PDA

View Full Version : CBA talks hit snag over draft slotting issue

Fenway
10-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Don't expect any signings until this is resolved

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/baseball-free-agency-impacted-cba-talks-hit-snag-draft-slotting-issue-article-1.969918#ixzz1cOfcT7V7

Oblong
10-31-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't understand what the agents have to do with this. I mean, I understand their argument, but not their role. The MLBPA doesn't answer to them, it's the other way around. Seems to be a no brainer for the players if slotting means an end to pick compensation. I don't think it's the players blocking it, it's the owners willing to over pay who are halting progress.

DirtySox
10-31-2011, 10:16 PM
As a White Sox fan, I want hard-slotting. As a baseball fan I do not.

russ99
11-04-2011, 02:06 PM
As a White Sox fan, I want hard-slotting. As a baseball fan I do not.

As a baseball fan, I think it's idiotic that a kid out of high school is getting paid more cash to sit in the minor leagues than some all-stars do for playing the game at the big league level.

Also, if this curtails Boras' activities, who's power mostly derives from bonuses he can demand, and openly wants players to leave their original teams, that will be for the good of everyone.

StillMissOzzie
11-04-2011, 11:26 PM
As a baseball fan, I think it's idiotic that a kid out of high school is getting paid more cash to sit in the minor leagues than some all-stars do for playing the game at the big league level.

Also, if this curtails Boras' activities, who's power mostly derives from bonuses he can demand, and openly wants players to leave their original teams, that will be for the good of everyone.

I figure if Bora$ doesn't like it, there must be some merit to the idea.

SMO
:gulp:

Fenway
11-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Bill Madden in his Sunday notes says Selig underestimated the players on this badly...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/burning-questions-baseball-hot-stove-include-draft-slotting-moving-oakland-a-article-1.972780

Also hints Selig is about to approve San Jose for the A's.