PDA

View Full Version : AUDIO - JR interview on ESPN 1000

Fenway
11-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Starts about 48 minutes in

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/chicago/play?id=7261809

MARTINMVP
11-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Wow... after the infamous interview with Silvy and Carmen back on opening day in 2005, I didn't think he'd ever appear on that station again. :o:

ssirish317
11-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Wow... after the infamous interview with Silvy and Carmen back on opening day in 2005, I didn't think he'd ever appear on that station again. :o:
What happened?

MARTINMVP
11-22-2011, 03:18 PM
JR came on the station back during their midday show. I guess he thought they were going to have a nice, casual chat about opening day, but it then turned into a discussion about coaches and hiring them for the long-term, which then transitioned into basketball and the Bulls. JR was getting frustrated, then at the conclusion basically railed them for going off-topic and how he thought they were just going to have a nice discussion about baseball and opening day. He said something to the effect that he wouldn't come back to the station. This was still when ESPN 1000 was in the final year of their contract with the White Sox, and at the time, WSCR was making all attempts to get the rights for the following year

SI1020
11-23-2011, 05:17 PM
JR came on the station back during their midday show. I guess he thought they were going to have a nice, casual chat about opening day, but it then turned into a discussion about coaches and hiring them for the long-term, which then transitioned into basketball and the Bulls. JR was getting frustrated, then at the conclusion basically railed them for going off-topic and how he thought they were just going to have a nice discussion about baseball and opening day. He said something to the effect that he wouldn't come back to the station. This was still when ESPN 1000 was in the final year of their contract with the White Sox, and at the time, WSCR was making all attempts to get the rights for the following year Now it seems we're stuck with the Score for a long time.

Harry Chappas
11-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Now it seems we're stuck with the Score for a long time.

Better the Score even if that means Rongey than that collection of hacks on AM1000. Outside of Waddle and Silvy, that is a collection of hot garbage.

TomBradley72
11-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Better the Score even if that means Rongey than that collection of hacks on AM1000. Outside of Waddle and Silvy, that is a collection of hot garbage.

MUCH better to be on WSCR if for no other reason than signal strength vs. AM1000- I live in the far north burbs up near the WI border- there are times when AM1000 doesn't come in that well up here- AM670 comes in strong up to 400 miles away- even longer after sunset,etc.

Fenway
11-29-2011, 03:36 PM
MUCH better to be on WSCR if for no other reason than signal strength vs. AM1000- I live in the far north burbs up near the WI border- there are times when AM1000 doesn't come in that well up here- AM670 comes in strong up to 400 miles away- even longer after sunset,etc.

WSCR is a clear channel - WMVP is not ( does not beam west to protect Seattle station)

I wish they were still on AM 1000 as that signal is strong in New England, 670 is nearly impossible as 660 WFAN New York and 680 WRKO Boston just are too strong.

SI1020
11-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Better the Score even if that means Rongey than that collection of hacks on AM1000. Outside of Waddle and Silvy, that is a collection of hot garbage. I listen very little to sports babble radio and I enjoyed Rooney and Farmer and the post game shows on AM 1000.