PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Holder Presale & Dynamic Pricing

palehosepub
01-31-2012, 10:54 AM
STH presale started today, they started using the interactive map again where you can pick specific available seats. I had 4 good seats for a Cubs Sox game selected and then a message came up and said due to high demand they recommended picking best available seats and I lost the LD seats from my cart. Now it seems like the interactive seat map is working again but there is only UD seats for the opener and limited LD for Cubs series - usually in the ballpark corners or partially obstructed views.

Also dynamic pricing means $85 per seat for LD reserved for the Cubs. The perquisite is not what it used to be. Any others try the presale this morning?

Chez
01-31-2012, 11:31 AM
I did and got exactly what I wanted -- four great UD for the Tuesday night game against the Cubs and two great UD for the Opener.

kittle42
01-31-2012, 11:31 AM
Since I decided not to take any tickets from my season ticket package, I went on and got opening day. Sec. 156, Row 15, Seats 1-2 for $57.50 each after fees and whatnot. Not bad.

No way I was getting any other games. Even the Cubs games will be able to be gotten below face as game day approaches.

amsteel
01-31-2012, 11:34 AM
there is only UD seats for the opener

Thanks, I was gonna sign up for the Sox Pride Club today in hopes of getting LD for OD during the presale tomorrow, but it looks like that won't be necessary.

EDIT: Or are there?!
I went on and got opening day. Sec. 156, Row 15, Seats 1-2 for $57.50 each after fees and whatnot. Not bad.

palehosepub
01-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Thanks, I was gonna sign up for the Sox Pride Club today in hopes of getting LD for OD during the presale tomorrow, but it looks like that won't be necessary.

EDIT: Or are there?!

It looks like they are all gone now in the LD but the Pride Club is a separate offer - they may hold and release more tix for that presale. The STH sale noted numerous times that there are "only certain seats available for this offer".
Good luck.

WhiffleBall
01-31-2012, 12:52 PM
I went on at 10AM and checked for 4 for the opener and the best that was offered was section 509 row 2!

These presales are only worth it when tickets are in high demand which they will not be this year. All games including the home opener will be available a few days before the game on TM with better seats then are being offered in these presales. It happens every year.

The best way to get tickets in advance is to go to the box office the day tickets go on sale at the ballpark. No fees and the ticket person will help with seat selection. The next best way is to keep an eye on stubhub and craigslist, some ST holders dump a lot of their tickets for cheap prices before the season starts.

Chez
01-31-2012, 02:03 PM
I went on at 10AM and checked for 4 for the opener and the best that was offered was section 509 row 2!

That's odd. I went on at around 10:05 and got 2 in Section 526, Row 4. Maybe because I only wanted 2?

Sad
02-01-2012, 01:57 PM
I scored great UD Premium Box Sec 536 Row 5 aisle for the Tuesday 5/15 Detroit and Sat 8/11 Oakland games,
and Sec 540 Row 7 aisle for the Sat 6/23 Milwaukee game...
usually get a room downtown for the Sat night games with my wife...

not interested in coming in for the Cubs / Sox series anymore...

Opening Day is on a Friday and my co-worker SOX friend usually travels back home to Canada on Friday's so I'm skipping this year

amsteel
02-01-2012, 03:36 PM
FYI: If you're part of the Sox Pride Club, there are Lower Box and Club seats available on the presale right now for Opening Day.

yazz32
02-01-2012, 04:03 PM
FYI: If you're part of the Sox Pride Club, there are Lower Box and Club seats available on the presale right now for Opening Day.

Just scored some Club Level seats for Opening Day! :bandance:
Thanks for the tip!

amsteel
02-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Just scored some Club Level seats for Opening Day! :bandance:
Thanks for the tip!

I'm pretty shocked they were out there, because they definitely were not this morning. You're probably sitting right next to me because you needed to specifically search for Club level. 'Best Available' gives you Lower Box.

Now we just have to wait 2+ months.

comiskey2000
02-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Saw LD's available for opening day during today's presale. I ended up getting two in the Upper Deck behind the plate though.

palehosepub
02-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Anybody go out to the ballpark box office today? I was curious if there has been a decent turnout.

kittle42
02-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Anybody go out to the ballpark box office today? I was curious if there has been a decent turnout.

They're lining up around the block for these hot tickets!

mrfourni
02-03-2012, 11:38 AM
I like that they finally decided not to charge me to have tickets e-mailed so i can print them out on my own paper and use my own ink.

bigsoxfan420
02-03-2012, 11:39 AM
They're lining up around the block for these hot tickets!

Teal?

WhiffleBall
02-03-2012, 11:40 AM

Tickets don't go on sale at the ballpark until 2-12:

PLEASE NOTE: The first day that fans can purchase tickets at the U.S. Cellular Field box office is Saturday, February 12 at 10 a.m. The U.S. Cellular Field box office is open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

salty99
02-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Tickets don't go on sale at the ballpark until 2-12:

PLEASE NOTE: The first day that fans can purchase tickets at the U.S. Cellular Field box office is Saturday, February 12 at 10 a.m. The U.S. Cellular Field box office is open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

incorrect:

Tickets also will be sold at Bacardi at the Park, near Gate 5 of U.S. Cellular Field, on February 4 beginning at 10:00 a.m., and at the U.S. Cellular Field ticket office near Gate 4 starting on February 5. The Chicago Sports Depot, the 12,000 square foot sports merchandise store directly adjacent to Bacardi at the Park, also will be open to the public at 10 a.m. on Saturday.

kittle42
02-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Teal?

