PDA

View Full Version : Durham to be gone soon?

balboner
07-17-2002, 10:37 PM
Durham, who isnt in tonight's starting line-up, may signal an imminent trade. Manuel also had the chance to pinch hit him for Royce in the 7th, but didnt do so. I wouldnt mind getting Lidle for him right now if it meant no more Mr. Ritchie.

Jerry_Manuel
07-17-2002, 10:44 PM
1. Tinkerer at work
2. Very rarely does he pinch hit for Royce
3. If anything Lidle would take Glover's spot

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-17-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Durham, who isnt in tonight's starting line-up, may signal an imminent trade. Manuel also had the chance to pinch hit him for Royce in the 7th, but didnt do so. I wouldnt mind getting Lidle for him right now if it meant no more Mr. Ritchie.

I hope you're wrong. He's one guy I'd hate to see go away.

FJA
07-17-2002, 11:06 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we lose tonight and make some sort of move. You can't lose to the Royals and get away with it. Durham is probably the only one worth anything right now ... No one will take Frank's salary and Ritchie proved once again we should charge him for his uniform.

Hate to see Ray go ... I'm the only one I know with a Ray jersey ... :(:

soxtalker
07-17-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by FJA
I wouldn't be surprised if we lose tonight and make some sort of move. You can't lose to the Royals and get away with it. :(:

I have the impression that we're long past the point at which one more loss (or string of losses) will make a difference as to whether KW pulls the trigger on any deal. I'm guessing that it is more a question of what KW is willing to accept vs. what other teams are willing to give us. The latter probably depends more on what the other teams are doing in their respective races and their perception of whether a strike will wipe out the entire season. What KW is willing to accept probably depends on how much salary he has to pay and what sort of compensation picks he can expect if he doesn't take the deal.

Jerry_Manuel
07-18-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by soxtalker
I have the impression that we're long past the point at which one more loss (or string of losses) will make a difference as to whether KW pulls the trigger on any deal.

Exactly. When the Tigers are whipping your ass and nothing happens, that tells you everything you need to know.

Procol Harum
07-18-2002, 08:42 AM
Well, Kenny--it's now July 18th--you'd better get your butt in gear if you are gonna trade Durham. The longer this goof is on the shelf the more his "value" drops. Let's get something for one of these jamokes (sp?)....