PDA

View Full Version : Oh come on!

thomas35forever
11-15-2011, 12:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/7236368/theo-epstein-give-carlos-zambrano-chance-earn-way-back-chicago-cubs
Theo, you gotta be smarter than this. You just gotta be. Or has your genius been exaggerated like so many other Cub "saviors".

JB98
11-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Prepare for another round of spring training stories about how Zambrano is a "changed man" from the Cubbie cheerleaders in the media.

doublem23
11-15-2011, 12:56 PM
Theo is just saying nice things to people about Zambrano because he knows that no one is going to take him and the $18 M he is owed off the Cubs' hands for anything worthwhile.

May as well just keep him and pray to god that he starts the year hot and some pitching-thin contender takes a flyer on him.

DumpJerry
11-15-2011, 01:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/7236368/theo-epstein-give-carlos-zambrano-chance-earn-way-back-chicago-cubs
Theo, you gotta be smarter than this. You just gotta be. Or has your genius been exaggerated like so many other Cub "saviors".
It's not our problem. Why get worked up over it?

I'm sure this "news" will cause a prospective Manager to ask for more money because he will have to deal with the clown.

Foulke You
11-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Prepare for another round of spring training stories about how Zambrano is a "changed man" from the Cubbie cheerleaders in the media.
You are so right. They write those "Z comback" articles every year. The Sun Times already is at it today by mentioning in the Theo article that "Zambrano is in tremendous shape". When exactly has Zambrano been out of shape? Conditioning has never been too much of a problem. It's the guy's 10 cent brain that is the problem.

hi im skot
11-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Theo is just saying nice things to people about Zambrano because he knows that no one is going to take him and the $18 M he is owed off the Cubs' hands for anything worthwhile.

May as well just keep him and pray to god that he starts the year hot and some pitching-thin contender takes a flyer on him.

This.

Noneck
11-15-2011, 03:58 PM

Even Phineas T. Barnum couldnt pull that one off. They either salt n pepper a large hunk of the salary or they keep him and hope for the best.

DSpivack
11-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Even Phineas T. Barnum couldnt pull that one off. They either salt n pepper a large hunk of the salary or they keep him and hope for the best.

I think they'll keep him, he's only signed through next season, anyway.

chisoxfanatic
11-15-2011, 05:42 PM
What an idiot! The northside is not the place for Big Z. I'm surprised he isn't high-tailing it to Miami like right now.

getonbckthr
11-15-2011, 08:30 PM
To me there seems to be a perfect deal for 2 teams looking to get rid of players. Zambrano for Chone Figgins?

DumpJerry
11-15-2011, 11:08 PM
What an idiot! The northside is not the place for Big Z. I'm surprised he isn't high-tailing it to Miami like right now.
Why isn't it? The Gatorade machines are used to him up there.

JB98
11-16-2011, 01:10 PM
You are so right. They write those "Z comback" articles every year. The Sun Times already is at it today by mentioning in the Theo article that "Zambrano is in tremendous shape". When exactly has Zambrano been out of shape? Conditioning has never been too much of a problem. It's the guy's 10 cent brain that is the problem.

Every year, they ponder whether "this is the year Zambrano can win 20 games." It's ridiculous. In addition to his emotional issues, Zambrano doesn't have the stuff he had five or six years ago either. The guy had a 4.82 ERA in the National League last year. What does that tell you?

tstrike2000
11-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Every year, they ponder whether "this is the year Zambrano can win 20 games." It's ridiculous. In addition to his emotional issues, Zambrano doesn't have the stuff he had five or six years ago either. The guy had a 4.82 ERA in the National League last year. What does that tell you?

http://aeryssports.com/a-league-of-her-own/files/2011/04/com_080729_mlb_carlos_zambrano_interview.jpg "I stinks."

34rancher
11-16-2011, 08:41 PM
To me there seems to be a perfect deal for 2 teams looking to get rid of players. Zambrano for Chone Figgins?

Chone Figgins to Sox, Zambrano to Mariners, and Dunn to Cubs? That would be Christmas come early. Heck, I'd take the Zambrano show for Dunn straight up, and let Carlos DH the other 4 days over the Big Donkey.