PDA

View Full Version : Robin Ventura Helps Make-A-Wish Dream Come True

Hitmen77
12-22-2011, 10:52 AM
This aired on WGN News last night. Robin helped make a wish come true for a little girl battling lymphoma:

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-make-a-wish-white-sox-manager-robin-venture-helps-local-girl-on-stage-20111221,0,4470319.story

KenBerryGrab
12-22-2011, 11:01 AM
So nice. That's our Robin!

DonnieDarko
12-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Since Ventura was right before my time (I know he played on the Sox when I was watching as a kid, I just have absolutely zero memories of him playing), I don't know much about the guy. Is this how he normally is, or is he trying to reinvent himself or something?

I guess what I'm asking for is if this is a good gauge of the man's persona or not.

ElevenUp
12-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Since Ventura was right before my time (I know he played on the Sox when I was watching as a kid, I just have absolutely zero memories of him playing), I don't know much about the guy. Is this how he normally is, or is he trying to reinvent himself or something?

I guess what I'm asking for is if this is a good gauge of the man's persona or not.

Yes it is.

Thome25
12-22-2011, 11:28 AM

Robin has always been a great guy and a model citizen.

One of the many reasons he is a fan-favorite and one of my all-time personal favorites.

Hitmen77
12-22-2011, 11:32 AM

Absolutely.

thomas35forever
12-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Bobby Hull did this last year.

manders_01
12-22-2011, 05:25 PM
So sweet! Love Robin!

TheVulture
12-22-2011, 05:29 PM

Jim Tracy said Ventura was the best guy he ever had in the clubhouse.

October26
12-23-2011, 05:36 PM
So sweet! Love Robin!

+1. Robin is wonderful! :D:

CWSpalehoseCWS
12-23-2011, 06:31 PM
What a class act. I really hope he does good as the Sox manager.

shes
12-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Bobby Hull did this last year.

And this should be the last time Bobby Hull's name is mentioned alongside Ventura's in this context.

HomeFish
12-24-2011, 09:09 AM

Let me just say you have the perfect signature image for this thread.