yazz32
01-05-2012, 03:34 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=cws

Interesting...

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-05-2012, 03:37 PM

Interesting...

I like those knit bomber hats....that's about it.

siugrad25
01-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Well if anything, there are at least two dates that I would bring my boys to the come to the ballpark (backpack and Southpaw pal).

hi im skot
01-05-2012, 04:07 PM
They're still doing those lame beer vendor bobbleheads? That was a dumb promotion three years ago, yet they keep chugging along with it.

GoGoCrede
01-05-2012, 04:08 PM
I want the bomber hat and Robin Ventura bobblehead.

ChiSoxFann
01-05-2012, 04:33 PM
They're still doing those lame beer vendor bobbleheads? That was a dumb promotion three years ago, yet they keep chugging along with it.

I know, if they're going to spend money on bobblehead dolls it should at least be a player. Plus it's the same beer vendor doll each season with a different paint job.

soltrain21
01-05-2012, 04:35 PM
What an inspiring list of promotional days.

C-Dawg
01-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Obviously the list isn't complete yet; there's no Mullet Night yet.

On a serious note, I hope the Sox calendar days fall on the weekend this year. For some reason in 2011 they were during the week and I missed out getting one until I was able to get one from the Promotions office.

HomeFish
01-05-2012, 06:14 PM
I don't understand why they would schedule promotions during the Red Sox series. Those games will sell out anyway, and White Sox fans who are interested in those promotions will have to deal with US Cellular being full of noisy, arrogant Red Sox fans.

ChiSoxGirl
01-05-2012, 08:27 PM
I think it's awesome that they brought back Ladies Night! Sure glad it's on a Thursday. I LOVE the Ventura bobblehead promotion and will definitely be at the ballpark that day.

ChicagoG19
01-05-2012, 08:41 PM
And they got rid of Polish Heritage night. Haters.

beasly213
01-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Did anyone else see the kids 1972 XL jersey giveaway?

Does that mean the Sox will be wearing those jerseys that day too?? If so that's awesome.
Also a lot of these promotions are geared towards kids which is nice. When I was a kid I got really excited when there were promotions specifically for me. I'm also a fan of all the grand slam group nights. I can then get tickets at a pretty sweet discount!

beasly213
01-05-2012, 09:49 PM
I think it's awesome that they brought back Ladies Night! Sure glad it's on a Thursday. I LOVE the Ventura bobblehead promotion and will definitely be at the ballpark that day.

Weren't they usually on Wednesdays before?

ChiSoxGirl
01-05-2012, 09:54 PM

I don't remember; it's been several years since the Sox had that promotion. Nevertheless, even if it was, that was before I had a full-time job and could feasibly get down to the ballpark on a weeknight.

DumpJerry
01-05-2012, 09:56 PM
I don't understand why they would schedule promotions during the Red Sox series. Those games will sell out anyway, and White Sox fans who are interested in those promotions will have to deal with US Cellular being full of noisy, arrogant Red Sox fans.
1. Those are April games. Won't be a full house.
2. Those are April games, the kiddies are still in school in Boston. Won't be full of Red Sox fans.
3. The official Chicago Road trip game this year from Boston is for the series at The Urinal.
4. These are not promotional games where there is a giveaway, one if Ladies Night, the other two are Fireworks Nights (as are most Friday and Saturday nights).
5. Maybe, just maybe, the corporate sponsors want to maximize their exposure given the bucks they are laying out for getting their name on the promotion.

soxfanreggie
01-06-2012, 01:09 AM
I know, if they're going to spend money on bobblehead dolls it should at least be a player. Plus it's the same beer vendor doll each season with a different paint job.

Is that the Sox deciding this one or Miller? I'm guessing with the Ventura one that they bid out a sponsor, but I would venture Miller is behind the beer vendor as to not put a player on a bobble head sponsored by a beer company. Just a thought, no guarantee I'm right.

October26
01-06-2012, 07:15 AM
I want the bomber hat and Robin Ventura bobblehead.

