PDA

View Full Version : Friday's WINNING Pick to Click!

PaleHoseGeorge
07-19-2002, 09:41 PM
Can Sox Fans hope this team ever gets its act together?

"I'm out of here with a fat new contract. Not my problem." :ray

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4)

This team sucks.

GASHWOUND
07-19-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
This team sucks.

Damn understatement of the century..

This team is beyond that..I don't think there is a word out there to describe the Sox *Sigh*

Soxheads
07-19-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Damn understatement of the century..

This team is beyond that..I don't think there is a word out there to describe the Sox *Sigh*

How about $hit?

Daver
07-19-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads

How about $hit?

We have a language filter for a reason,and to continue bypassing it for no good reason will lead to other consequences,this goes for all that choose to do it repeatedly,and you all know who you are.Consider this a warning to all of you.

Soxheads
07-19-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by daver

We have a language filter for a reason,and to continue bypassing it for no good reason will lead to other consequences,this goes for all that choose to do it repeatedly,and you all know who you are.Consider this a warning to all of you.

Sorry about that, daver. It's just hard searching for a good word to describe the Sox. :smile:

Daver
07-19-2002, 10:03 PM

Sorry about that, daver. It's just hard searching for a good word to describe the Sox. :smile:

That was not directed at you personally.

voodoochile
07-19-2002, 10:04 PM

is suckiest a word?

Daver
07-19-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

is suckiest a word?

It is now! :redneck

Soxheads
07-19-2002, 10:06 PM

That was not directed at you personally.

I know, but I probably do it more than I should.

is suckiest a word?

Not according to my c. 1960 dictionary. :smile:

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 10:08 PM

I'll never understand why but that's just me. At least we can say ASS SUCK BASTARD and DAMN. Not a stringent as the troll boards or the mlb boards

FarWestChicago
07-19-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

I'll never understand why but that's just me.There are more than 900 members in this community. And many don't want to read profanity and are offended by it. There are plenty of places on the Net where you can swear all you want. This isn't one of them and I am beyond tired of editing posts by people who don't understand the profanity filter is turned on because we don't want people using profanity. It is NOT turned on so people can be creative about how to defeat it.

voodoochile
07-19-2002, 10:16 PM

I'll never understand why but that's just me. At least we can say ASS SUCK BASTARD and DAMN. Not a stringent as the troll boards or the mlb boards

All of those are actualy words that have meaning beyond their slang usage. That is why more filters will bypass them unless you add them to the collection of words...

me, I'll stick with the old Bart Simpson line and .gif

:bart
"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this team both sucks and blows at the same time..."

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
There are more than 900 members in this community. And many don't want to read profanity and are offended by it. There are plenty of places on the Net where you can swear all you want. This isn't one of them and I am beyond tired of editing posts by people who don't understand the profanity filter is turned on because we don't want people using profanity. It is NOT turned on so people can be creative about how to defeat it.

Right I understand that, I'm talking about in general I don't like Censorship. You can say this but you can't say that, kinda hypocritical. Like on T.V for years there was the so called "7 words you can't say on TV" Now shows like "The Shield" and "South Park" can say the 'S' word whenever they please. And also context has changed you can say the 'P' word as an insult to someone, but you can't use it to describe the female genitalia. It's just Stupid to me. TO ME.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-19-2002, 10:20 PM
There are more than 900 members in this community. And many don't want to read profanity and are offended by it. There are plenty of places on the Net where you can swear all you want. This isn't one of them and I am beyond tired of editing posts by people who don't understand the profanity filter is turned on because we don't want people using profanity. It is NOT turned on so people can be creative about how to defeat it.

I'm going to have to start cleaning up my game recaps. I'm setting a poor example. :(:

Taskmaster West is watching!

:)

Soxheads
07-19-2002, 10:20 PM

Right I understand that, I'm talking about in general I don't like Censorship. You can say this but you can't say that, kinda hypocritical. Like on T.V for years there was the so called "7 words you can't say on TV" Now shows like "The Shield" and "South Park" can say the 'S' word whenever they please. And also context has changed you can say the 'P' word as an insult to someone, but you can't use it to describe the female genitalia. It's just Stupid to me. TO ME.

I was watching Beat the Geeks this morning, and I was surprised to see the "P" word.

We must be down to like 3 or 4 words you can't say.