You need to ask?

bigsoxfan420
02-03-2012, 01:23 PM
You need to ask?

Yes.

Rocky Soprano
02-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm pretty shocked they were out there, because they definitely were not this morning. You're probably sitting right next to me because you needed to specifically search for Club level. 'Best Available' gives you Lower Box.

Now we just have to wait 2+ months.

I went on right at 10am for the Sox Pride Pre-Sale and all they had was Uppers. :whiner:

Oh well, at least I'm making to my 10th straight OD.

beasly213
02-03-2012, 06:19 PM
I went on right at 10am for the Sox Pride Pre-Sale and all they had was Uppers. :whiner:

Oh well, at least I'm making to my 10th straight OD.

They always release more later on.

Nellie_Fox
02-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Teal?

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/16300000/Sheldon-Cooper-sheldon-cooper-16366703-492-656.jpg

Sarcasm?

russ99
02-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Ticketmaster sent me an email for a long sports survey that seemed to be about dynamic pricing and I responded to that scheme in the most negative way possible.

Check your emails, you may have one too, and this is a rare chance to weigh in.

As for the Sox presale, I went very light, only 4 games, down from 12 last year. I need to see a good product on the field before I go to more.

CLUBHOUSE KID
02-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Premium Upper Box is the best deal at the park. I mean, half-price games are just $13/seat! Better than sitting in section 150 IMO.

This year, the seats are not being sold inside the park, they are on the 2nd level of Bacardi.

ChiSoxFann
02-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Ticketmaster sent me an email for a long sports survey that seemed to be about dynamic pricing and I responded to that scheme in the most negative way possible.

I would love to take that survey to voice my displeasure with that dynamic pricing crap. I stopped myself from getting walk-up tickets at the box office a few times last year when I saw how much they inflated the prices as the game got closer. You can check the current price online at Ticketmaster to see how much they've increased during the year.

StubHub and craigslist became great alternatives throughout the season. I only picked up a few games right now and will see how the season plays out.

Foulke You
02-06-2012, 03:52 PM
I would love to take that survey to voice my displeasure with that dynamic pricing crap. I stopped myself from getting walk-up tickets at the box office a few times last year when I saw how much they inflated the prices as the game got closer. You can check the current price online at Ticketmaster to see how much they've increased during the year.
I did the exact same thing last season. I was on the fence about going to an extra game of the Sox/Yankees series but when I saw how much they jacked the prices up "dynamically", I ended up taking a pass. I really hope the Sox back off the whole dynamic thing.

amsteel
02-06-2012, 04:34 PM
If the Sox actually looked at how much tickets go for on the secondary market, they would blow a stack when they realize that they are typically charging 40% over what the market will support.

If you're flexible about what games you go to and are willing to buy tickets day of, you can go to alot of games for less than half of face value. Over the past 3 years I would guess I've attended 50+ games and only bought tickets directly from the Sox for Opening Days and Frank Thomas day.

kittle42
02-06-2012, 04:48 PM
If the Sox actually looked at how much tickets go for on the secondary market, they would blow a stack when they realize that they are typically charging 40% over what the market will support.

If you're flexible about what games you go to and are willing to buy tickets day of, you can go to alot of games for less than half of face value. Over the past 3 years I would guess I've attended 50+ games and only bought tickets directly from the Sox for Opening Days and Frank Thomas day.

There are still so many people hesitant to do so, even with guaranteed valid tickets and substantially reduced cost.

34rancher
02-06-2012, 10:10 PM
I did the exact same thing last season. I was on the fence about going to an extra game of the Sox/Yankees series but when I saw how much they jacked the prices up "dynamically", I ended up taking a pass. I really hope the Sox back off the whole dynamic thing.

I know people will disagree, but as someone who used to go to 40 games a year and over 900 sox games in my lifetime, I haven't paid for tickets to a game since they started the premium games, so I sure as hell will not participate with dynamic pricing BS. So if anyone from marketing ever reads this, know you are losing people. Funny part is I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would.

WhiffleBall
02-07-2012, 08:17 AM

I'm pretty sure that the Sox get ticket pricing info from stubhub. I think it was part of the agreement made between MLB and stubhub so they are aware of tickets selling for below face value. That is why they lowered ticket prices for all sections except for club level and premium lower level box seats. Club level and the premium box seats held their value (for the most part) on stubhub while all those other sections usually sold for much lower than face value.

russ99
02-08-2012, 11:20 AM
I know people will disagree, but as someone who used to go to 40 games a year and over 900 sox games in my lifetime, I haven't paid for tickets to a game since they started the premium games, so I sure as hell will not participate with dynamic pricing BS. So if anyone from marketing ever reads this, know you are losing people. Funny part is I haven't missed it as much as I thought I would.

Dynamic pricing to me seems to be "let's fleece the suckers who don't know any better". Which isn't a good way to treat customers.

ode to veeck
02-12-2012, 06:31 PM
**** dynamic pricing...I never have and never will pay it

amsteel
02-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Dynamic pricing for the most part is horrible, but I did notice with discount codes, you are able to get some Upper Reserved seats for some games for less than 10$ after fees. I never though I'd see a day when you could get into the park (at face value) less than 10$ again.