PDA

View Full Version : Diamondbacks acquire Trevor Cahill

mzh
12-09-2011, 07:18 PM
for Jarrod Parker, Colin Cowgill and Ryan Cook. (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/12/dbacks-acquire-cahill-breslow-from-as.html)

That team keeps looking better and better. Cahill should dominate the NL West.

KMcMahon817
12-09-2011, 09:03 PM
I bet the A's just trade Gio and Bailey now too. They're not going to win that division for a couple years. They'll have a totally restocked farm and very likely a very high draft pick next summer.

Taliesinrk
12-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Jarrod Parker's pretty legit.

DirtySox
12-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Diamondbacks are stupid deep in pitching. They can afford to lose Parker with Bauer, Skaggs, Bradley, Holmberg, Chafin, and Meo in the wings. So ridiculous.

KMcMahon817
12-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Diamondbacks are stupid deep in pitching. They can afford to lose Parker with Bauer, Skaggs, Bradley, Holmberg, Chafin, and Meo in the wings. So ridiculous.

Holmberg is still only 20, but I see he struggled a bit when he got promoted to high A ball last season.

Lip Man 1
12-10-2011, 01:22 AM
And I surmise that with that totally restocked farm system and high draft picks they still won't win ****, then the "genius" G.M. will unload those players for more draft picks...and on and on and on.

Lip

DirtySox
12-10-2011, 01:28 AM
And I surmise that with that totally restocked farm system and high draft picks they still won't win ****, then the "genius" G.M. will unload those players for more draft picks...and on and on and on.

Lip

Huh? Arizona made the playoffs last season. They also just traded prospects for established major league talent. Isn't that your thing? No reason to be bitter here. The Diamondbacks are in a pretty good position right now. A much more enviable one than the Sox.

DSpivack
12-10-2011, 01:39 AM
Huh? Arizona made the playoffs last season. They also just traded prospects for established major league talent. Isn't that your thing? No reason to be bitter here. The Diamondbacks are in a pretty good position right now. A much more enviable one than the Sox.

He was talking about the A's.

SephClone89
12-10-2011, 01:39 AM

He's talking about the As.

Granted, if Lip used the accepted method of quoting and replying to posts that would have been clearer...

DirtySox
12-10-2011, 01:59 AM
He's talking about the As.

Granted, if Lip used the accepted method of quoting and replying to posts that would have been clearer...

Ah. That would make more sense I guess. I figured since Diamondbacks thread he was referring to Arizona.

My mistake.

TDog
12-10-2011, 03:46 AM
I bet the A's just trade Gio and Bailey now too. They're not going to win that division for a couple years. They'll have a totally restocked farm and very likely a very high draft pick next summer.

That's really what Moneyball is all about. That and steroids.

Brian26
12-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Contract the A's.

Can't believe they're already tearing that pitching staff apart.

sox1970
12-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Contract the A's.

Yeah, that's sad. If the A's and Rays can't get new stadiums, contract them.

The AL West with the Mariners, A's, and Astros is going to be something. Rangers and Angels winning 100 games+ will be great for that new wildcard round.

mzh
12-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Contract the A's.

Seeing as they have literally no outfield right now, I might like to see Kenny try to pry back Gio a third time for something centered around Quentin.

WSox597
12-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Seeing as they have literally no outfield right now, I might like to see Kenny try to pry back Gio a third time for something centered around Quentin.

He'd probably just trade him again, and then we'd have nothing from Quentin either.