PDA

View Full Version : CLTV "Sports page"

steff
07-18-2002, 04:41 PM
Hey guys... question. Have any of you seen this show. Last night I was flipping the channels and I come across "Mike" a Sox fan, telling the host (no clue on his name) about all the Sox woes... Mike then hangs up and the host goes into a rant about how the team is embarrassing. And (near quote) "if Jerry says they are playing bad because HE is not leading them correctly and that they might have given up then I have this to say.. any player making that kind of money giving up with nearly a complete half season left should be fired. Get their lazy "asses" of the field.." I swear he said that. I have never seen the show before and I only saw the last maybe 90 seconds. It was on about 11pm. Anyone...? Maybe it was a replay?

Foulke You
07-18-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
Hey guys... question. Have any of you seen this show. Last night I was flipping the channels and I come across "Mike" a Sox fan, telling the host (no clue on his name) about all the Sox woes... Mike then hangs up and the host goes into a rant about how the team is embarrassing. And (near quote) "if Jerry says they are playing bad because HE is not leading them correctly and that they might have given up then I have this to say.. any player making that kind of money giving up with nearly a complete half season left should be fired. Get their lazy "asses" of the field.." I swear he said that. I have never seen the show before and I only saw the last maybe 90 seconds. It was on about 11pm. Anyone...? Maybe it was a replay?

Don't you know that C.L.T.V stand for Cub Lovers Television? You should stay far away from that Cubune owned network.

steff
07-18-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

Don't you know that C.L.T.V stand for Cub Lovers Television? You should stay far away from that Cubune owned network.

Thanks for your assistance in answering my question....

Foulke You
07-18-2002, 05:08 PM

Thanks for your assistance in answering my question....

Ok, here is some more detail. The Sports Page is a sports talk call in show on CLTV similar to the Score 670 only on TV instead of the radio. They used to have this boob Cub fan host the show (who was busted and fired for trying to have sex with an undercover cop posing as a 14 year old) and occasionally the Score's Mike North fills in too. Since then, I believe they have replaced him with former ESPN 1000 radio jockey Lou Canellis who happens to be a Sox fan raised in Oak Lawn. If there was someone ranting on that show, it probably was Lou. Still, you should heed my advice and stay away from CLTV. Even with a Sox guy hosting the show, there is way too much Cubbie propaganda on that network.

Jerry_Manuel
07-18-2002, 05:11 PM
And occasionally the Score's Mike North fills in too.

North has his own show on CLTV. Sunday nights at 9PM.

RedPinStripes
07-18-2002, 06:51 PM

Whover this guy was, he was good. Sounded just like a Sox fan. Really pissed off. I was impressed for being CLTV.

steff
07-19-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Whover this guy was, he was good. Sounded just like a Sox fan. Really pissed off. I was impressed for being CLTV.

Red... put down the remote and slowly step away from the TV... Don't you know you can't watch something Cub geared. OMG.. can you just imagine having a mind of your own and not falling into the Cub propaganda trap...?

No time to teal it... :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-19-2002, 09:42 AM

Red... put down the remote and slowly step away from the TV... Don't you know you can't watch something Cub geared. OMG.. can you just imagine having a mind of your own and not falling into the Cub propaganda trap...?

I got rid of cable and switched to a satellite dish last winter. I have to say, I've been pleased beyond my expectations.

However, the single-biggest happy surprise was how much less intrusive the WGN juggernaut is on the dish. We don't even get Cub Lovers TV! LMAO!

That's definitely addition by subtraction. Besides the lame programming, I don't need Cub-loving pediophiles beaming into my family room.

:gulp:

RedPinStripes
07-19-2002, 02:55 PM

I fell asleep during another Sox loss on CLTV , woke up and there was this guy screaming about how he was a Sox fan , how disgusted he was and ripping the whole organization. CLTV or not, that made me watch it. I'd feel like a real moron if he was a flub troll in disguise for the paycheck. :D: