PDA

View Full Version : Frank White's Alienation from the Royals

Viva Medias B's
01-27-2012, 10:33 PM
One of the Kansas City Royals' greatest players, Frank White, has divorced himself from them.

Link (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/26/3393622/t-bones-hire-frank-white.html)

Fenway
01-28-2012, 12:37 AM
One of the Kansas City Royals' greatest players, Frank White, has divorced himself from them.

Link (http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/26/3393622/t-bones-hire-frank-white.html)

The Glass family gets away with this because Selig needed his vote to stay as acting czar. Ewing Kauffman must be rolling over in his grave.

Viva Medias B's
01-28-2012, 07:59 AM
The Glass family gets away with this because Selig needed his vote to stay as acting czar. Ewing Kauffman must be rolling over in his grave.

When the Glass family took over operations of the Royals, they slashed payroll dramatically. The Royals haven't gone anywhere since.

johnnyg83
01-28-2012, 12:29 PM
The sad part about the Glass family's ownership is that KC is really a baseball town. When they've had even small flashes over the last 12 years I've lived here, the whole town starts to get into it.

But season after season of losing can't keep any enthusiasm.

I'd love to see what the Glass family really makes each year on the Royals, (not just tickets sold vs. salaries) I have no doubt they probably make equal to or more than their recent payrolls.

But it's hard to be surprised. Glass made his fortune at Walmart where making big profits at the expense of everyone else is their way of doing business.

Fenway
01-28-2012, 12:42 PM
I was out there a couple of years ago and while I enjoyed the renovations of Kauffman - in talking to fans there was a complete lack of hope.

The Royals even stopped paying a small subsidy to KC Transit Company for buses from downtown to the park - the bus can get you to the games but if you don't have a car it is a $35-40 cab back to downtown.

The football team continues to pay the subsidy.

The sad part about the Glass family's ownership is that KC is really a baseball town. When they've had even small flashes over the last 12 years I've lived here, the whole town starts to get into it.

But season after season of losing can't keep any enthusiasm.

I'd love to see what the Glass family really makes each year on the Royals, (not just tickets sold vs. salaries) I have no doubt they probably make equal to or more than their recent payrolls.

But it's hard to be surprised. Glass made his fortune at Walmart where making big profits at the expense of everyone else is their way of doing business.