PDA

View Full Version : Time to clean up the mess at Comiskey

Jerry_Manuel
07-18-2002, 10:49 AM
Sporting News has ideas on how to fix the Sox (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/columns/20020717/timetocleanupthemessatco.html).

Simply put, there's no excuse for the Sox to be 45-51, not when they're playing in the weak A.L. Central. As one scout says, "You look at their record and say, 'What the heck is the problem?'"

harwar
07-18-2002, 12:24 PM
I'd love to see those player(clayton,durham,lofton,&foulke)go.One thing is for sure.The Sox would be a lot more fun to watch if Crede & Borchard were in the lineup.I mean what the hell else do we have to look forward to now.

Procol Harum
07-18-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by harwar
I'd love to see those player(clayton,durham,lofton,&foulke)go.One thing is for sure.The Sox would be a lot more fun to watch if Crede & Borchard were in the lineup.I mean what the hell else do we have to look forward to now.

That's for sure--but I'd still like to see Borchard get a full year in the bush leagues before coming up here.

DrWatson27
07-18-2002, 04:08 PM
Clayton ($4.5 million)

Seeing this pissed me off even more. I knew we were overpaying Clayton, I just didn't realize it was THAT much. 4.5 mil for Choice Freakin' Clayton. If I overpaid that much for a product at work I'd be out on the curb before closing time and yet Williams still has his job, what a shame. 4.5 MILLION!!!!

mrwag
07-18-2002, 04:30 PM
The key words to that whole text:

"The sooner the better".

Hope it won't be too late.

I really want to hang on to Frank- I think he's just lost. He needs Walt. I want to see him retire in a White Sox uniform. Period. Are those sentences short enough?

Foulke You
07-18-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by DrWatson27
Clayton ($4.5 million)

Seeing this pissed me off even more. I knew we were overpaying Clayton, I just didn't realize it was THAT much. 4.5 mil for Choice Freakin' Clayton. If I overpaid that much for a product at work I'd be out on the curb before closing time and yet Williams still has his job, what a shame. 4.5 MILLION!!!!

Almost as bad, 5W-13L 5.38 E.R.A. Todd Ritchie is getting $5.5 million and Buehrle is getting $310,000. How screwed up is that? At least Ritchie isn't a jagoff like Royce. Get the kids up now. This team is absoultely D.O.A.

Jerry_Manuel
07-18-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Almost as bad, 5W-13L 5.38 E.R.A. Todd Ritchie is getting $5.5 million and Buehrle is getting $310,000. How screwed up is that? At least Ritchie isn't a jagoff like Royce. Get the kids up now. This team is absoultely D.O.A.

Ritchie makes $3,533,333 according to espn.

Foulke You
07-18-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Ritchie makes $3,533,333 according to espn.

I guess that's what I get for listening to that Cub fan idiot George Offman on the Score who said that Ritchie makes 5.5 million. Still, 3.5 million for Ritchie and 310,000 for Buehrle is still screwed up. How much does Paulie get? I'll bet it is less than good old Roycie!

Jerry_Manuel
07-18-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I guess that's what I get for listening to that Cub fan idiot George Offman on the Score who said that Ritchie makes 5.5 million. Still, 3.5 million for Ritchie and 310,000 for Buehrle is still screwed up. How much does Paulie get? I'll bet it is less than good old Roycie!

Perhaps he meant 5.5 for this year and next? I don't know, he's an idiot.

Konerko makes $3,800,000 per.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-18-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Perhaps he meant 5.5 for this year and next? I don't know, he's an idiot.

Konerko makes $3,800,000 per.

Damn, just when I thought this organization couldn't get anymore screwed up.

ACK!!!!!!

OKCSoxFan
07-18-2002, 07:57 PM
Simply put, there's no excuse for the Sox to be 45-51, not when they're playing in the weak A.L. Central. As one scout says, "You look at their record and say, 'What the heck is the problem?'"

It's not Jerry Manuel, who was A.L. Manager of the Year in 2000. And I'm not convinced it's Williams, who has made his share of mistakes - most notably, the Todd Ritchie trade - but stands to look a whole lot smarter the moment he forces the issue with Thomas and retools the club.

Williams might find it difficult to make quality trades before the July 31 non-waiver deadline. Clayton ($4.5 million), Durham ($6.3 million) and Lofton ($1.025 million) are either overpriced or underachieving potential free agents. Foulke, earning $4 million this season and $6 million next season, no longer is closing.

So, um, who's fault is it that we have overpriced players not performing? I guess it's mine.

Daver
07-18-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by OKCSoxFan

So, um, who's fault is it that we have overpriced players not performing? I guess it's mine.

Yeah don't blame the ballplayers for not showing up to play..........