PDA

View Full Version : The Ozzie Circus continues

LITTLE NELL
01-22-2012, 07:27 AM
The latest from "The Mouth That Roared''.
http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/7485436/miami-marlins-manager-ozzie-guillen-again-used-twitter-air-grievances

Vernam
01-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Oz, chitown hates u cause u no try win games care only bout urself yes stole $ team and fans last yr when allready miami

People no want make u look bad u do great job that urself now ur dead to us we wish we never herd of u and ur sycho kidds

Keep tell urself u no quit but true hurts and when u talk we all going ignore cause u dont know true if it bit u

LITTLE NELL
01-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Oz, chitown hates u cause u no try win games care only bout urself yes stole $ team and fans last yr when allready miami

People no want make u look bad u do great job that urself now ur dead to us we wish we never herd of u and ur sycho kidds

Keep tell urself u no quit but true hurts and when u talk we all going ignore cause u dont know true if it bit u

Very Good!! :rolling:

The Dude
01-22-2012, 10:45 AM

AWESOME!!:gulp:

Brian26
01-22-2012, 10:49 AM

Awesome.

Brian26
01-22-2012, 10:51 AM
I find it humorous that Padilla in the article notes that Guillen plans to keep his permanent residence in Chicago.

For the past eight years, all we've heard on any off day, All-Star Break, playoffs the Sox weren't in, off-season....is that Ozzie couldn't wait to get back home to Miami or Venezuela. There were some extended off-days when Guillen flew back to Miami for one day and then came back to Chicago to start a new series.

Now he's employed in Miami and can't wait to get back home to....Chicago. :scratch:

tstrike2000
01-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Maybe now someone would actually pee on his statue.

Noneck
01-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Now he's employed in Miami and can't wait to get back home to....Chicago. :scratch:

It states that he will keep his full time residence in Chicago, it doesnt state where his wife will have hers.

russ99
01-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Sad that so many have turned their back on what a man has done for this team both on and off the field over something this stupid.

Lip Man 1
01-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Ozzie deserves credit for helping to get a World Series, and deservedly so...he also deserves some blame for three losing seasons in the past five years no?

Lip

russ99
01-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Ozzie deserves credit for helping to get a World Series, and deservedly so...he also deserves some blame for three losing seasons in the past five years no?

Lip

And that blame was justly earned and expounded upon when he left. But at some point we have let it go and focus on our current team, not tearing down a team legend just to get some kind of satisfaction out of it.

I have to wonder if Ventura may get the same abuse, eventually.

Domeshot17
01-22-2012, 02:11 PM
And that blame was justly earned and expounded upon when he left. But at some point we have let it go and focus on our current team, not tearing down a team legend just to get some kind of satisfaction out of it.

Ozzie is a a complete idiot who brought everything on himself with his stupid mouth and his stupid kids. Ozzie is disliked because he cares more about the name on the back of the Jersey than the front.

Ventura won't get the same treatment, even if he doesn't win, because he has something Ozzie never had, class.

spawn
01-22-2012, 02:23 PM

Nice! :rolling: :gulp:

GoSox2K3
01-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Sad that so many have turned their back on what a man has done for this team both on and off the field over something this stupid.

Yes, it's so sad that Sox fans are forcing Ozzie to make these idiotic comments.

:rolleyes: Oh GMAB. Reacting to Ozzie's comments isn't "tearing down a legend to get some kind of satisfaction out of it" and it's not "abusing" him.

GoGoCrede
01-22-2012, 04:02 PM

You're acting like Ozzie is an innocent lamb who never said a thing against the team after he left. Yeah, poor Ozzie.

WLL1855
01-22-2012, 05:10 PM

I can't speak for others, but I'll be happy to shut up about it when he does.

Hell will freeze over first.

veeter
01-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Ozzie is a a complete idiot who brought everything on himself with his stupid mouth and his stupid kids. Ozzie is disliked because he cares more about the name on the back of the Jersey than the front.

Ventura won't get the same treatment, even if he doesn't win, because he has something Ozzie never had, class.I agree 100%.

Lamp81
01-22-2012, 10:49 PM
It states that he will keep his full time residence in Chicago, it doesnt state where his wife will have hers.

With the tax differences between Illinois and Florida, it would actually be pretty stupid for him to remain an Illinois resident.

I can see him keeping the Chicago house because:

1-Bad real estate market
2-Maybe his kids will remain in Chicago. I'm not sure of their employment situations, but they may have jobs that would require them to remain in Chicago. If they have girlfriends, young men usually follow the pretty women in where they want to live.

SoxandtheCityTee
01-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Each of us will have to decide for ourselves when we're tired of it enough to ignore it. Ozzie never will be. Those narcissistic kids of his didn't fall far from the tree, y'know. This is his personality and it will never change -- but maybe once the season starts he will be distracted enough by Miami goings-on and give Chicago a rest. One can only hope.

Dan H
01-23-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm past the point of wanting to ignore Ozzie. I don't want to comment on him or anything he says. He's gone and the White Sox have much bigger problems than hashing out ancient history with Guillen.

34 Inch Stick
01-23-2012, 05:17 PM

Legend? The only legend is the one the Sox helped to perpetrate that he was some universally beloved figure in either of his stints in the organization.

He helped the Sox to win a world series. I am thankful to all who brought that about. He has done plenty to detract from the organization as well.