PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Bell promoted

#1swisher
01-23-2012, 02:47 PM
Buddy Bell was promoted to vice president player development and special assignments.

Nick Capra named director of player development.
Kirk Champion was moved to the role of minor-league field coordinator.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/post/_/id/8433/white-sox-promote-buddy-bell-2-others?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

LITTLE NELL
01-23-2012, 03:02 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/2012/01/white-sox-promote-buddy-bell.html

Was it for the great job he did with our Minor League system?

ZombieRob
01-23-2012, 03:29 PM

Wahahaha Only our Sox

delben91
01-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Wahahaha Only our Sox

Yes, clearly the White Sox are the worst franchise in all of Major League Baseball.

DirtySox
01-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Yes, clearly the White Sox are the worst franchise in all of Major League Baseball.

He didn't say that at all.

kittle42
01-23-2012, 03:50 PM

Hyperbole is no way to argue. He didn't say that.

WhiteSox5187
01-23-2012, 04:26 PM
I wonder if the White Sox are run like that Seinfeld episode where Elaine doesn't have the heart to fire someone so she winds up promoting them instead.

Hitmen77
01-23-2012, 04:31 PM
hyperbole is no way to argue. He didn't say that.

+1

Lip Man 1
01-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Delben:

Well many sites (as Dirty Sox has often pointed out) DO rank the Sox minor league system as the worst in baseball. So while obviously that wasn't the intent from Zombie, in a twisted way the statement appears to be true.

Lip

TaylorStSox
01-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Well, he's promoted from a job where nobody is really sure what he does to a job that nobody is really sure what he does.

ZombieRob
01-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Brian Bruney got an invite. Actually I was laughing at Nells comment which is true. The Sox do make some curious moves.

Daver
01-23-2012, 05:28 PM
Well, he's promoted from a job where nobody is really sure what he does to a job that nobody is really sure what he does.

Not that it matters, but I know what he does.

Brian26
01-23-2012, 07:16 PM

The minor league system was already in shambles when he was originally hired. It is hardly Bell's fault.

dickallen15
01-23-2012, 07:31 PM
The minor league system was already in shambles when he was originally hired. It is hardly Bell's fault.
If he has had anything to do with its current state, it hardly screams promotion.

I really doubt the White Sox organization would drop off at all if Buddy Bell decided to hit the road. He's all reputation with very little substance. He was a real good player, I'll give him that. His post-playing career reputation is very overhyped IMO. What has he ever accomplished since he quit playing?

Brian26
01-23-2012, 07:41 PM

If he has had anything to do with its current state, it hardly screams promotion.

I really doubt the White Sox organization would drop off at all if Buddy Bell decided to hit the road. He's all reputation with very little substance. He was a real good player, I'll give him that. His post-playing career reputation is very overhyped IMO. What has he ever accomplished since he quit playing?

Perhaps you have a reading comprehension problem; where is the glowing endorsement of Bell in my original reply?

My only comment is that the whining in this thread is a bit off-base since Bell inherited a problem in 2009 that's going to take years to correct.

Noneck
01-23-2012, 08:15 PM
My only comment is that the whining in this thread is a bit off-base since Bell inherited a problem in 2009 that's going to take years to correct.

Maybe not even then unless ownership changes their current philosophy by allotting more resources in draft picks and manpower to create a minor league system that actually can succeed.

asindc
01-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Maybe not even then unless ownership changes their current philosophy by allotting more resources in draft picks and manpower to create a minor league system that actually can succeed.

No more calls, folks, we have a winner!!

soxfanreggie
01-23-2012, 08:46 PM

I know there are a lot of things he does with player development across the Major and Minor League systems, but I'm not sure what both a VP and Director of Player Development do. I would think you would only have one, unless it's to give them more money or to be the top dog and we need more guys roving the country. I could care less if we have a Chief Operating Office of Player Development if it means we draft, acquire, and develop better talent.

As far as Bruney, it doesn't cost us much to give these guys a non-roster invite. If 1 in 100 pans out, it's still good for the team.

DirtySox
01-23-2012, 08:49 PM
I know there are a lot of things he does with player development across the Major and Minor League systems, but I'm not sure what both a VP and Director of Player Development do. I would think you would only have one, unless it's to give them more money or to be the top dog and we need more guys roving the country. I could care less if we have a Chief Operating Office of Player Development if it means we draft, acquire, and develop better talent.

As far as Bruney, it doesn't cost us much to give these guys a non-roster invite. If 1 in 100 pans out, it's still good for the team.

Bruney probably has a great shot at making the team in a mop-up/warm body role.

Tragg
01-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Bruney probably has a great shot at making the team in a mop-up/warm body role.
Lord help us.