PDA

View Full Version : béisbol dominicano (winter league baseball)

October26
12-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Winter League Baseball in full swing and TVDOM (Dominican Republic) has been featuring games from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. The announcers do the commentary in Spanish, however, to me the language of baseball is universal.

This past week, I saw Pablo Ozuna and Alejandro De Aza playing in two different games. The games are shown in the evenings. I have Comcast here in Chicago and it is showing on Channel 644. My dad has the Dish and it is on Channel 434.

Has anyone else been watching any of these games?

HomeFish
12-29-2011, 08:06 PM
I have Comcast in Virginia. I need to look to see if I get this.

WhiteSox5187
12-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Winter League Baseball in full swing and TVDOM (Dominican Republic) has been featuring games from Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. The announcers do the commentary in Spanish, however, to me the language of baseball is universal.

This past week, I saw Pablo Ozuna and Alejandro De Aza playing in two different games. The games are shown in the evenings. I have Comcast here in Chicago and it is showing on Channel 644. My dad has the Dish and it is on Channel 434.

Has anyone else been watching any of these games?

This is really the sort of thing that MLB Network should cover. I know that they cover some of the Carribean World Series but I would like to see all of it. Sadly I don't get that channel.

October26
12-29-2011, 09:05 PM
This is really the sort of thing that MLB Network should cover. I know that they cover some of the Carribean World Series but I would like to see all of it. Sadly I don't get that channel.

I agree with you 100% and I also wish that Winter League baseball had more exposure. How unfortunate that you don't get this channel.

And thanks for mentioning the Caribbean World Series (Serie del Caribe), which I believe begins sometime in January 2012.

I miss White Sox baseball so much right about now, and this gives me "a little baseball fix."

October26
12-29-2011, 09:12 PM
I have Comcast in Virginia. I need to look to see if I get this.

I hope you get this channel but be forewarned that HDTV has not yet arrived in the Dominican Republic; the channel is fuzzy at times (think Channel 44-WSNS quality from back in the day) and there are lots of shadows.

October26
01-02-2012, 07:51 PM
With my dad, watching the winter league game on tv tonight.:D:

Alejandro De Aza is playing and leading off for his team, Licey.

They aslo showed a picture of Dayan Viciedo and mentioned that he would be appearing in games soon. My father and I are happy to hear this as we hope playing in the winter league games will help Dayan harness that wild swing.