Yes & Yes!

Nice to see the promotions schedule come out as this means we are inching closer to the start of the Sox season. Time to start marking my calendar for these special Sox dates. For personal reasons, it is difficult for me to attend games but I am going to do my best to get to some Sox games in 2012.

I agree with both of you that the Sox bomber hat and Robin Ventura bobblehead promotions are both awesome. Hopefully, I'll get to see both of you there! I'm also excited about the June 9th Father-Daughter game. I hope to take my dad to that game as well as the game, *fingers crossed*, whenever the Sox honor Dick Allen.

DumpJerry
01-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Is that the Sox deciding this one or Miller? I'm guessing with the Ventura one that they bid out a sponsor, but I would venture Miller is behind the beer vendor as to not put a player on a bobble head sponsored by a beer company. Just a thought, no guarantee I'm right.
Correct. Bobbleheads are paid for by the corporate sponsors.

Jerko
01-06-2012, 10:19 AM

HEY, my beer girl is the one it's being modeled after this year. Next year they can stop.

TomBradley72
01-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Overall pretty boring and stale- doesn't really seem like they try very hard in this area anymore- on pet peeve I have is the "1st 10,000 fans", etc.- when the Brewers have a promotion- it's almost always for all fans attending the game or a much higher number-

bestkosher
01-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Maybe its me but I like the kids chest protector back packs. I think that is creative.

eriqjaffe
01-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Obviously the list isn't complete yet; there's no Mullet Night yet.God, I hope they get rid of Mullet Night. It's so damn embarrassing.

AzureJazzMan
01-06-2012, 03:57 PM
(sigh) Damn....No "Rat Pack Night" this year

DonnieDarko
01-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Ventura Bobblehead?

Okay, now I know which game I'm going to for sure.

BainesHOF
01-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Overall pretty boring and stale- doesn't really seem like they try very hard in this area anymore.

Yep.

I don't get it, either. The organization should be going all out to come up with new promotions this season.

DumpJerry
01-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Yep.

I don't get it, either. The organization should be going all out to come up with new promotions this season.
Ok, I don't recall if you're guilty of this, so this response is not directed to you. I'm using your post to point out a contradiction in what many posters say here.

Most posters say "field a good team and I will come to the games." However, there are always numerous posts that say what this post says. I don't keep track of who says what, so I don't know if there are any posters who in one thread want a good team on the field to get them to the park and then turn around and complain that there are no promotions where you get Swedish Massage between innings for free that keeps them away.

So people, what is it that is keep you away: pessimism about the team or the lack of "interesting" promotions?

BainesHOF
01-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Ok, I don't recall if you're guilty of this, so this response is not directed to you. I'm using your post to point out a contradiction in what many posters say here.

Most posters say "field a good team and I will come to the games." However, there are always numerous posts that say what this post says. I don't keep track of who says what, so I don't know if there are any posters who in one thread want a good team on the field to get them to the park and then turn around and complain that there are no promotions where you get Swedish Massage between innings for free that keeps them away.

So people, what is it that is keep you away: pessimism about the team or the lack of "interesting" promotions?

The team sucks so the marketing department should take the year off?

DumpJerry
01-06-2012, 09:30 PM
The team sucks so the marketing department should take the year off?
No. Every year posters say "field a good team and I'll be there." Then posters say "give me a nice promotion and I'll be there." Which is it that brings people out?

hi im skot
01-06-2012, 09:34 PM
No. Every year posters say "field a good team and I'll be there." Then posters say "give me a nice promotion and I'll be there." Which is it that brings people out?

When the team sucks there's gotta be something to bring fans out, especially the casual ones.

DumpJerry
01-06-2012, 10:13 PM
When the team sucks there's gotta be something to bring fans out, especially the casual ones.
You know what? I'm willing to bet the casual fan goes to a game to see baseball and take in the atmosphere. Experiencing a White Sox win is probably secondary to the fan. If winning White Sox baseball was important to the casual fan, s/he would not be a casual fan.

