PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket invoices posted

doogiec
11-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Just a FYI for season ticket holders, invoices have been posted on line.

My invoice total is the exact same as last year (lower deck box).

palehosepub
11-17-2011, 04:16 PM
Got mine also, it is the same amount as last year on the premium lower deck boxes. I held a faint hope that the prices might actually go down but that was pure fantasy...

kittle42
11-17-2011, 04:31 PM
I will enjoy paying it with 100% my plan partners' money this season.

DumpJerry
11-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Just a FYI for season ticket holders, invoices have been posted on line.

My invoice total is the exact same as last year (lower deck box).
I have the same seats (lower bowl box), my invoice is about $200 less than last year's invoice. It went from $6,000 last year to just over $5,800 this year.

doogiec
11-17-2011, 05:21 PM
I have the same seats (lower bowl box), my invoice is about $200 less than last year's invoice. It went from $6,000 last year to just over $5,800 this year.

I should have been more specific, my seats are Premium Lower Boxes like palehosepub.

So it sounds like some prices are being held the same and others dropped? Might make sense, as they usually don't lose a lot of people in the infield seats, but probably have plenty of openings down the line and upper deck.

DumpJerry
11-17-2011, 05:30 PM
I should have been more specific, my seats are Premium Lower Boxes like palehosepub.

So it sounds like some prices are being held the same and others dropped? Might make sense, as they usually don't lose a lot of people in the infield seats, but probably have plenty of openings down the line and upper deck.
I'm not in the premium seats (Sec. 115). You might be right since the people in the premium seats are long-time STHs who are not very likely to cancel now after all these years. I know there is usually a lot of changes in the regular lower box seats, so maybe the team is making more of an effort to hold onto us.

Harry Potter
11-17-2011, 05:48 PM
It appears that my ticket package in lower reserved (2 seats + parking) will be $550 less in 2012 than it was in 2011. #winning

keloms
11-17-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm not in the premium seats (Sec. 115). You might be right since the people in the premium seats are long-time STHs who are not very likely to cancel now after all these years. I know there is usually a lot of changes in the regular lower box seats, so maybe the team is making more of an effort to hold onto us.

Yeah, I'm in 116 and it dropped about $116 per seat, but, it would take a lot more than that to keep me. With all the deals on secondary markets, their season ticket are just not worth it anymore.

kittle42
11-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I'm in 116 and it dropped about $116 per seat, but, it would take a lot more than that to keep me. With all the deals on secondary markets, their season ticket are just not worth it anymore.

Dead on. I can probably get comparable enough seats to my halfway down the 3B line lower deck seats for 1/2 price or less most games.

Vernam
11-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Dead on. I can probably get comparable enough seats to my halfway down the 3B line lower deck seats for 1/2 price or less most games.

Unless we run away with the division in 2012! :sunshine:

My two premium upper boxes went down a combined total of $60. :scratch:

I'm really on the fence. Have a kid in college now and am extremely fortunate my tix aren't a make-or-break financial decision. But after eight years, it's hard to get motivated to go out there so often, and it's a hassle dealing with the tix we don't use. I want to support the team, but sanity must prevail at some point, I suppose. If we keep them, it'll be because there's not a better seat in the house for the money. I love it when people run down the UD, because it keeps our prices low. I realize it keeps the resale prices lower, too, but I haven't had to eat many since we moved to the front row on the aisle. :gulp:

Emoticon crazy today, sorry.

Vernam

soxfan21
11-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Just paid mine, kind of hoping to get an upgrade this year though. I wonder what their renewal rate will be this season if not many roster changes are made, and if Burls doesn't get resigned?

keloms
11-18-2011, 03:07 AM
Unless we run away with the division in 2012! :sunshine:

My two premium upper boxes went down a combined total of $60. :scratch:

I'm really on the fence. Have a kid in college now and am extremely fortunate my tix aren't a make-or-break financial decision. But after eight years, it's hard to get motivated to go out there so often, and it's a hassle dealing with the tix we don't use. I want to support the team, but sanity must prevail at some point, I suppose. If we keep them, it'll be because there's not a better seat in the house for the money. I love it when people run down the UD, because it keeps our prices low. I realize it keeps the resale prices lower, too, but I haven't had to eat many since we moved to the front row on the aisle. :gulp:

Emoticon crazy today, sorry.

Vernam

The tickets aren't make it or break it for me either and I still love going to the games, but, after seeing thousands of dollars go down the drain in cheaper opportunities and previous (and likely upcoming) lackluster play, it's reached the breaking point and awoke me from the "oh well, it still support the organization" mindset.

We're spending thousands of dollars months in advance for the "luxury" of overpaying for something we can pick up the same or better for the week/day of the game at 20-80% off our cost.

