PDA

View Full Version : Players MUST appear in All-Star game if chosen.

Fenway
11-23-2011, 05:05 AM
Call it the Derek Jeter rule.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/mlb-all-star-game-attendance-mandatory-shot-yankees-derek-jeter-article-1.981605

CWSpalehoseCWS
11-23-2011, 05:24 AM
About time. Last year was a joke.

Fenway
11-23-2011, 05:35 AM
About time. Last year was a joke.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/269610_2147429197999_1014362077_32475956_2231613_n .jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/268130_2145824477882_1014362077_32473370_6848045_n .jpg

Mohoney
11-23-2011, 09:41 PM
This nonsense could all go away in the blink of an eye, but Bud Selig refuses to admit that home field advantage being tied into the All Star Game is the worst idea since Greedo shooting first.

doublem23
11-24-2011, 12:47 AM
This nonsense could all go away in the blink of an eye, but Bud Selig refuses to admit that home field advantage being tied into the All Star Game is the worst idea since Greedo shooting first.

Eh, it's actually not that big of a deal. There's no other fair way to determine home field, may as well make the All-Star Game mildly competitive.

Dibbs
11-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Eh, it's actually not that big of a deal. There's no other fair way to determine home field, may as well make the All-Star Game mildly competitive.

Giving home field to the team with the best regular season record is fair in my book. Much better than letting a meaningless all-star game determine it. I'm assuming you're kidding though.

thomas35forever
11-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Nice to see the league grow a pair and enforce this.

cub killer
11-24-2011, 05:53 PM

lol. Hey, I heard that the makers of the 2005 World Series DVD are going back to re-edit Uribe's catch in game 4, so that this time he catches it easily in foul territory without having to go into the stands. This is so no one can draw Bartman comparisons.

Also, they're gonna go back and re-edit AJ's passed ball strike 3 in game 2 of the ALCS. They're gonna add CGI effects to make it so the ball clearly hits the dirt before the catcher's glove. CGI dirt will fly as the re-edited ball bounces. Expect all these changes for the Blu-ray release.

doublem23
11-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Giving home field to the team with the best regular season record is fair in my book. Much better than letting a meaningless all-star game determine it. I'm assuming you're kidding though.

No, I've liked the increased intensity of the All-Star Games since the new rule was put in place and considering there's still very little cross-over play between leagues, just giving it to the team with the best record, IMO, is equally arbitrary.

A. Cavatica
11-24-2011, 09:17 PM
I predict Derek Jeter will miss the 2012 ASG with a slight headache.

TDog
11-25-2011, 04:50 AM

I honestly don't see why people are so antagonistic about the All-Star Game determining homefield advantage in the World Series. I've heard the Bob Costas rant, but I disagree with his argument.

asindc
11-25-2011, 09:07 AM
No, I've liked the increased intensity of the All-Star Games since the new rule was put in place and considering there's still very little cross-over play between leagues, just giving it to the team with the best record, IMO, is equally arbitrary.

I disagree. The team with the best record has at least directly accomplished the set goal, while under the current rules the home team could have minimal involvment in attaining that status yet still reap the reward.

I like this move, especially since it is irksome to me that some players collect AS bonuses and still back out of the game.

LongLiveFisk
11-25-2011, 10:05 AM
I disagree. The team with the best record has at least directly accomplished the set goal, while under the current rules the home team could have minimal involvment in attaining that status yet still reap the reward.

I like this move, especially since it is irksome to me that some players collect AS bonuses and still back out of the game.

Maybe backing out should result in a forfeiture of that bonus money.