PDA

View Full Version : Ritchie : The Solution

KVinc
07-17-2002, 11:34 PM
Either we somehow package and deal him wit some other players and then bring up Rauch. I think the best solution at the time since we cant really demote anyone right now is to put Ritchie in the bullpen as the long relief/middle relief ( sixth inning) guy and bring up Rocky Biddle as the starter.

Chisox_cali
07-17-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by KVinc
Either we somehow package and deal him wit some other players and then bring up Rauch. I think the best solution at the time since we cant really demote anyone right now is to put Ritchie in the bullpen as the long relief/middle relief ( sixth inning) guy and bring up Rocky Biddle as the starter.

Speaking of Rauch, he pitched very well again last (K)night for the Knights. :smile: Going 6 2/3 giving up 2 ER with 4 BB and 8K's, lowering his ERA to 4.93. Keep it up Big Jon!

The Knights won 6-4 By The Way.

JoseCanseco6969
07-17-2002, 11:43 PM
Thats a great idea puttig biddle in for ritchie but they wont put the multi million man ritchie, who shouldnt be allowed to breathe our air, in the bullpen since he cost us so much. Personally id love to give rauch a second chance since our season is looking pretty grim. I just hope the make these moves soon because it's tough to watch these games.

KVinc
07-17-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by JoseCanseco6969
Thats a great idea puttig biddle in for ritchie but they wont put the multi million man ritchie, who shouldnt be allowed to breathe our air, in the bullpen since he cost us so much. Personally id love to give rauch a second chance since our season is looking pretty grim. I just hope the make these moves soon because it's tough to watch these games.

well i know they probably won't. But i heard Kw says he looks to see whats soxs fans opinions are. Whenever he gets on the radio if its soon someone should let it be none if he cant get it through his skull to put ritchie in the bullpen. I'm serious about this too

Jerry_Manuel
07-17-2002, 11:55 PM
Here's a thought: Todd Ritchie isn't going anywhere. He'll be starting for the remainder of this season. Jon Rauch needs a full year in the minor leagues. Plus being away from Nardi doesn't hurt either.

nut_stock
07-18-2002, 12:01 AM
Ed Farmer was talking about how Ritchie is changing his grip on the ball behind his back and its somehow messing up his delivery/location of pitches. I didn't catch it all, but It sounded interesting. Maybe Ritchie will become a good pitcher after Nardi is fired.

Jerry_Manuel
07-18-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
Ed Farmer was talking about how Ritchie is changing his grip on the ball behind his back and its somehow messing up his delivery/location of pitches. I didn't catch it all, but It sounded interesting. Maybe Ritchie will become a good pitcher after Nardi is fired.

Then maybe Farmio should shop bitching about the official scorer and go talk to Todd.

Iguana775
07-18-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock

now why in the hell is he doing that?? i would like to know nardi's reasoning. if what he was doing, worked, then dont mess with it. now he just plain sux. he was pretty decent at the begining of the year. i wonder when he changed his grip.

RedPinStripes
07-18-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Then maybe Farmio should shop bitching about the official scorer and go talk to Todd.

Not a bad idea. Farmer knows all in the booth, maybe he should be the pitching coach? :D:

TornLabrum
07-18-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by KVinc

About the only idea I can think of right now is hiring a hit man to take out Ritchie, Nardi, Ward, Pettis, Prof. Chaos, Gen. Disarray, and Chairman Jerry. :angry:

RedPinStripes
07-18-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

About the only idea I can think of right now is hiring a hit man to take out Ritchie, Nardi, Ward, Pettis, Prof. Chaos, Gen. Disarray, and Chairman Jerry. :angry:

Take Jerry's kid out too just to be cautious. He's scouting now. He can't be much better by looking at who he learned from.