PDA

View Full Version : Ivy Incident: A Horrific Act of Vandalism

BackInBlack
07-17-2002, 10:29 AM
The Ivy Incident was a horrific act of vandalism, and for me, it puts everything back in perspective.

Here we were going back and forth, arguing why our Sox black & white uniforms are so much cooler than the Cubs uni's.

Here we were going back and forth, arguing why Magglio Ordonez might be a better right fielder than Sammy Sosa.

Here we were, trying to prove our case why the Chicago White Sox are Chicago's premier brand of baseball.

Guys, don't you get it? It doesn't matter! We were so busy arguing over the little things that we lost track of what really matters baseball in Chicago. Regardless if you're a Cubs fan or a Sox fan, what happened in Wrigley Field is a slap not only to Cubs fans, but to residents of Chicago everywhere! What happened eight miles North may have, in fact, been a blessing in disguise because it's pulling this city together!

I don't know about you, but I think the time is ripe for Cubs fans and Sox fans to look past their differences and remember why we're all here in the first place. It's time for Chicagoans of all kinds to rally around our friends on the North Side, and I'd like to be the first to support the Cubs by proudly waving their flag.

Who's with me??????

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=113044

nut_stock
07-17-2002, 10:51 AM
"Not I!", said the Nut.

Cheryl
07-17-2002, 11:25 AM
Me either.

zach23
07-17-2002, 11:34 AM
I would rather be trapped under a sweaty Nell Carter for an entire weekend rather than support the cubs in any way.

kermittheefrog
07-17-2002, 11:41 AM
Anyone else get the feeling that post would look a lot better in teal?

BackInBlack
07-17-2002, 11:44 AM
You guys gotta be kidding me. :bundy That post was dripping with sarcasm. If the flag didn't give it away, I give up.

Cheryl
07-17-2002, 11:48 AM
I believe everyone knows it's a joke.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-17-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
I believe everyone knows it's a joke.

I think the Cubs are the biggest joke though.

:)

Viva Magglio
07-17-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by BackInBlack
You guys gotta be kidding me. :bundy That post was dripping with sarcasm. If the flag didn't give it away, I give up.

It is called TEAL.

Iwritecode
07-17-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Anyone else get the feeling that post would look a lot better in teal?

I was thinking that myself.

BackInBlack
07-17-2002, 01:51 PM
WSI needs an e-dictionary to translate the language that has morphed over here. OK, I have to ask, what's the WSI definition of teal.

Jerry_Manuel
07-17-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by BackInBlack
WSI needs an e-dictionary to translate the language that has morphed over here. OK, I have to ask, what's the WSI definition of teal.

Teal is for sarcasm.

Some people here know for a fact that teal sucks.

We do have a dictionary! Here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/glossary.php?s=)

smokinherbperry
07-17-2002, 01:56 PM
I think this past messege was way off base. The tainting of the ivy is a brilliantly insidious mode of cubbie subversion. Considering that both teams have sucked for 100 years, the only thing that keeps baseball interest healthy in this town is the spice of the crosstown rivalry.

dougs78
07-17-2002, 02:07 PM
I understand Backinblack....i thought the post was quite humerous. In fact I appreciate the fact that you didn't use teal. I for one believe that sarcasm is only funny becuase of the fact that it could possibly be true. If you have to go around telling everyone that you are being sarcastic, then you've missed the point of sarcasm. In fact, some of the most insightful and hilarious satires are often taken quite seriously. Thats what makes it funny for those who realize its a joke!

Iwritecode
07-17-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
I understand Backinblack....i thought the post was quite humorous. In fact I appreciate the fact that you didn't use teal. I for one believe that sarcasm is only funny because of the fact that it could possibly be true. If you have to go around telling everyone that you are being sarcastic, then you've missed the point of sarcasm. In fact, some of the most insightful and hilarious satires are often taken quite seriously. Thats what makes it funny for those who realize its a joke!

The problem is that these are just words on a screen. Without hearing the tone of voice being implied, it's hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic or not. I've seen large arguments (both here and in person) started when one person says something sarcastic and the other takes them seriously.

kermittheefrog
07-17-2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

The problem is that these are just words on a screen. Without hearing the tone of voice being implied, it's hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic or not. I've seen large arguments (both here and in person) started when one person says something sarcastic and the other takes them seriously.

Thats the beauty of sarcasm my friend. Keeps people on their toes.

soxrme
07-17-2002, 04:56 PM
COUNT ME OUT!!!!!!!!