PDA

View Full Version : WSI in today's Sun Times

palehosemike
07-17-2002, 06:06 AM
Nice work guys! *****!!!
:D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D: :D:

Sun Times Article (http://www.suntimes.com/output/rapoport/cst-spt-rap17.html)

duke of dorwood
07-17-2002, 07:45 AM
Yes, they are watching. They probably get their news and rumors from here too.

delben91
07-17-2002, 07:46 AM
HAHAHA!! Oh wow, that's some good stuff. Kudos to everyone who got a non-direct mention in the article. Looks like maybe some of the press do follow the goings on here.

Here's to us. :gulp:

Iguana775
07-17-2002, 07:53 AM
that is some funny stuff!!!

steff
07-17-2002, 07:57 AM
Especially love the:

"Maybe during batting practice Sammy Sosa took a leak there..." quote. Completely hysterical!!

Too bad he didn't post screen names. Can't wait to hear the anti-Sox crap at the water cooler today..

PaleHoseGeorge
07-17-2002, 08:18 AM
LOL! I think our theories of who did it are at least as plausible as the Cubune's paid apologists!

Great job by everyone, and a nice mention in print for the WSI community, too!!!

:lynch&mcfail
"With the exception of that stupid Sox fan site, everyone believes our cover story. Hurry up and fix that broken sewer pipe before the truth gets out!"

Spiff
07-17-2002, 09:48 AM
That poll wasn't conducted here though it was at chicagosports.com.

nut_stock
07-17-2002, 09:57 AM
The only bad thing is that our beloved site was just exposed to thousands of idiot scrub fans who are likely to come over here and troll.

Cheryl
07-17-2002, 10:00 AM
We're not only unofficial, we're fiesty too!

zach23
07-17-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl
We're not only unofficial, we're fiesty too!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/DJ.gif
Hey! I'm the "official" fiesty one!

CuckTheFubs
07-17-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by steff3603
Especially love the:

"Maybe during batting practice Sammy Sosa took a leak there..." quote. Completely hysterical!!

Too bad he didn't post screen names. Can't wait to hear the anti-Sox crap at the water cooler today..

...patting self on back...yep that quote was from none other than Cuck The Fubs.

I'm hurt that the Sun-Times didn't print my WSI user name.

Anyone else hear someone on the SCORE this morning claiming to be Cuck The Fubs? It was not me. Wonder what this imitator said?

HawkDJ
07-17-2002, 11:35 AM
That is pretty cool. It shows how great this site is and that people are actually noticing! Maybe some Sox fans who read the article and didn't know abotu this site will go sign up.

pudge
07-17-2002, 11:52 AM
Yesterday someone posted that Rapport would do an article and quote users from WSI... who on this board is so in the know? I'm impressed....

HawkDJ
07-17-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by pudge
Yesterday someone posted that Rapport would do an article and quote users from WSI... who on this board is so in the know? I'm impressed....

That would be PaleHoseGeorge who coincidently had two quotes in the article. Hmmm...... :D:

Jjav829
07-17-2002, 12:02 PM
O man thats some great stuff. Get ready for the Flubs trolls to start rolling in. Not like you aren't already... :smile:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-17-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

That would be PaleHoseGeorge who coincidently had two quotes in the article. Hmmm...... :D:

Adroit WSI correspondent Mark Liptak (Lipman1) has the media connections. I just happened to open my big-mouth at an opportune time when Ron Rapoport went searching for quotes amongst the posts here.

:smile:

LongDistanceFan
07-17-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
The only bad thing is that our beloved site was just exposed to thousands of idiot scrub fans who are likely to come over here and troll.

ahhh but we have FWC and his quick finger and DAVER who is silent with the bow and never fear with our leader PHG. :D:

i think we are pretty well protected. :)

Foulke You
07-17-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan

ahhh but we have FWC and his quick finger and DAVER who is silent with the bow and never fear with our leader PHG. :D:

Don't forget the river of troll blood that flows outside the protected fortress of WSI.

Y'know, after this article in the Sun-Times I am COMPLETELY convinced that media lurkers have been lifting info from this site for a long time now. There have been numerous times where after we discuss something here, a couple days later there is a similar discussion on the radio or article in the paper even going back to the Rivals.com days.

