PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Convention

CLUBHOUSE KID
01-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Last night I had to work Cubs Convention for my job.

Regardless of if you like the team or not, SoxFest is ran much better and offers way more. I looked at what was going on last night. You can do more in one day at SoxFest than all three days at Cubs Convention. On top of that, Friday is the best day of the three. I am not sure what the prices are to attend (because I just get to go in for work) but SoxFest is worth it over Cubs Convention.

Brian26
01-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Last night I had to work Cubs Convention for my job.

Regardless of if you like the team or not, SoxFest is ran much better and offers way more. I looked at what was going on last night. You can do more in one day at SoxFest than all three days at Cubs Convention. On top of that, Friday is the best day of the three. I am not sure what the prices are to attend (because I just get to go in for work) but SoxFest is worth it over Cubs Convention.

Soxfest is run better than most of the other MLB team conventions from what I've read on different forums. Many teams have random-draw autograph lotteries or switch out players at the signing table randomly while fans are in line. The interactive seminars, which are the best part of Soxfest, are also fairly exclusive to the Sox.

Nelfox02
01-15-2012, 10:20 PM
Soxfest is run better than most of the other MLB team conventions from what I've read on different forums. Many teams have random-draw autograph lotteries or switch out players at the signing table randomly while fans are in line. The interactive seminars, which are the best part of Soxfest, are also fairly exclusive to the Sox.

agree-----I ve attended Cardinals winter warm up, Cub Convention, and Sox Fest, even with all the issues that have come up with the move to palmer house sox fest is by far the best.

I ve heard a lot of negative things about other teams fan events

CLUBHOUSE KID
01-15-2012, 11:11 PM

Agreed. Those are the best. I was inside when the new FO for the Cubs had a seminar but you couldn't ask them anything on the mic on the middle.

Also, SoxFest seems to have more space.

I am glad Cubs Convention is over. Cannot wait to work SoxFest.

34 Inch Stick
01-16-2012, 11:04 AM
nerdfest either way

tebman
01-16-2012, 11:16 AM
nerdfest either way

http://images.zaazu.com/img/geek02-geek-nerds-eyeglass-smiley-emoticon-000201-large.gif

Guilty as charged.

AnkleSox
01-16-2012, 11:22 AM

It would be nice if they could run the team as well as they run their festivals.