PDA

View Full Version : More weird answers from Gammons

Jerry_Manuel
07-19-2002, 05:14 PM
From the same man who thinks the Sox are marketed well comes:

Q: What is wrong with the Chicago White Sox? When they get their young pitchers to pitch well, they don't hit, and when they are hitting, they can't even pitch. Also, what are the chances that Joe Crede and Joe Borchard could be on the field in September? -- Brian McCallum, Beverly Hills, Mich.

PWG: The ChiSox are a major mystery, which goes beyond mediocre defense and erratic pitching. They need some overhaul, and whether that involves the manager and/or Frank Thomas, time will determine. Borchard may need another year, but he's a big-time talent and fine character guy. Crede can hit, and he'll have to work on his defense.

Daver
07-19-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
From the same man who thinks the Sox are marketed well comes:

:boston

And my face is on the nickel!

RadioHead PH
07-19-2002, 05:30 PM
Uh, is is just me or isn't the reason Crede got all this hype was because of his glove? Isn't he in the minor leagues because we are unsure of his hitting ability? Either I had the wrong impression or Gammons is another ESPN moron.

Daver
07-19-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by RadioHead PH
Either I had the wrong impression or Gammons is another ESPN moron.

Bingo!!!

Don Pardot tell him what he's won!

:)

Chisox_cali
07-19-2002, 05:32 PM
I'm sure he's also said that Crede can play some serious D, but will have to work on his hitting.

Of course that's what KW said as well

:KW
"Shorten that stroke yet Joe? You gotta be 'championship ready' before you get called up"