PDA

View Full Version : Twins to sign Jason Marquis- 1 year deal

Foulke You
12-22-2011, 02:24 PM
1 year, $3million. Twins are not scaring me much for next year.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/twins-to-sign-jason-marquis.html

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-23-2011, 12:17 AM
Didn't the Sox used to tee off him when he was on the Cubs?

MUsoxfan
12-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Love it. Though he'll likely be released before the ASG. I don't think the AL is for him

DumpJerry
12-23-2011, 07:18 AM
Didn't the Sox used to tee off him when he was on the Cubs?
Everyone did. I'm sure even Adam Dunn hit .564 or something near that against him.

TDog
12-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Everyone did. I'm sure even Adam Dunn hit .564 or something near that against him.

Dunn has a career average of .273 with 2 home runs, 9 hits, 9 walks and 7 strikeouts in 42 plate appearances against Marquis.

Konerko has a .429 average against Marquis with 1 home run, 3 hits, 2 walks and no strikeouts.

Pierzynski, Rios and Ramirez have hit at least .300 against Marquis. Quentin has a career batting average of .600 against him with a home run. De Aza is 1 for 2 career against him.

The only players likely to be on the White Sox next year who Marquis has struck out are Dunn and Peavy. Peavy singled off Marquis in his other plate appearance against him.

The 8 current White Sox players likely to be with the White Sox for the 2011 season who have faced Peavy have a batting average of .338 and an on-base percentage of .388. But Peavy isn't likely to face him, and the only hitter with at least 10 plate appearances against him is Dunn.

Ramon Castro has faced Marquis 12 times in his career with 5 hits, 1 walk and 1 strike out. His hits include 1 double and 2 home runs, but I didn't include Castro in the White Sox vs. Marquis averages.

HomeFish
12-24-2011, 09:04 AM
My first Jason Marquis memory came when I visited St. Louis for a couple of Cardinals games in 2004. Marquis was their #5 starter at the time.

I went to dinner at the TGIF right next to Busch Stadium, and my server was a guy on his first day at the job. He was wearing a Jason Marquis jersey. I asked him why Marquis of all the great players on that Cards team (which would win the pennant of course), and he said that he saw himself as the Jason Marquis of the TGIF, a new guy who would be a star in the future.

I hope he's had better luck than Jason.

DumpJerry
12-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Dunn has a career average of .273 with 2 home runs, 9 hits, 9 walks and 7 strikeouts in 42 plate appearances against Marquis.

Konerko has a .429 average against Marquis with 1 home run, 3 hits, 2 walks and no strikeouts.

Pierzynski, Rios and Ramirez have hit at least .300 against Marquis. Quentin has a career batting average of .600 against him with a home run. De Aza is 1 for 2 career against him.

The only players likely to be on the White Sox next year who Marquis has struck out are Dunn and Peavy. Peavy singled off Marquis in his other plate appearance against him.

The 8 current White Sox players likely to be with the White Sox for the 2011 season who have faced Peavy have a batting average of .338 and an on-base percentage of .388. But Peavy isn't likely to face him, and the only hitter with at least 10 plate appearances against him is Dunn.

Ramon Castro has faced Marquis 12 times in his career with 5 hits, 1 walk and 1 strike out. His hits include 1 double and 2 home runs, but I didn't include Castro in the White Sox vs. Marquis averages.
When I said "everyone," I was referring to all MLB players.