PDA

View Full Version : What a damn choke!

Viva Magglio
07-18-2002, 04:15 PM
Its a good thing that I did not listen to today's game. I probably would have smashed the radio swearing.

I hope this was Jerry Manuel's last game. I agreed with letting Buehrle start the 9th, but the fact that we blew the game the way we did (by leaving 7 runners on base) should be enough to fire Manuel on the way to Baltimore.

I am going to be in Baltimore in this weekend, and there better be an interim manager in the visitor's dugout at Oriole Park Friday night. I've [bleeping] had it!

:firejerry
:firenardi
:fireKW (Where the hell is the "Fire Ken Williams" tag?)

rmusacch
07-18-2002, 04:18 PM
Yes, because it is really Jerry's fault that our guys cannot hit in clutch situations.

Jerry_Manuel
07-18-2002, 04:19 PM
Keep reaching for the stars, Viva!

Jerrys' safe, didn't you get the memo?

Viva Magglio
07-18-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Keep reaching for the stars, Viva!

Jerrys' safe, didn't you get the memo?

The fact that he is safe is only one sign of how f***** up our organization is!

Viva Magglio
07-18-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Yes, because it is really Jerry's fault that our guys cannot hit in clutch situations.

As a mater of fact, yes. We all know this team has quit on Manuel because of his weak leadership. Hence, the lack of clutch hitting is only symptomatic of that. And we all know you can't fire players. Jerry, Nardi, and KW should be fired yesterday!

duke of dorwood
07-18-2002, 04:23 PM
With all the guys left on third, you think he'd use a sqeeze? Something different? NAW-its easier to leave them on. It takes days of planning to do a squeeze play.

Jerry_Manuel
07-18-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

I'm well aware of that. You know he's not going to be fired, so need to get upset.

whitesoxwilkes
07-18-2002, 04:28 PM
Viva, I'll be in Crab City this weekend too..where are you staying and what games are you going to?

No-Neck
07-18-2002, 04:33 PM
Maggs, why stop with the manager? The entire coaching staff should also get the boot.

This team will lose 90+ games this year.

It's time to back up the truck.

The only players worth keeping are Buerhle, Maggs, Konerko and Garland (maybe). Maybe Graff.

Get rid of all the rest of them. Everyone one of them.

Pitchers: Todd Navarro, Wright, Glover, Foulke, W(orst)unsch, Big Tuna, Elvis, Marte, the whole bunch along with loser Nardi and the bullpen loser.

Send Alomar, Lofton, Jose and the Big Skirt to retirement.

Rowand, Liefer and Mark Johnson never had any business putting on a major league uniform in the first place.

And trade CLee, Durham, Clayton for free. Even pay for

This team is horrid and beyond any redemption.

And :firenardi

Then tie Kenny Williams and the Chairman onto the last rocket at the next fireworks night and promote the heck out of it. It would be a much better sight than anything else I've seen during my lifetime at Comiskey. :angry:

A strike can't come to soon

bc2k
07-18-2002, 04:56 PM
I have recently given up on this Sox season. But I was looking forward to todays game between two 12-game winners (Buehrle at 12-7 and Byrd at 12-6). I really wanted this victory to show KC that we have the better pitcher, hoping Buehrle would be 13-7 and Byrd 12-7 after today. So I sat down and watched this entire game.

Here are what angered bc2k in this game:
1. KC batters stepping out of the batters box while Buehrle is in the middle of his windup. Especially Beltran who did this on the first pitch of the ninth inning. He had that planned out before he stepped to the plate. Another KC player did that in todays game. Why the umpire grants time, I have no idea.
2. Second and third and nobody out in the fifth inning. How many runs did the Sox get? Zero!
3. Sox batters getting shut down and not running up Byrd's pitch count allowing him to go the distance in the game to one-up Buehrle in wins.

This team wants to give up on me? No, I give up on them. Unfortunately I still have tickets to two more games this season but I refuse to spend a dime on in-park concessions. They've stole enough of my money this year.

Cheryl
07-18-2002, 04:59 PM
You mean they ****ing lost ****ing AGAIN?

Foulke You
07-18-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
I have recently given up on this Sox season. But I was looking forward to todays game between two 12-game winners (Buehrle at 12-7 and Byrd at 12-6). I really wanted this victory to show KC that we have the better pitcher, hoping Buehrle would be 13-7 and Byrd 12-7 after today. So I sat down and watched this entire game.

Here are what angered bc2k in this game:
1. KC batters stepping out of the batters box while Buehrle is in the middle of his windup. Especially Beltran who did this on the first pitch of the ninth inning. He had that planned out before he stepped to the plate. Another KC player did that in todays game. Why the umpire grants time, I have no idea.
2. Second and third and nobody out in the fifth inning. How many runs did the Sox get? Zero!
3. Sox batters getting shut down and not running up Byrd's pitch count allowing him to go the distance in the game to one-up Buehrle in wins.

This team wants to give up on me? No, I give up on them. Unfortunately I still have tickets to two more games this season but I refuse to spend a dime on in-park concessions. They've stole enough of my money this year.

It's pretty sad, but I turned the radio off after the Royals cut it to 3-2. I just knew the Sox would find a way to lose. No surprise at all to find out they blew it in the 9th. This team just finds a way to lose. Heck, even the 2001 squad showed more guts and fire than this hapless bunch. It's time to make some changes.

SoxRule
07-18-2002, 05:22 PM
This team is terrible. I think the SCrubs will have a better record than us.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-18-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

:KW

"HEY! WHAT DO YOU MEAN UP?!??!"

Dan H
07-18-2002, 06:06 PM
The worst thing about this loss is that it reminds me of the Cubs. Losing in dumb ways and losing to teams you should beat.

The second worst thing is the arrogance of this organization. They acted like Cleveland, KC, Detroit and Baltimore were beneath them. Instead the Sox lose series after series. Didn't anyone tell the Sox that they are closer to third than first?

And we keep hearing that the Sox just need a "spark." Just watching Minnesota pull away should have been spark enough. I had my doubts about the Sox winning the division, but I thought they would be contending to the end. It is pretty bad when you lower yourself to the level of the lovable losing Cubbies.