Golden Sox
11-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Believe me, I did not enjoy White Sox baseball this past 2011 season. It was a troubling season. I renew my tickets every year out of my love and loyalty to the team. I'm just hoping that better days are ahead.

NorthSideSox72
11-18-2011, 09:19 AM
We have full-season Premium UD Box seats (1st row above 3B line), and they went down about 2% for 2012. So we save about $40 a seat. Woo and hoo. Still, better than an increase for sure.

Seeing reports also of people with partial season packages seeing their costs drop a LOT, like 20% or more.

Seems odd to target the smaller packages with the refunds, unless those are where they were losing more customers.

doogiec
11-18-2011, 09:31 AM
This may have a lot to do with whatever data they are receiving from Stubhub also. I rarely had trouble getting face price for my premium lower deck seats last year, while I often saw regular lower deck boxes and upper deck seats at least 50% off on Stubhub. I think the premium seats hold their value better in down years, and what we are seeing may be a reflection of that.

RealFan
11-18-2011, 11:50 AM
I agree that the premium lower boxes seem to hold their value even in down seasons. I am renewing our four seats because I know that I will be able to consistently recover face value (or close to it) for games I cannot attend.

I am very organized about this process and put tickets on Stub Hub well in advance of the date of the game. That being said, I know of people who do it last second and can usually get rid of their tix as well.

Here's to hoping for a good season in 2012!

Bruizer
11-21-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm in the Upper Deck Reserved seats (three kids in college) and mine went down $394 for two seats. Wow! I reread it three times to make sure this was correct.

roylestillman
11-21-2011, 01:46 PM
A little extra info from Crain's

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20111121/BLOGS04/111129995/white-sox-lower-prices-for-most-season-ticket-holders

Again, I can't tell you how much I hate dynamic pricing and the "we need to run this like an airline" analogy, but I am glad they are coming to their senses on ticket prices in some parts of the park.

thomas35forever
11-22-2011, 12:46 PM
http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20111121/BLOGS04/111129995/white-sox-lower-prices-for-most-season-ticket-holders
By two to 18 percent.

Bruizer
11-27-2011, 08:20 AM
My invoice came this week. It lists the full season ticket pricing:

$2,918 Lower Box
$2,432 Lower Reserved
$2,270 Bleachers
$1,865 Premium Upper Box
$1,460 Upper Box
$974 Upper Reserved

No changes to the other seats or parking.

ptmoberg
11-30-2011, 08:38 PM
Sadly I will be without my season tickets for a second season this year (moment of silence), though need to buy eight tickets for one to two games for work colleagues. I realize I won't have the opportunity to buy tickets early like I did during my season ticket days, however, what are my options this year to try and buy before the general public, if any? I realize with this number, contacting group sales or my old season ticket rep is pointless.

Thanks.

Brian26
11-30-2011, 10:17 PM
I think everyone has a feeling of what might happen next week at the winter meetings, but an interesting sidenote is the Sox attempt at a hard-sale before that. Last Wednesday (Black Wednesday), I received a call from my rep asking me to renew for 2012. Told her I'd get back to her.

AzureJazzMan
12-05-2011, 02:39 PM
I laughed my ass off when I read this, and took it as "someone" within the organization taking a swipe at Ozzie and making a statement about the team

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-sox-spring-training-ticket-prices-cut-by-13-percent-20111205,0,2422212.story

13% Off...LMAO! :stooges:

keloms
12-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Some more good news. Now those of us who don't buy parking passes get to pay $2 more for parking for Monday through Friday games!

As you may have seen in the media, effective January 1, 2012 the City of Chicago will begin a $2 parking tax increase for all Monday thru Friday games. You can avoid paying this tax increase if you purchase and pay for a parking plan by December 31, 2011. If you wish to add parking, you can order it online now.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_planlist.htmI?l=EN&team=whitesox&selID=353

Vernam
12-10-2011, 12:01 PM
I think everyone has a feeling of what might happen next week at the winter meetings, but an interesting sidenote is the Sox attempt at a hard-sale before that. Last Wednesday (Black Wednesday), I received a call from my rep asking me to renew for 2012. Told her I'd get back to her.

Interesting. I haven't been called or emailed, apart from the automated mail about invoices. That could signal complacency or resignation. May also indicate they know my seats (front row on the aisle upper deck behind home plate) are a bargain that they can easily move. I'm pretty sure they used to sell them through a broker before I pressed for the upgrade three years ago. Even in this economy, they're easy to sell, and I'll probably regret letting them go. But it just gets harder to find time to go to games and to find people who want to go. I've been on the fence these past couple of years, and now it feels like time -- for a lot of people, I'm afraid.

Vernam