PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one.....

Bmr31
08-07-2001, 09:27 PM
who thinks liefer sucks? I dont understand why hes playing...

danman31
08-07-2001, 10:29 PM
His ba is low with good power, but the only reason he is playin is because Caballo is ice cold right now.

Mathew
08-08-2001, 11:11 AM
I think Leifer is absolutely useless. Being Left-Handed doesn't make up for being bad. A microscopic BA. K's like a deamon and who can forget his stellar play in the field?

doublem23
08-08-2001, 11:12 AM
Yeah. I really don't understand why some people want to trade Walnuts or Caballo to accomdate Liefer. I think Liefer is a useful pinch hitter, but an everyday player? There's a stretch.

Paulwny
08-08-2001, 11:13 AM
The only positive is that he's better then Harold.

Tragg
08-08-2001, 11:20 AM
It was shameful to even play Harold this year.

Liefer is okay as a spot player - trouble is, our whole team has turned into spot players this year - swing for the fences. I don't blame liefer for that - that's all he can do. But it's not true of the rest of the guys who have decided that's the way to hit this year.

And we do need a lefty bat, among other things, kenny williams.

Paulwny
08-08-2001, 11:36 AM
The swing for the fences scares me, bad habits die hard. Who'll finally get into their heads and get them thinking a team game?

Iwritecode
08-08-2001, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
The swing for the fences scares me, bad habits die hard. Who'll finally get into their heads and get them thinking a team game?

:hurt
I can do it. It just might be awhile before I get there.

The big thing about this is the fact that the whole team needs to get into this mode all at the same time. It won't be any good for one guy to get on base 4 times if the guys behind him can't bring him around.

Paulwny
08-08-2001, 11:45 AM
Thaqt's what scares me they all have to be on the same page. JM can't seem to change the attitude.

Bmr31
08-08-2001, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
I think Leifer is absolutely useless. Being Left-Handed doesn't make up for being bad. A microscopic BA. K's like a deamon and who can forget his stellar play in the field?

Hes awful!

Mathew
08-08-2001, 12:29 PM
Bmr do me a favor and look at that 7.5 thread, we need to clear something up.

Fisk Fan
08-08-2001, 12:39 PM
He might suck right now, but he needs to get some experience for the future. At that time, if he is still playing poorly, he will be gone. I would be pissed if we gave up on him too early and he went on to become an All-Star.

Joel Perez
08-08-2001, 12:43 PM
"The only reason why Jeff Liefer is still in the bigs is because he's a power hitter from the left side--you need a left handed bat in the lineup to balance it and to keep Right Handed pitchers to change their pitch philosophies accordingly."

Liefer is still a rookie guys--give him a break. At worst, he'll turn out to be the next Ron Kittle--god, I hope that does not happen. He does need to shorten that swing of his though...it looks too long and too slow through the box to even swing at an offspeed pitch. His stance is OK--it's open to the right field to pull the ball, but he needs to make more of a conscious effort to push the ball to left field. Once that happens, you'll see a completely different ballplayer.

He should not play 3B though. UGH.

Tragg
08-08-2001, 03:25 PM
I would say AT BEST he'll turn into Kittle.

He may be a rookie, but he's also 27