PDA

View Full Version : Total White Sox

chet34lemon
12-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Five below has it for sale for $4. Picked up a few copies yesterday in Orland Park.

Brian26
12-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Five below has it for sale for $4. Picked up a few copies yesterday in Orland Park.

Coincidentally, I was just at the Five Below at the Brickyard for the first time about an hour ago. They had "Then Ozzie Said to Harold..." and "White Sox Essential" by Lew Freedman for four bucks a piece. Those are good deals. "Total White Sox", which is like an encyclopedia, is a great deal if they still have it.

Lip Man 1
12-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Rich Lindberg actually updated his original edition. I think his updated one came out in March so this may be it.

Lip

Brian26
12-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Rich Lindberg actually updated his original edition. I think his updated one came out in March so this may be it.

Lip

In fact, there may be two updates now. The original is from 1997ish and has the Sox jersey on the cover. The Update is from 2006 and has Podsednik on the spine. I think I saw an even newer version recently on Amazon.

BainesHOF
12-29-2011, 06:27 PM
I've seen Rich at recent Soxfests. He should sell his book there. I think he'd do well.

TDog
12-29-2011, 08:10 PM
I've seen Rich at recent Soxfests. He should sell his book there. I think he'd do well.

I'm sure he agrees with you.

chet34lemon
12-29-2011, 08:42 PM
FYI Buehrle is on the cover.

Lip Man 1
12-30-2011, 01:19 AM
Then he's updated it. I know he asked for permission to use some of the quotes from players that I interviewd for WSI. Of course I said yes he could.

Lip

RadioheadRocks
12-30-2011, 10:17 AM
In fact, there may be two updates now. The original is from 1997ish and has the Sox jersey on the cover. The Update is from 2006 and has Podsednik on the spine. I think I saw an even newer version recently on Amazon.

FYI Buehrle is on the cover.

The update also corrected a GLARING error in the 2006 version. In that edition they wrapped up the '05 World Series writeup by mentioning that Paul Konerko made the final Series out unassisted. The update correctly mentions the soft grounder over Jenks' head that was fielded by Uribe, who threw to Konerko, barely catching Orlando Palmeiro at first base for that historic final out.

TommyJohn
12-30-2011, 11:31 AM
The update also corrected a GLARING error in the 2006 version. In that edition they wrapped up the '05 World Series writeup by mentioning that Paul Konerko made the final Series out unassisted. The update correctly mentions the soft grounder over Jenks' head that was fielded by Uribe, who threw to Konerko, barely catching Orlando Palmeiro at first base for that historic final out.

They also updated it to include final scores of Cubs-Sox exhibitions (The Boys' Benefit Game and the Crosstown Classic) to go along with the City Series. I'd love to see a book solely devoted to those games. If I was a writer, I would do it myself.

Lip Man 1
12-30-2011, 12:26 PM
That stretch of the Crosstown Classic games from 1985 through 1995 were amazing...the Sox were 10-0-2 in them. (There were two games in 1995 if I remember correctly because of the labor situation)

Lip

nwisox
01-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Linberg released a new one that goes to 2010 last year (#56 over the top on the cover). This replaced the previous version that went to 2005 (Podzilla head first slide on the cover).

I own a few MLB franchise encylopedia type books from various authors and teams and this one is the best no doubt.