:moron
"I've never been to ScumSoxInteractive.com!"

idseer
07-17-2002, 05:25 PM
priceless! kudos wsi

WinningUgly!
07-17-2002, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

Don't forget the river of troll blood that flows outside the protected fortress of WSI.

Y'know, after this article in the Sun-Times I am COMPLETELY convinced that media lurkers have been lifting info from this site for a long time now. There have been numerous times where after we discuss something here, a couple days later there is a similar discussion on the radio or article in the paper even going back to the Rivals.com days.

:moron
"I've never been to ScumSoxInteractive.com!"

Yeah, ideas get ripped off from here all the time...too bad Jerry Reinsdorf, Kenny Williams & Jerry Manuel aren't taking any. :D:
Nice to see WSI getting the plug from Ron Rapoport. He knew if he didn't mention this site in his article he would have had to feel the wrath of the White Sox Army! :D:

RedPinStripes
07-17-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan

Not only prtected, we have a Radio Staion to blast idiots like moron and the ass. AND THEY CAN'T STOP US! HA!

Good job wsi! :gulp:

Needless to say, McGuire will get his ass ripped apart on our next show.

LongDistanceFan
07-17-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Not only prtected, we have a Radio Staion to blast idiots like moron and the ass. AND THEY CAN'T STOP US! HA!

Needless to say, McGuire will get his ass ripped apart on our next show. i am bad for my oversight.

:D:

not only do they get destroyed, we have the music and commentary to go with it.

denev1
07-18-2002, 12:08 AM
nice job guy's, I knew there was some classic stuff posted last night, I never thought it would make the sun-times.... especially the part about shamy's "steroid soaked urine"

hsc1
07-18-2002, 01:30 AM
kudos wsi... you know whats funny after reading that article... McGuire states that no decient scrub fan would destroy the ivy... its those same "decient" fans who destroy the property owners lawns around wrigley by urinating on them .... pretty ironic isnt it??? theyre bold enough to take a leak all over the place but they arent bold enough to kill the ivy?????

Drop Bears in OZ
07-18-2002, 05:32 AM
G'day again,
Found my way back from PC and server issues.

Chicago Sun Times? :?:
Didn't even know it existed..

Is it a community newspaper?
I currently can only get links to the Tribune.

Is Australia another state of the Land of the free?

:gulp:
DPIO

Procol Harum
07-18-2002, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

Yeah, ideas get ripped off from here all the time...too bad Jerry Reinsdorf, Kenny Williams & Jerry Manuel aren't taking any. :D:

Amen to 'dat!

Way to go WSI faithful--that thread and the S-T article made for some fun reading. :D:

SoxRule
07-18-2002, 05:15 PM
Way to go, guys. Now if we could only win.

Cheryl
07-18-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Drop Bears in OZ
G'day again,
Found my way back from PC and server issues.

Chicago Sun Times? :?:
Didn't even know it existed..

Is it a community newspaper?
I currently can only get links to the Tribune.

Is Australia another state of the Land of the free?

:gulp:
DPIO

http://www.suntimes.com

Lucky_Boys143035
07-18-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

a couple days later there is a similar discussion on the radio or article in the paper even going back to the Rivals.com days.

Im kind of new to WSI...what happened with Rivals.com?

Daver
07-18-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Lucky_Boys143035

Im kind of new to WSI...what happened with Rivals.com?

They went under and took most of the sites affiliated with them along for the swim with the fishes,WSI survived and has grown by leaps and bounds as an independent site affilated with no network.

LongDistanceFan
07-18-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by daver

They went under and took most of the sites affiliated with them along for the swim with the fishes,WSI survived and has grown by leaps and bounds as an independent site affilated with no network.

and amen to that :gulp:

chisoxfanatic
07-18-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Needless to say, McGuire will get his ass ripped apart on our next show.

I'm beginning to think that they are affiliated with the Des Plaines Police Department! :D

Anyway, Go WSI!!!

Heather the Redbird

RedPinStripes
07-19-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic

I'm beginning to think that they are affiliated with the Des Plaines Police Department! :D

Anyway, Go WSI!!!

Heather the Redbird

Desplaines Police.............................We know them too well. and not as friends. Those Bastards! Well, just a few. Most of them thought what we do is really cool and think the neighbors are complete losers.

Drop Bears in OZ
07-20-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl

http://www.suntimes.com

Thanks Cheryl