PDA

View Full Version : Another Back Surgery For Jenks

Lip Man 1
01-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Done in past few days in Phoenix. Won't be ready until March:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7427532/report-boston-red-sox-bobby-jenks-second-procedure

Lip

gobears1987
01-05-2012, 12:08 PM
shocking

asindc
01-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Yet another stellar free agent signing by Theo the Great.

Fenway
01-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Yet another stellar free agent signing by Theo the Great.

A lot of people were sad when Francona got bounced - Theo it appears most fans wanted to drive him to the airport.

SI1020
01-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Yet another stellar free agent signing by Theo the Great. Theo could spend his way out of his mistakes. Kenny apparently has to eat his.

asindc
01-05-2012, 01:28 PM
Theo could spend his way out of his mistakes. Kenny apparently has to eat his.

Small consolation to Boston fans who sat at home watching other teams in the playoffs like we did. With all that money to spend, Theo should have chosen better players than he did.

Fenway
01-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Small consolation to Boston fans who sat at home watching other teams in the playoffs like we did. With all that money to spend, Theo should have chosen better players than he did.

Boston is actually acting like a small market team this year. With the bad contracts they are sitting at $175M and with the tax at $178M they look like they will not go over it.

Charrington has whined a little bit saying it would be nice if Selig would tell us are we playing with 1 wild card or 2 in 2012. It is a fair question given now that the AL West on paper is stronger then the East.

soxfanatlanta
01-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Boston is actually acting like a small market team this year. With the bad contracts they are sitting at $175M and with the tax at $178M they look like they will not go over it.

Acting? Slice and dice it anyway you want; $175 million is not the makings of a small market team.

Nope.

Fenway
01-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Acting? Slice and dice it anyway you want; $175 million is not the makings of a small market team.

Nope.

No...but they are living with the bad contracts and they are not spending for 2012.

They are waiting to see what Ellsbury and Boras are demanding in arbitration.

I don't expect Boston to make the playoffs in 2012.

pythons007
01-05-2012, 02:42 PM

Charrington has whined a little bit saying it would be nice if Selig would tell us are we playing with 1 wild card or 2 in 2012. It is a fair question given now that the AL West on paper is stronger then the East.

Oh my god, you seriously didn't just say that. Did you? Come back to me when Boston's payroll is worth as much as one of the top Yankee players! Give me a ****ing break, that was just a brutal thing to say. 6 players are making over 10 million per year. Don't give me any **** that this is a small market team. Wow!:puking::puking::puking::puking::puking::pukin g::puking:

No...but they are living with the bad contracts and they are not spending for 2012.

They are waiting to see what Ellsbury and Boras are demanding in arbitration.

I don't expect Boston to make the playoffs in 2012.

How is that a fair question? Who cares what the AL West division looks like. I don't think I've ever heard a team say that they were playing for the wildcard before the season started!

Fenway
01-05-2012, 03:04 PM
Oh my god, you seriously didn't just say that. Did you? Come back to me when Boston's payroll is worth as much as one of the top Yankee players! Give me a ****ing break, that was just a brutal thing to say. 6 players are making over 10 million per year. Don't give me any **** that this is a small market team. Wow!:puking::puking::puking::puking::puking::pukin g::puking:

How is that a fair question? Who cares what the AL West division looks like. I don't think I've ever heard a team say that they were playing for the wildcard before the season started!

Of course it is a fair question.... with one wild card you get to play in the ALDS - with 2 all you you get is a play in game.

This off season Boston is acting like a small market team - they let Papelbon walk and then got Bailey for 9 million less.

The Red Sox believe it or not do work on a budget... payroll is equal to ticket revenue ( they do not use the TV money for payroll )

Foulke You
01-05-2012, 04:35 PM
For all the criticism KW gets around these parts, he deserves some kudos for identifying that Jenks was on the decline and non tendering him a contract after his very average 2010 season.

Foulke You
01-05-2012, 04:41 PM

I think what Fenway was saying is that the Red Sox have a small market "approach" to this offseason and not that they are a small market payroll team. After adding only Melancon and Bailey to closer for them with big ticket closers like Cordero and Madsen out there, I'd have to agree with him. They also haven't really added any position player of note. The Crawford and Gonzalez contracts likely maxed them out last year.

Fenway
01-05-2012, 05:03 PM
I think what Fenway was saying is that the Red Sox have a small market "approach" to this offseason and not that they are a small market payroll team. After adding only Melancon and Bailey to closer for them with big ticket closers like Cordero and Madsen out there, I'd have to agree with him. They also haven't really added any position player of note. The Crawford and Gonzalez contracts likely maxed them out last year.

:tiphat:

In September offense was not the reason for the collapse - they scored the 3rd most runs of any team - but starting pitching and relief croaked them.

For 4 months in 2011 they were the best team in baseball but April and September doomed them. How this team will react to Bobby Valentine is a mystery - but we do know that Josh Beckett has refused to talk to Valentine as he is still bitter about comments BV made on ESPN.

October26
01-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Done in past few days in Phoenix. Won't be ready until March:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7427532/report-boston-red-sox-bobby-jenks-second-procedure

Lip

Back surgery is no joke and Bobby is still a young man with a full life to live beyond baseball. Here's wishing Bobby Jenks a speedy recovery.

pythons007
01-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Back surgery is no joke and Bobby is still a young man with a full life to live beyond baseball. Here's wishing Bobby Jenks a speedy recovery.

If he could only get into that 240ish range!

slavko
01-08-2012, 07:48 PM
For all the criticism KW gets around these parts, he deserves some kudos for identifying that Jenks was on the decline and non tendering him a contract after his very average 2010 season.

Very few of us were upset we let him go. So Kenny is as smart as us. That's a good thing!

Kudos indeed, but it's not like he had a unique insight. We all saw it.

I actually think an excess of money to spend makes a GM dumber.

soltrain21
01-08-2012, 08:57 PM

Well, it wasn't that hard to see.

gobears1987
01-09-2012, 02:30 AM
Very few of us were upset we let him go. So Kenny is as smart as us. That's a good thing!

Kudos indeed, but it's not like he had a unique insight. We all saw it.

I actually think an excess of money to spend makes a GM dumber.

I think it's safe to say we all wanted him gone after that fiasco in Minnesota.

asindc
01-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Well, it wasn't that hard to see.

Apparently not for Theo Epstein.