PDA

View Full Version : Ritchie YOU BUM !

diehardjoe
07-17-2002, 11:49 PM
I want to first start out by saying I am new to the site after reading the article in the Sun-Times today. I was glad to see a site where I can talk White Sox baseball with real fans. I have a hard enough time getting people to go to a Sox game with me on my weekend season ticket package. Thank you for this site.

As far as Todd Rithie is concerned can he get any worse. Is he to blame though? Todd Rithie was not a great pitcher before he got here. He was maybe a forth or fifth starter before he got here. I hate to beat a died horse (since I am new I am sure this has come up) but let's take a look at some stats........

GP GS W L S HLD SVO CG SH IP H R ER HR BB K RS P/G WHIP ERA
20 20 5 12 0 0 0 0 0 120.1 153 93 80 17 43 70 4.6 96.8 1.63 5.98

He ranks 93 out 96 according to ESPN in ERA
Has the most loses in the majors with 12

As for what we gave up
19 19 10 6 0 0 0 1 1 114.2 104 48 44 11 44 75 4.9 90.5 1.29 3.45
19 19 10 6 0 0 0 0 0 115.2 107 47 46 19 33 58 3.9 86.6 1.21 3.58

The top stats are Wells and the bottom is Fogg's. I did not even included Lowe in the equation. So who is the real bum?

Kenny Williams you better take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror. You could not play third for the White Sox and it showing your a horrible GM too.

One positive note, Frank maybe back. It sure looked like it tonight.
God only hopes!

Once again thanks for the site guys! Anyone know if Dan Evans wants that GM job that he should have got two years ago? What could have been, what could have been!!!!!

Jerry_Manuel
07-17-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by diehardjoe

God only hopes!

Once again thanks for the site guys! Anyone know if Dan Evans wants that GM job that he should have got two years ago? What could have been, what could have been!!!!!

I'd still like to see Frank move elsewhere, but, it was nice to see him hit tonight.

Thanks for checking us out. Remember to read the "Totally Biased Game Recap" which is located on the main page. A lot better then what the Trib and Sun-Times give ya.

I'm sure Dan is very happy to have his $100 million dollar payroll and be away from the Chairman.

LongDistanceFan
07-18-2002, 12:41 AM
I want to first start out by saying I am new to the site after reading the article in the Sun-Times today. I was glad to see a site where I can talk White Sox baseball with real fans. I have a hard enough time getting people to go to a Sox game with me on my weekend season ticket package. Thank you for this site.

As far as Todd Rithie is concerned can he get any worse. Is he to blame though? Todd Rithie was not a great pitcher before he got here. He was maybe a forth or fifth starter before he got here. I hate to beat a died horse (since I am new I am sure this has come up) but let's take a look at some stats........

20 20 5 12 0 0 0 0 0 120.1 153 93 80 17 43 70 4.6 96.8 1.63 5.98

He ranks 93 out 96 according to ESPN in ERA
Has the most loses in the majors with 12

As for what we gave up
19 19 10 6 0 0 0 1 1 114.2 104 48 44 11 44 75 4.9 90.5 1.29 3.45
19 19 10 6 0 0 0 0 0 115.2 107 47 46 19 33 58 3.9 86.6 1.21 3.58

The top stats are Wells and the bottom is Fogg's. I did not even included Lowe in the equation. So who is the real bum?

Kenny Williams you better take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror. You could not play third for the White Sox and it showing your a horrible GM too.

God only hopes!

welcome :gulp:

DrCrawdad
07-18-2002, 01:19 AM

DiehardJoe, Welcome to WSI!

If you want to make yourself even more sick, check out the link below. It compares Toad Ritchie to Lowe, Fogg, Kip and Baldwin. Toad Ritchie is the worst of them all, even lower than Baldwin!

Click here to check out the comparative stats at MLB.com (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_sortable_player_stats.jsp?compare.x=&box6=XXXX117957XXXX&section2=null&statSet2=null&statType=2&sortByStat=IP&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=2002&baseballScope=mlb&isCompare=true&sitSplit=&venueID=&teamPosCode=all&box1=XXXX121234chaX&box3=XXXX150319pitX&box4=XXXX150337pitX&box5=XXXX110503seaX&checkBoxTotal=0&playerLocator=lowe)

Here's the part that really ticks me off though, the combined salaries of Lowe, Fogg, Kip and Baldwin is LESS THAN Toad's. Keep that in mind when Kenny talks about how the Sox can't afford this team.

When the Toad deal was made I defended Kenny. I really hoped that Kenny got this right.

I know that Kenny has got some heat for pointing a finger at Schu for this trade. Well I remember hearing Schu on during a Sox ST game. Schu talked about his part in the deal and how he advocated making this deal.

From what I understand, Toad's a FA after this season. Just watch Toad go and sign with another team and do there what he was supposed to do for us.

