PDA

View Full Version : Thomas bats third today

duke of dorwood
07-18-2002, 12:51 PM
Frank batting third per the manager today. Lee sits.

Iguana775
07-18-2002, 12:55 PM
great!!! now thomas will go back to hitting like crap again. let his stay in the lower part of the order for a while so he can get consistent without the pressure. put maggs or walnuts at the 3 spot.

Randar68
07-18-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
great!!! now thomas will go back to hitting like crap again. let his stay in the lower part of the order for a while so he can get consistent without the pressure. put maggs or walnuts at the 3 spot.

Both have shown they hit better in their current spots in the order.

Chisoxfn
07-18-2002, 02:11 PM
I agree we aught to leave him in the 6 hole for a while, that way he has no pressure and can just concentrate on hitting. Plus, Lee was doing so good in the 3 hole. I would of just move Pk or Paulie up, then had Jose hit 5th with Frank hitting 6 so he is in the same slot, or would of just moved him to the 5 slot with Jose hitting 6th.

Although Hurt can definately handle the 3 slot and he's a veteran it isn't like he's a rookie.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-18-2002, 02:12 PM
Since early-May, there is only one thing you can take to the bank about Jerry Manuel's lineups:

if Royce Clayton is playing, he will be the shortstop and will get the #9 slot in the order. The only exception is in N.L. ballparks, where Royce gets #8.

Book it every time.

Beyond that, Manuel is a complete mystery to everyone, including his own players.

:jerry
"It's not too obvious I've lost my team, is it?"