PDA

View Full Version : I don't like the Cubs!

Rocky Soprano
12-27-2011, 05:03 PM
This little Sox fan gets a Cubs pillow as a present and she lets everyone know how she feels.
:tongue:

PVB9fuQOaP8

manders_01
12-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Just about to post this. I'd be crying too! Mean mom!!! :D:

EDIT: The comments on the YouTube page and the Yahoo article are "priceless". :rolleyes:

Rocky Soprano
12-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Just about to post this. I'd be crying too! Mean mom!!! :D:

EDIT: The comments on the YouTube page and the Yahoo article are "priceless". :rolleyes:

I don't bother to read the comments because its always full of gems.

I find it hilarious that the little boy who got the Cubs pillow was more excited that the bag was also his than the pillow.

manders_01
12-27-2011, 05:27 PM
I don't bother to read the comments because its always full of gems.

I find it hilarious that the little boy who got the Cubs pillow was more excited that the bag was also his than the pillow.

I had to look out of (morbid) curiosity cause I figured the girl and her mom were going to get lambasted.

I assumed he thought there was more in the bag. Otherwise, that's a little weird.

Rocky Soprano
12-27-2011, 05:33 PM
I assumed he thought there was more in the bag. Otherwise, that's a little weird.

Well he is a Cubs fan.

:redneck

manders_01
12-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Well he is a Cubs fan.

:redneck

LOL Good point!

Hitmen77
12-27-2011, 06:15 PM
:hawk
Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like a Southpaw Pillow Pet!

DumpJerry
12-27-2011, 10:02 PM
That girl is a future Rhodes Scholar, Secretary of State, scientist who finds the ultimate cure for cancer, the person who wipes out all hunger, war and disease in the world.

Her brother....well, he'll be doing life in the State Pen for holding up a bank because his friends told him it was "cool."

samurai_sox
12-27-2011, 11:35 PM
That girl has good taste.

sox230
12-27-2011, 11:55 PM
I honestly thought the video was kind of lame. Way too staged. I also don't like ****ing with your kids joy, even for a little while, during the holidays. That said, I'm 25, and no, I don't have a kid.

Brian26
12-28-2011, 08:54 AM
I honestly thought the video was kind of lame. Way too staged. I also don't like ****ing with your kids joy, even for a little while, during the holidays. That said, I'm 25, and no, I don't have a kid.

That's where I'm coming from, too. I saw the video last night, and the parents basically staged the entire scene to send to Jimmy Kimmel. That seems a bit cruel.

Also, the girl is probably four or five (not 7 to 10 as someone in the comments section on Yahoo said). I don't think she was acting "spoiled" or like a "brat". She actually held it together pretty nicely for awhile, but a child that young is not going to be able to process their feelings like an adult, especially when their parents are intentionally playing with their emotions and nagging them on..."What is it? What did you get? Show me! Hahaha we're going to send this to Jimmy Kimmel and be famous!"

QueerGirrl
12-28-2011, 10:11 AM
That girl is a future Rhodes Scholar, Secretary of State, scientist who finds the ultimate cure for cancer, the person who wipes out all hunger, war and disease in the world.

Her brother....well, he'll be doing life in the State Pen for holding up a bank because his friends told him it was "cool."

:thumbsup:

roylestillman
12-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Clip was just featured on MLB Network's Intentional Talk show.

#1swisher
12-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Southpaw

Anyone know the little girl in the White Sox/Pillow Pet video?

cub killer
12-28-2011, 06:34 PM

Her brother....well, he'll be doing life in the State Pen for holding up a bank because his friends told him it was "cool."Post of the week.

Southpaw

Anyone know the little girl in the White Sox/Pillow Pet video?
Someone's gonna be throwing out a 1st pitch this season.

#1swisher
12-28-2011, 06:39 PM
Post of the week.

Someone's gonna be throwing out a 1st pitch this season.

Best xmas ever!:cool:

SoxandtheCityTee
12-28-2011, 07:24 PM
This reminds me of the video a few years back of an overtired and cranky toddler who also wails, No, I hate the Cubs.

Hitmen77
12-29-2011, 05:09 PM

That's where I'm coming from, too. I saw the video last night, and the parents basically staged the entire scene to send to Jimmy Kimmel. That seems a bit cruel.

Also, the girl is probably four or five (not 7 to 10 as someone in the comments section on Yahoo said). I don't think she was acting "spoiled" or like a "brat". She actually held it together pretty nicely for awhile, but a child that young is not going to be able to process their feelings like an adult, especially when their parents are intentionally playing with their emotions and nagging them on..."What is it? What did you get? Show me! Hahaha we're going to send this to Jimmy Kimmel and be famous!"

You're not alone in not liking this kind of video:

http://moms.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/14/9441953-why-the-crying-kid-meme-is-just-mean

dickallen15
12-29-2011, 08:18 PM
I have forwarded this email to my sister. I believe this young lady would make a fine wife for my nephew. She's 6 years old and already has things figured out correctly.