PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Friedman interviewing for Astros GM job

russ99
11-29-2011, 08:18 PM
If new Astros owner Jim Crane can get him to come over that would be a huge coup.

Probably only a small chance he'd leave Tampa and Crane would have to offer him the sun moon and stars, likely akin to Theo's offer with the Cubs for a GM/VP of Baseball Operations position.

However, Friedman is from Houston and grew up an Astros fan.

Also the Houston market, TV deal, attendance and potential payroll don't have the limitations of the Rays, especially after the Rays gutted a Series contender last offseason so I'm hoping he'll at least weigh the offer...

soxfanreggie
11-29-2011, 08:21 PM
If new Astros owner Jim Crane can get him to come over that would be a huge coup.

Probably only a small chance he'd leave Tampa and Crane would have to offer him the sun moon and stars, likely akin to Theo's offer with the Cubs for a GM/VP of Baseball Operations position.

However, Friedman is from Houston and grew up an Astros fan.

Also the Houston market, TV deal, attendance and potential payroll don't have the limitations of the Rays, especially after the Rays gutted a Series contender last offseason so I'm hoping he'll at least weigh the offer...

This is the one job I saw him leaving Tampa for. He has a bigger market for baseball at his disposal here, and we know from the Triple-B years that the team can draw. We'll see if he thinks he can win it all with Tampa or if he has a better shot going home to Houston.