Daver
07-19-2002, 10:21 PM

That is the magic of cable TV,they can do as they want,and we have the choice to do what we want also,and our choice is to not allow it.This site is visited by many people,some of them are less than twelve years old,there is no need for them to see profanity here.

voodoochile
07-19-2002, 10:22 PM

I'm going to have to start cleaning up my game recaps. I'm setting a poor example. :(:

Taskmaster West is watching!

Fight the power, George. We don't have to put up with this crap. Down with the MAN, man! Free the little people... um... er... nevermind...

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 10:22 PM
It's really gonna suck for the S n R guys. I havent seen so many stars in one place since the damn sky. Watch out JoeBatters and RPS! :D: .......and sometimes me.

Jerry_Manuel
07-19-2002, 10:24 PM

Please don't. These have been the best recaps I've read in a while. Their negative and I love it.

Soxheads
07-19-2002, 10:24 PM
And I got this whole thing started. Heads, you idiot......

Soxheads
07-19-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Please don't. These have been the best recaps I've read in a while. Their negative and I love it.

Only you, Jer.

While I'm thinking of stupid things i've done here, I can't help but think of the shorter name= WSI fame thread. :smile:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-19-2002, 10:26 PM
It's really gonna suck for the S n R guys. I havent seen so many stars in one place since the damn sky. Watch out JoeBatters and RPS! :D: .......and sometimes me.

Hey West, does this mean that you are going to put in a page on the link to the S n R website that makes you say that you're over 18? Maybe a credit card number to prove it?

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 10:26 PM

That is the magic of cable TV,they can do as they want,and we have the choice to do what we want also,and our choice is to not allow it.This site is visited by many people,some of them are less than twelve years old,there is no need for them to see profanity here.

It can also depend on how "Pro-Censorship" the parents of these 12 year old kids are. They may think that ass and suck are blasphemous swear words as much as the others, you'd still get complaint letters sent to you. And if I were a tweleve year old impressionable kid I may want to ask my parents what does the word mean if it's made out of *'s. Then you got even more letters coming your way.

FarWestChicago
07-19-2002, 10:27 PM

Right I understand that, I'm talking about in general I don't like Censorship. You can say this but you can't say that, kinda hypocritical. Like on T.V for years there was the so called "7 words you can't say on TV" Now shows like "The Shield" and "South Park" can say the 'S' word whenever they please. And also context has changed you can say the 'P' word as an insult to someone, but you can't use it to describe the female genitalia. It's just Stupid to me. TO ME. Well, until you buy your own server and software, learn how to run it and co-locate it at a NOC, you're stuck with "Stupid" me.

Jerry_Manuel
07-19-2002, 10:27 PM
Only you, Jer.

No way that its' only me. George is firing on everyone in these latest recaps.

Just my opinion but when the Sox win, the recaps are rather boring.

voodoochile
07-19-2002, 10:28 PM

Actually, you just brought the issue to a head...

Daver
07-19-2002, 10:28 PM
Well, until you buy your own server and software, learn how to run it and co-locate it at a NOC, you're stuck with "Stupid" me.

I got your back FWC.

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 10:29 PM
Well, until you buy your own server and software, learn how to run it and co-locate it at a NOC, you're stuck with "Stupid" me.

Hey I didn't say you were stupid. Don't be putting words in my mouth. I said the I think that Censorship is stupid and I don't think you invented censorship, nor are you Tipper Gore----as far as i know :D: ---- So I have no problem with you at all.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-19-2002, 10:30 PM
Just my opinion but when the Sox win, the recaps are rather boring.

My heart just isn't in it, Jer. It's more fun to fire on everybody rather than praise all their clutch two out hits in the second inning.

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 10:31 PM

I got your back FWC.

Man a redneck against censorship i never thought I'd see the day. :smile:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-19-2002, 10:33 PM

My heart just isn't in it, Jer. It's more fun to fire on everybody rather than praise all their clutch two out hits in the second inning.

How bout ray with his "clutch" home run???

