PDA

View Full Version : Sergio Santos Appreciation Thread

soxinem1
12-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Got him for a song, and did better than we could have expected.

When he was hot it was fun to watch him throw that splitter in the dirt for swinging strikes.

DSpivack
12-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Seemed like a good guy, too.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
12-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Good luck in Canada, Sergio.

DirtySox
Farewell Sergio. You were pretty awesome with some filthy stuff. I hope you become an elite closer with the Jays, who have a pretty bright future at this point in time.

SoxNation05
I'll never forget on the HBO show "The Club" when Ozzie told him he made the club the only words that he could stammer out were about his father. How his father was the reason for his success. Really an awesome moments and spoke measures of the maturity and the man that Serg is.

vinny
12-06-2011, 01:05 PM
I'll never forget on the HBO show "The Club" when Ozzie told him he made the club the only words that he could stammer out were about his father. How his father was the reason for his success. Really an awesome moments and spoke measures of the maturity and the man that Serg is.

+1

Best of luck Sergio. I'm sorry to see you go and wish you all the success in the world, except against the Sox.

thomas35forever
12-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Good luck, Sergio. You will be greatly missed.

asindc
12-06-2011, 01:21 PM

Yes, that was my favorite moment of the MLB Network show "The Club." Santos became one of my favorite players at that moment, and he still is one of my favorites. Hope he posts 0.00 ERA against everyone else in the AL and 10.00 ERA against the Sox.:gulp:

ChiSoxGal85
12-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Definitely my favorite moment from that series. I really liked Sergio even when he struggled. Best of luck to him.

KMcMahon817
12-06-2011, 01:51 PM
I liked you a lot, Serg. Your story gave me the goosebumps. I wish you nothing but the best. And my father is incredibly saddened as well...you were his fav.

guillensdisciple
12-06-2011, 02:21 PM
You were the man- sometimes shaky when you closed but for the most part you were dominant. I don't know if this is your Ceiling and it sure is not a bad one to have. With that said, I wish you the best I wish it was Adam Dunn or Peavy but whatever best of luck.

tstrike2000
12-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Good luck Sergio, we hardly knew ye.

VMSNS
12-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Sergio (aka "The Surge Protector") was my favorite player on that 2011 squad. 95+ mph heater and totally overpowering stuff. He seemed like a great guy, as well. He will be missed.

Good luck in Toronto, Sergio. :gulp:

esbrechtel
12-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Yes, that was my favorite moment of the MLB Network show "The Club." Santos became one of my favorite players at that moment, and he still is one of my favorites. Hope he posts 0.00 ERA against everyone else in the AL and 10.00 ERA against the Sox.:gulp:

Couldn't have said it better myself

HomeFish
12-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Sergio Santos was almost unique among MLB closers for not showing *any* kind of celebration after saves. No first bump, no pointing, nothing. A relatively traditionalist board like WSI probably appreciated that a lot. He always acted like it was no big deal, he had been there before.

doublem23
12-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Good luck in Toronto, Sergio. Hope you anchor that bullpen and lead the Jays to the playoffs ahead of the Yankees and Red Sox.

Might have to buy a bad-ass Sergio Santos Blue Jays uniform now that they're wearing the classically inspired uniforms again.

slavko
12-06-2011, 11:31 PM
When you were good, you were nas-tee. Get that way again, you're a good guy.

But the last time I saw you, you were doing your best to blow Dylan Axelrod's first win with a 3 run lead. Poor kid looked like he was dyin' in the dugout. You got the save and the kid got the beer bath. The best future for both of you.

Falstaff
12-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Did not see that episode. I am late to the picnic. Is Sergio actually Ron Santos son?

all*star quentin
12-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Good luck with your career, Sergio :superman: