PDA

View Full Version : Parque wins?

Tavarin
07-19-2002, 08:35 AM
Jim Parque and Bill Simas combined on a five-hit shutout as the Charlotte Knights defeated the Buffalo Bisons, 2-0. Parque (6-8), who entered the game with the worst ERA (7.78) in the minors, scattered four hits and a pair of walks with five strikeouts over seven innings for the win. Simas finished off the blanking by tossing two frames of one-hit ball for his second save. Willie Harris singled home a run in the third and D'Angelo Jimenez delivered a sacrifice fly in the fifth to cap the scoring for Charlotte, which earned a split of the four-game series. Billy Traber (1-1), who won his seventh straight decision by tossing eight scoreless innings in his Class AAA debut against Syracuse on July 13, allowed two runs on five hits over six innings to take the tough-luck loss and have his personal win streak snapped at nine. Greg LaRocca doubled for Buffalo, which has lost three straight after winning nine in a row.

Wow, I never thought that would happen again.

duke of dorwood
07-19-2002, 08:42 AM
Worst ERA in the minors? And we have the pitcher with the most losses in the Majors.

:hawk

I luv our pitching depth

DrWatson27
07-19-2002, 08:53 AM
Hey maybe we should bring back Butter and send Toad to the minors!

Paulwny
07-19-2002, 11:05 AM
For what it's worth, from the Buffalo Snews:

No Buffalo player had more than one hit as Parque and Simas controlled a thinner-than-normal lineup. Sitting out were the Herd's two leading home run hitters, Earl Snyder and Karim Garcia, and hot-hitting catcher Josh Bard, who is on an 11-game hitting streak

delben91
07-19-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
For what it's worth, from the Buffalo Snews:

No Buffalo player had more than one hit as Parque and Simas controlled a thinner-than-normal lineup. Sitting out were the Herd's two leading home run hitters, Earl Snyder and Karim Garcia, and hot-hitting catcher Josh Bard, who is on an 11-game hitting streak

:butter
"Yeah, but when that bat boy came up, I got him on a fly ball to the track...take that Buehrle!"

guillen4life13
07-19-2002, 12:17 PM
how has billy simas been doing down there? it would be nice to see him pitch for us again at some point.

Paulwny
07-19-2002, 12:19 PM
Parque, Very strange stats, against a Buffalo team which is supposed to have good hitting he's 2-0 with an era of 0.69. Against the rest of the league he's 4-8 with an era of 8.28.

HawkDJ
07-19-2002, 12:27 PM
I tell ya, Bill Simas is doing great down there. Looks like a good move to take the risk on him.

He is 1-1 with a 2.49 ERA so far in 25 innings. He has 12 strikeouts and just 3 walks.

pudge
07-19-2002, 02:50 PM
How weird, I was just thinking about Simas yesterday and now nice it'd be to have him back in top form.

delben91
07-19-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by pudge
How weird, I was just thinking about Simas yesterday and now nice it'd be to have him back in top form.

Ok, let's try something pudge...start thinking about how nice it would be to go on a 20 game winning streak, win the division, and the world series.

That, or start even bigger, think about how nice it would be for todd ritchie to get a win via an actual quality start.

Let's see how far your powers extend.