PDA

View Full Version : Theo buys a house

Fenway
12-08-2011, 08:42 AM
http://chicago.urbanturf.com/articles/article/insider_look_into_cubs_gm_theo_epsteins_southport_ corridor_house/4714

Word is Patrick Sharp was going to buy the house and then Theo outbid him.

bestkosher
12-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Thank God, I was afraid he was going to have to live under an overpass, or in a van down by the river!!!

Domeshot17
12-08-2011, 09:52 AM
This has me really excited for the "Theo takes a dump in his new bathroom" thread!

gobears1987
12-08-2011, 09:53 AM
A decorator needs to really fix that kitchen and bathroom. Yikes.

tstrike2000
12-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Glad he bought that house. I was losing sleep whether or not Theo was going to have a big enough living space for him and Jed Hoyer to feed grapes to one another as comfort during one of the Cubs patented losing streaks.

eriqjaffe
12-08-2011, 10:23 AM
This has me really excited for the "Theo takes a dump in his new bathroom" thread!No kidding. Can we just have an entire forum dedicated to round-the-clock Theo surveillance?

JoeyCora28
12-08-2011, 12:37 PM
http://chicago.urbanturf.com/articles/article/insider_look_into_cubs_gm_theo_epsteins_southport_ corridor_house/4714

Word is Patrick Sharp was going to buy the house and then Theo outbid him.

Can we have Patrick Sharp put in bids on Rios, Dunn and Peavy? :smile:

guillensdisciple
12-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Theo Epstein is the Tim Tebow of baseball.

roylestillman
12-08-2011, 01:05 PM
A decorator needs to really fix that kitchen and bathroom. Yikes.
Good lord, the guy is going to have to wear sunglasses to go to the john.

Like the prison yard look of the patio. No homeless guy is going to wander into that. Nice of them to give out the address. Ronnie Woo Woo will be on the front lawn most days.

doublem23
12-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Like the prison yard look of the patio. No homeless guy is going to wander into that.

No grass to take care of = Dream come true

asindc
12-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Can we have Patrick Sharp put in bids on Rios, Dunn and Peavy? :smile:

I nominate this for post of the offseason so far.:D:

downstairs
12-08-2011, 04:44 PM
No grass to take care of = Dream come true

Exactly. I wish I had no grass. Although it's mostly dirt, and I have a friend that cuts it for only $20 every two weeks.

Still, I'd love a concrete or brick yard.

DSpivack
12-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Theo Epstein is the Tim Tebow of baseball.

Not quite, unless Theo starts holding a minyan on the Wrigley field grass before games.

PalehosePlanet
12-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Thank God, I was afraid he was going to have to live under an overpass, or in a van down by the river!!!

I hear he's trading in the Astro for a Town & Country, now that he's rich and all.

mantis1212
12-08-2011, 07:07 PM

Like the prison yard look of the patio. No homeless guy is going to wander into that. Nice of them to give out the address. Ronnie Woo Woo will be on the front lawn most days.

Must be nice to live 8 blocks from work

gregoriop
12-08-2011, 07:41 PM
This is down the street from Billy Corgan's old house.

LongLiveFisk
12-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Meh. For that money I expected much nicer.

DumpJerry
12-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Meh. For that money I expected much nicer.
Location, location, location.

seventyseven
12-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Location, location, location.

I live 6 blocks away. It's not that nice of a location.

ilsox7
12-09-2011, 10:58 AM

It's all public record that anyone can find out.

EDIT: Though he did buy using a trust, so it would have taken a little digging to figure it out, I guess.

gobears1987
12-09-2011, 12:44 PM
The important thing in this story is that if Sharpie is looking to dump $3 million on a house, that he is probably looking to stay in Chicago a long time.

doublem23
12-09-2011, 01:12 PM
The important thing in this story is that if Sharpie is looking to dump $3 million on a house, that he is probably looking to stay in Chicago a long time.

Not really

FWIW, Ozzie just bought a new house in Bucktown in what? August?

eriqjaffe
12-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Are there any updates on whether he's picked out any linens yet?

MarySwiss
12-09-2011, 03:58 PM
LOL!
And is there a registry where we can order housewarming gifts? :D:

Oblong
12-09-2011, 04:01 PM
I'd worry about the fans running over there after a game gone bad but then I remembered the fanbase.... they probably don't even keep track of wins or losses. It's like my golf game, I judge a round by how many balls I lose. They judge a game by how many beers they drink.

JoeyCora28
12-09-2011, 04:31 PM

If he chose white hand towels for the bathroom, he may end up wiping his hands on his pants before he finds them...

12-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Not too shabby

Whitesox029
12-10-2011, 03:33 PM
How long til the endless Theo Epstein updates start going straight to the Roadhouse?

DeadMoney
12-10-2011, 03:56 PM
I live in the neighborhood and went by there yesterday... The place is huge. It's almost like you could play basketball in the front room.

Konerko05
12-11-2011, 05:05 AM
Does anyone think drunken Cubs fans will decide it's a good idea to show up at Theo's house after spending five hours in the CubbieBear singing "Go Cubs Go" after a loss?

Seems like a bad location for him to live, especially now his exact location is all over the internet.

doublem23
12-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Does anyone think drunken Cubs fans will decide it's a good idea to show up at Theo's house after spending five hours in the CubbieBear singing "Go Cubs Go" after a loss?

Seems like a bad location for him to live, especially now his exact location is all over the internet.

If you really wanted to, you could pretty easily find the addresses of most of the Cub players and coaches, many of whom also live in the Wrigleyville area and I don't ever recall there being a problem. I know when you bring up the map on Google, the distance doesn't look like anything, but when you're drunk and stumbling around, the walk from Sheffield to Ashland is an eternity.

Konerko05
12-11-2011, 01:00 PM
If you really wanted to, you could pretty easily find the addresses of most of the Cub players and coaches, many of whom also live in the Wrigleyville area and I don't ever recall there being a problem. I know when you bring up the map on Google, the distance doesn't look like anything, but when you're drunk and stumbling around, the walk from Sheffield to Ashland is an eternity.

Ok, so you don't think any Cubs fans live in a very close proximity to his house?

The guy is like Jesus on the northside. I find it hard to believe drunken idiots won't be showing up his house.

doublem23
12-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Ok, so you don't think any Cubs fans live in a very close proximity to his house?

The guy is like Jesus on the northside. I find it hard to believe drunken idiots won't be showing up his house.

:dunno:

All I'm saying is I know for a fact that Dempster, Fukudome, Theriot, and I think Zambrano and Quade all lived in the Wrigleyville area, too, and you didn't have to work too hard to find their addresses, either, and somehow they staved off throngs of torch-bearing Baby Bear zealots.

Oblong
12-13-2011, 11:11 PM
I know when you bring up the map on Google, the distance doesn't look like anything, but when you're drunk and stumbling around, the walk from Sheffield to Ashland is an eternity.

First time I came to Chicago was 2004 for a bachelor party weekend. 14 of us stumbled around downtown for 2 days. A year later we went back with the wives/girlfriends and were shocked to find out we didn't really leave a 4 block radius, yet we seemed to walk forever! "We went there, we went there, we went there, we went there...." That's what makes Chicago such a great city.