PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this is a start

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-16-2002, 08:54 PM
The Big Skirt walked 3 times tonight & had a double. After a 2-3 night last night maybe he's starting to find his stroke again.

Maybe.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-16-2002, 08:58 PM
yes, i've been thinking that too, and today the sox did get some hits, but not at the right time, but we're leading so who cares, hopefully thomas getting his swing back will help the sox

delben91
07-16-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
The Big Skirt walked 3 times tonight & had a double. After a 2-3 night last night maybe he's starting to find his stroke again.

Maybe.

Huge maybe. But I sure as hell hope so.

Jerry_Manuel
07-16-2002, 09:03 PM
Whew!

I thought this was going to be one of those "Still time to get back into this thing!" posts.

sox_fan_forever
07-16-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Whew!

I thought this was going to be one of those "Still time to get back into this thing!" posts.

I thought that's what it was too,lol.

Iguana775
07-16-2002, 09:18 PM
i remember the last time people thought he was starting to break out. i will hold judgement till he does it for a couple weeks to a month.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-16-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
i remember the last time people thought he was starting to break out. i will hold judgement till he does it for a couple weeks to a month.

I did say "maybe".

kermittheefrog
07-16-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Whew!

Still time to make it one of those threads!

Ya know guys, we still have a lot of time to get back into this. Nine games back isn't too much. Less likely combacks have happened.

Dadawg_77
07-16-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Still time to make it one of those threads!

Ya know guys, we still have a lot of time to get back into this. Nine games back isn't too much. Less likely combacks have happened.

I am not going to raise my hopes till they sweep the Twins at the dome. At least that way I can keep a even keel this year.

TheBigHurt
07-17-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

Maybe.

i know he deseres to be called the big skirt but maybe if you people stoped calling him that he'll turn it around...just maybe :smile:

Nellie_Fox
07-18-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
i know he deseres to be called the big skirt but maybe if you people stoped calling him that he'll turn it around...just maybe :smile: How's 4 for 5 with three doubles tonight?

There are quite a few of us here who have been saying that his career numbers warranted a lot more respect than some of you have been giving him. Is the slump over? I don't pretend to know. I just think he's earned more fan support than he's gotten this year.

StepsInSC
07-18-2002, 01:21 AM
There are quite a few of us here who have been saying that his career numbers warranted a lot more respect than some of you have been giving him. Is the slump over? I don't pretend to know. I just think he's earned more fan support than he's gotten this year.

Amen! I dont know if its just sox fans or if its all baseball fans, but some of 'em give up way to easily on players. Not just w/ Thomas either...

Kilroy
07-18-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
How's 4 for 5 with three doubles tonight?

Well, he's gotten it from me. The closest I've come to bad-mouthing him is yelling "Stop playin like a BUM!!" or "Stop sucking!!" at my TV. Unlike some supposed Sox fans around here who have gone anywhere from calling him "Big Skirt" or "Fat ass", to begging for him to be traded.

And particularly irritating are all the on air folks who are saying that Frank's back, coming back, etc, when last week, and all year long, they were saying he was done, finished, useless. You can't say he's back, or coming back, without first saying that you were wrong, ********s.