I go to non-White Sox games as a casual fan. It's much nicer than going to a Sox game because I'm not living and dying on each pitch.

Also, I'm not sure how much promotions play into the casual fan's decision to come to a game. Most promotions, even the ones some posters are envious of at other parks, are at a value which is less then the price of the ticket(s). Since most promotions are giveaways, it's hard to justify spending $35 on ticket so you can get a $10 hat.

HomeFish
01-06-2012, 11:19 PM
God, I hope they get rid of Mullet Night. It's so damn embarrassing.

Because of mullet night, I got to walk around US Cellular Field. I'll never bad-mouth this promotion.

chisoxfanatic
01-07-2012, 02:43 AM
Thursday nights. And it used to be every Thursday night home game instead of just one in a season. $1 tickets for every lady.
I don't remember; it's been several years since the Sox had that promotion. Nevertheless, even if it was, that was before I had a full-time job and could feasibly get down to the ballpark on a weeknight.
They had one just last year. It was in mid-September, and we got to see Verlander on a Tuesday night. I went to the game using a free voucher in the 500 level. But, someone got us passes in the Stadium Club, which allowed us 100 level access. So, I got a free massage in the outfield concourse. They also had free manicures, but I don't do those, so I took the time to check out the Frank Thomas statue instead.

doublem23
01-07-2012, 03:51 AM

Why do they have to be mutually exclusive?

C-Dawg
01-07-2012, 09:07 AM

I know when I was a kid, promotions had a lot to do with it. My brother and I were the fans; our parents not so much, but they'd take us once or twice per season. We only went when it was Bat Day, or Perfect Attendance day, or some such. And except for a couple months in 1977, the team pretty much sucked all the time.

WhiteSoxJunkie
01-16-2012, 08:53 PM
A promotional day they definitely should have is free parking night. If I had nothing to do, I would consider going to a game knowing I didn't have to shell out $23 for parking.

gregoriop
01-17-2012, 08:04 AM
A promotional day they definitely should have is free parking night. If I had nothing to do, I would consider going to a game knowing I didn't have to shell out $23 for parking.

Do the Sox even have any real control over parking? I thought that money went to the city. I guess they could pay the city off for a night of parking. I remember sometime in the mid-90's they had $5/carload promo. That included admission.

doublem23
01-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Do the Sox even have any real control over parking? I thought that money went to the city. I guess they could pay the city off for a night of parking. I remember sometime in the mid-90's they had $5/carload promo. That included admission.

No they own the lots and set the prices

34 Inch Stick
01-17-2012, 04:30 PM

You don't. There is plenty of free parking within walking distance. It isn't hidden or dangerous and there are plenty who take advantage of it. I cannot remember the last time I paid for parking.

Harry Potter
01-17-2012, 04:45 PM
No they own the lots and set the prices

I wonder if we can expect to see $25 parking this year due to the $2 tax that took effect on January 1st.

yazz32
01-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Looks like it was just updated.

Sat June 2nd - Carlton Fisk Replica Statue

SephClone89
02-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Updated again:

July 7th, against Toronto is now an Alexei Ramirez bobblehead day.

:bandance:

Would it be too much to ask for this?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__t6oFjHvLm0/TASspGo-w3I/AAAAAAAAHFw/Op_r6VDUMyU/s1600/AlexeiRamirezGrandSlam.jpg

ChiSoxGirl
02-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Updated again:

July 7th, against Toronto is now an Alexei Ramirez bobblehead day.

:bandance:

Would it be too much to ask for this?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__t6oFjHvLm0/TASspGo-w3I/AAAAAAAAHFw/Op_r6VDUMyU/s1600/AlexeiRamirezGrandSlam.jpg

That would be cool as hell! :cool:

rockinrobin23
02-22-2012, 12:15 PM
iam hoping to fly home to go to the game with the Ventura bobblehead. if i cant iam going to the Sox vs seattle game...They r giving away ichiro bobblehead anyone want to trade...hahahah..