PDA

View Full Version : Outlook for the rest of the season

Iwritecode
07-18-2002, 01:02 PM
Just curious how you guys are looking at each game from here on out.

zach23
07-18-2002, 01:15 PM
I still have tickets left to plenty of games this year and plan on being at each one no matter what (unless a strike ends the season early of course). I'll be rooting for them to win the division, but I do realize that it is at the point where a small miracle is needed to do so. I could never purposely hope for them to lose.

Jerry_Manuel
07-18-2002, 01:20 PM
I want to see the kids, but I know with the strike that may not happen.

Iwritecode
07-18-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I want to see the kids, but I know with the strike that may not happen.

Right now a strike might almost be a blessing. We wouldn't have to continue to suffer through this lost season. What it will do to the game of baseball is another story...

Anyway, I think us Sox fans are screwed all the way around. Here are the possible senarios I forsee:

If they actually turn around and start to win, a strike will probably wash away any post-season hopes.

Same as above but the Yanks, M's, A's, or Red Sox wash away any post-season hopes.

They continue to suck and KW makes a few trades and/or calls some minor league guys up.

Talk about seeing the glass half-empty huh?

TheBigHurt
07-18-2002, 05:26 PM
i look at it like this after every game....well were getting closer to football season!!

bc2k
07-18-2002, 05:36 PM
I'm hoping this team gets 81 wins and finish above the Cubs.

Yeah football season is coming, but since I might not be able to watch them (blackout) basketball season looks interesting too. I keep hearing and reading great things about JWill.

Could you imagine a strike shortened baseball season followed by a blackouted Bears season? Both caused by greed. I love Chicago sports.