One last point, calling Toad a bum is funny. Reminds me of what my die hard Sox fan father would often say during Sox games.

The truly last point, I'm out of work and always looking to go to game...

-DrCrawdad.

baggio202
07-18-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

DiehardJoe, Welcome to WSI!

If you want to make yourself even more sick, check out the link below. It compares Toad Ritchie to Lowe, Fogg, Kip and Baldwin. Toad Ritchie is the worst of them all, even lower than Baldwin!

Click here to check out the comparative stats at MLB.com (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_sortable_player_stats.jsp?compare.x=&box6=XXXX117957XXXX&section2=null&statSet2=null&statType=2&sortByStat=IP&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=2002&baseballScope=mlb&isCompare=true&sitSplit=&venueID=&teamPosCode=all&box1=XXXX121234chaX&box3=XXXX150319pitX&box4=XXXX150337pitX&box5=XXXX110503seaX&checkBoxTotal=0&playerLocator=lowe)

Here's the part that really ticks me off though, the combined salaries of Lowe, Fogg, Kip and Baldwin is LESS THAN Toad's. Keep that in mind when Kenny talks about how the Sox can't afford this team.

When the Toad deal was made I defended Kenny. I really hoped that Kenny got this right.

I know that Kenny has got some heat for pointing a finger at Schu for this trade. Well I remember hearing Schu on during a Sox ST game. Schu talked about his part in the deal and how he advocated making this deal.

From what I understand, Toad's a FA after this season. Just watch Toad go and sign with another team and do there what he was supposed to do for us.

One last point, calling Toad a bum is funny. Reminds me of what my die hard Sox fan father would often say during Sox games.

The truly last point, I'm out of work and always looking to go to game...

-DrCrawdad.

ritchie has 4 years and 57 days of service coming into this season....barring changes in the CBA we own ritchie for one more year..though his contract is up after this season se we can always cut him loose...but i doubt we do

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-18-2002, 08:16 AM
THIS GUY IS A COMPLETE BUST!!!!

GOD what a mistake getting this asstard was. I didn't agree with the trade back then & I am vindicated now. I'd take back Sean Lowe & Kipper in a heartbeat to get rid of this moron.

Then again. Only one GM in MLB is stupid enough to go for a trade like that.

:KW "Someone mention my name?"

DrWatson27
07-18-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
asstard

I don't know why but this had me *****!

LuvChiSox
07-18-2002, 10:02 AM
GET TOAD OUT OF THE ROTATION!!! NOW!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

delben91
07-18-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by LuvChiSox
GET TOAD OUT OF THE ROTATION!!! NOW!!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

But how do you really feel about Ritchie?

CubKilla
07-18-2002, 10:37 AM
Toad and asstard..... good stuff. I too am vindicated. I wasn't happy with this trade when it was made.

Dan Evans, even if offered the job, isn't coming back to GM a team that always complains of "losing money" (it's all our fault you know). He also isn't going to come back to a team that spit in his face and passed him over just to be, in some people's minds, politically correct. Deals like this are the reason this team claims to be "in the red."

And welcome DHJ! I know a few guys on this board who will be happy to assist you in using that extra ticket every weekend :D: .

SoxRule
07-18-2002, 11:25 AM
He has to go! I can't take another game with Ritchie in it!

TheBigHurt
07-18-2002, 12:23 PM
diehardjoe your killing me with those stats!!!!

Cheryl
07-18-2002, 12:31 PM
Yesterday afternoon I got into a conversation with one of the guys here in which I said Ritchie wasn't really that bad a pitcher, he could easily be 12 and 8 instead of 8 and 12, he just didn't get a lot of run support. I never said he was good, just not as bad as it appeared looking at the win/loss record.

I was wrong. I realized that during the game last night. He's a much worse pitcher than I thought. I don't think he was ever this bad before this year, but he's just stinking up the joint. You'd think a veteran pitcher would know better than to listen to Nardi, but I can't think of another reason for him to go from decent leaning toward hard luck to just plain bad in a season.

harwar
07-18-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Dan Evans, even if offered the job, isn't coming back to GM a team that always complains of "losing money" (it's all our fault you know). He also isn't going to come back to a team that spit in his face and passed him over just to be, in some people's minds, politically correct. Deals like this are the reason this team claims to be "in the red."

Man-O-Man,i've been spitting nails since the very hour that i heard they passed over my man Dan Evans.I heard that he was so shocked and angry that he wasn't talking to anyone for the first day.Dan the Man left with a heart full of anger and disgust for reinsdorf.He will NOT be back in this organization anytime soon.I don't think J.R. was trying to be politically correct(was my favorite tv show)when he was the first to hire an african-american G.M. & manager.It was suppose to be a great PR move that has backfired.