent for what he's doing.

Ditto. It's obvious that he's been trying to improve the team, but nearly everything has backfired.