Jerry_Manuel
07-19-2002, 10:33 PM

Thats' the way I like it. Like I gave a damn about a double in the second. Tell me about the "tinkerer" and his "Southpaw wrecking crew". :D:

FarWestChicago
07-19-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

How bout ray with his "clutch" home run??? Can you please define "clutch"? :D:

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 10:35 PM

Thats' the way I like that. Like I gave a damn about a double in the second. Tell me about the "tinkerer" and his "Southpaw wrecking crew". :D:

I guess when he sticks the Twins recap in there you'll be on cloud nine, huh? :D:

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 10:36 PM
Man when is a big chunk of this thread gonna be moved. We stopped talking about the winning pick to click a while ago :smile:

Daver
07-19-2002, 10:37 PM

Man a redneck against censorship i never thought I'd see the day. :smile:

I don't have to worry,most of what I say means nothing to normal people,like uglier than a mud fence.

PaleHoseGeorge
Can you please define "clutch"? :D:

I'm not sure, but I'm getting an education tonight.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Clutch. adjective. a word used to describe something totally worthless to the team and only intended to pad ones own stats.

From the official NUKE_CLEVELAND dictionary.

voodoochile
07-19-2002, 10:38 PM
Man when is a big chunk of this thread gonna be moved. We stopped talking about the winning pick to click a while ago :smile:

Probably before I finish typing this post...

I bet the new topic is called "Censorship", but I suggest, "The seven deadly words you cannot say at WSI"

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 10:38 PM

I don't have to worry,most of what I say means nothing to normal people,like uglier than a mud fence.

You're Right, I don't know what that means but it still makes me laugh :D:

FarWestChicago
07-19-2002, 10:39 PM

Clutch. adjective. a word used to describe something totally worthless to the team and only intended to pad ones own stats.

From the official NUKE_CLEVELAND dictionary. LOL!!!! Is this the picture with the definition?

:nandrolone

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 10:39 PM

Probably before I finish typing this post...

I bet the new topic is called "Censorship", but I suggest, "The seven deadly words you cannot say at WSI"

I like the latter.

Jerry_Manuel
07-19-2002, 10:40 PM
I guess when he sticks the Twins recap in there you'll be on cloud nine, huh? :D:

Nah, their winning all the time. Recaps of wins aren't as fun.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-19-2002, 10:41 PM
LOL!!!! Is this the picture with the definition?

:nandrolone

That was one of em, this is the other...

:payrod

FarWestChicago
07-19-2002, 10:42 PM

That was one of em, this is the other...
Fancy dictionary. Two pictures. :D:

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 10:42 PM

Nah, their winning all the time. Recaps of wins aren't as fun.

Well now I'm just confused.... Which baseball team are you a fan of?

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-19-2002, 10:43 PM
Wait, scratch that,

SELFISH. Adjective. what these two guys are......

:shammy
:payrod

Jerry_Manuel
07-19-2002, 10:44 PM
Well now I'm just confused.... Which baseball team are you a fan of?

The Sox.

I'm not following the Twins anymore.

Daver
07-19-2002, 10:45 PM

A clutch is the the trans brake on a race car that allows it to shift gears at high speed without causing transmission or engine damage,see clutch plates or hydraulic clutch adjustments for more information.

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 10:45 PM
Wait, scratch that,

SELFISH. Adjective. what these two guys are......

:shammy

Also see Steroids. or Ego.

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 11:00 PM
We may need one of these before you get to read this Thread:

http://www.fastchanges.com/deathrow/graphics/common/global/parental_advisory_sticker.gif

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-19-2002, 11:01 PM
We may need one of these before you get to read this Thread:

http://www.fastchanges.com/deathrow/graphics/common/global/parental_advisory_sticker.gif

Maybe we need that agreement page where you have to swear to whatever god you believe in that you are over 18 & provide a credit card number because they know you're lying anyway.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-19-2002, 11:06 PM
Fancy dictionary. Two pictures. :D:

Nothing but the best for WSI.

Does this mean that I'm the official WSI librarian?

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 11:08 PM

Maybe we need that agreement page where you have to swear to whatever god you believe in that you are over 18 & provide a credit card number because they know you're lying anyway.

I swear to Pan: The Goat God, that I am 18 years old. :D:

Hope some people got 'The Critic' reference.

FarWestChicago
07-19-2002, 11:08 PM
Does this mean that I'm the official WSI librarian? No, that would be Cheryl. :D:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-19-2002, 11:09 PM

I swear to Pan: The Goat God, that I am 18 years old. :D:

That's fine, but where's your credit card number?!?

HUH!?!?!?!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-19-2002, 11:10 PM
No, that would be Cheryl. :D:

Ok, can I be the schmuck that wheels the cart around & replaces the books?

