PDA

View Full Version : If I have Manuel figured...

Tragg
07-19-2002, 11:44 PM
out correctly, Bob Howry will be the next designated closer - he pitched a decent 1+ innings tonight. This act of the Kenny Manuel dog and pony show might actually work as Howry is one of the 2 Sox relievers who has actually proven he can close games over an extended period of time (closer in either 98 or 99 and reasonably effective).
Of course, as the "hot hand" theory didn't work when he tried to make a situational lefty the closer, he might abandon it for a coin toss, eenie meenie miney moe, or the old salt - when in doubt, pitch a KW aquisition.

This regime is rapidly becoming a comic figure, in the same realm as short pants, midgets in the line-up and, the 8th reincarnation of Paul Richards as manager.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-19-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
This regime is rapidly becoming a comic figure, in the same realm as short pants, midgets in the line-up and, the 8th reincarnation of Paul Richards as manager.

Good idea. Let's dig up the Wizard of Waxahatchie and prop him up in the manager's seat inside the dugout. I'm guessing the players will hardly notice the difference.

Acquiring the frozen corpse of the Splendid Splinter might solve our problems in the #3 hole, too.

Anything is possible with this outfit...

:)

BuehrleACE56
07-20-2002, 02:12 AM
i believe the eenie meenie miny moe theory has been manuel's choice all year. his random lineups and pitching changes as well as pinch hitting are insane. i just want to strangle him half the time. what happened to that set lineup from april back when we WERE WINNING!?!?