PDA

View Full Version : more media nonsense

CLR01
07-17-2002, 02:32 AM
Dont know if this was posted yet or not.

Todd Hundley threw out a Braves basestealer, Alfonseca did the rest, and the Cubs had their victory. When their reserves came out of the dugout for the celebratory high fives, Sosa wasn't among them.

No big deal, though.

Sosa wasn't out there after the victory the day before, either, when Kimm took him out with a big lead against the Marlins. But this was different. This was a 1-run game against the team with the National League's best record.

This was in todays (7/16) Herald. I dont know if the other papers touched on it because i dont read them. They jump on Frank for doing the same thing in one game but Sosa does it two straight games and he gets a free pass. What a load of crap.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_imrem.asp

RKMeibalane
07-17-2002, 11:59 AM
I've stopped reading the Chicago papers. I probably won't read them again until next season. I am tired of seeing the same garbage each morning. It's depressing.

FarWestChicago
07-17-2002, 02:36 PM
:nandrolone

What's the big deal? My Zingers are the only important thing.

Cheryl
07-17-2002, 03:33 PM
Now I'm getting confused. I thought the ivy was the important thing.

FarWestChicago
07-17-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Now I'm getting confused. I thought the ivy was the important thing. :nandrolone

I'm sick of hearing about the ivy. I am the damned Cubs. I saved baseball. That's why I used some of my glow in the dark bodily waste to put a dent in it.

Foulke You
07-17-2002, 03:48 PM
No, no! You're both right! Sammy's homers AND the ivy are the most important thing!

Cheryl
07-17-2002, 04:17 PM
Thanks Foulke. I knew someone could explain it to me.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-17-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
Dont know if this was posted yet or not.

This was in todays (7/16) Herald. I dont know if the other papers touched on it because i dont read them. They jump on Frank for doing the same thing in one game but Sosa does it two straight games and he gets a free pass. What a load of crap.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_imrem.asp

Just let one of our guys try something like that. The bias in the Chicago papers toward the Flubbs is just so blatant.