Daver
07-19-2002, 11:13 PM

Ok, can I be the schmuck that wheels the cart around & replaces the books?

No,thats MY job.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-19-2002, 11:14 PM

No,thats MY job.

OK FINE DON'T HIRE ME!!!

I'll be the homeless guy outside begging for change to support my crack habit.

FarWestChicago
07-19-2002, 11:21 PM

OK FINE DON'T HIRE ME!!!

I'll be the homeless guy outside begging for change to support my crack habit. :woo-woo

Hey, that's my job!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-19-2002, 11:22 PM
:woo-woo

Hey, that's my job!!

MINE NOW!! THIS IS MY TURF!! You just go back to selling newspapers at the highway interchange!

GASHWOUND
07-19-2002, 11:23 PM

The Sox.

I'm not following the Twins anymore.

Hell, everyone here owes you an apology. You were on the Twinkies bandwagon since day one and said they would win the division. So I bow down to the Great prognosticator(That's you)

So, how do you think the Bears will do?

Jerry_Manuel
07-19-2002, 11:25 PM

I did not get the reference. It stinks. :D:

Jerry_Manuel
07-19-2002, 11:27 PM
Hell, everyone here owes you an apology. You were on the Twinkies bandwagon since day one and said they would win the division. So I bow down to the Great prognosticator(That's you)

So, how do you think the Bears will do?

I'm wrong 95% of the time anyway. Plus with the strike or whatever happens, Minnesota really isn't the division champs.

As for the Bears, doesn't look good. They had a lot of things go their way last year (see 2000 Sox). I'm not sure they'll get those bounces and such again (see 2000 playoffs and 2001 season).

RedPinStripes
07-19-2002, 11:28 PM

I don't know what the **** you're talking about. :smile:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-19-2002, 11:29 PM

I'm wrong 95% of the time anyway. Plus with the strike or whatever happens, Minnesota really isn't the division champs.

As for the Bears, doesn't look good. They had a lot of things go their way last year (see 2000 Sox). I'm not sure they'll get those bounces and such again (see 2000 playoffs and 2001 season).

BEARS!!! DA BEARS!!!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BEARS!!!

Seriously, I think they'll do something like 10 & 6. I say that because they have 16 road games tbhis year.

GASHWOUND
07-19-2002, 11:33 PM

I was in the PL and whn I came back there were over 50 posts here. I'm like "What the hell?" I thought people were upset at PHG's PTC of Ray Ray or something

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 11:34 PM

I did not get the reference. It stinks. :D:

Well I don't know if you get it or not but I'll explain it anyway.

Jay's boss Duke is dieing of some mysteriuos disease and Jay suggest he find God, to which Duke responds

Duke Phillips: Well, like most of America's cultural elite, I worship Pan, goat god.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-19-2002, 11:37 PM

I was in the PL and whn I came back there were over 50 posts here. I'm like "What the hell?" I thought people were upset at PHG's PTC of Ray Ray or something

Hey, Ray's dinger was a "garbage time" hit. I'm not sure what that means. Ask Brian.

However, I'm pretty sure it wasn't "clutch".

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-19-2002, 11:40 PM

Hey, Ray's dinger was a "garbage time" hit. I'm not sure what that means. Ask Brian.

Would you care for me to define "garbage time" as well?

Jerry_Manuel
07-19-2002, 11:41 PM

If Mr. Veteran Presence has a good game next time out, is that a clutch performance? :D:

Daver
07-19-2002, 11:43 PM

Would you care for me to define "garbage time" as well?

Yeah it is the time West and I spend editing your posts,which will not be the case in the future,we have another method of dealing with it.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-19-2002, 11:44 PM

Yeah it is the time West and I spend editing your posts,which will not be the case in the future,we have another method of dealing with it.

my posts in particular?

Daver
07-19-2002, 11:46 PM

my posts in particular?

Yours and the rest of those that feel the need to by pass the language filters.

Soxheads
07-20-2002, 01:25 AM

You can thank me for that. :smile:

Unlike the Sox, who don't have a spark plug to get them going, I seem to have become one in this thread. :cool:

danman31
07-20-2002, 01:30 AM
I was in the PL and whn I came back there were over 50 posts here. I'm like "What the hell?" I thought people were upset at PHG's PTC of Ray Ray or something Haha, same here. I never read these threads after the 1st post unless I myself argue, but it's not worth it anymore.