PDA

View Full Version : Chimp & Joe

PaleHoseGeorge
08-07-2001, 08:25 PM
Chimp and Joe are in the booth waxing nostalgic over memories of Wrigley Field's first night game. Obviously not thinking, Joe Carter asks Chimp, "Where were you back on August 8, 1988?"

Chimp was too embarrassed to respond since everyone knows the answer is high school! LMAO!

:chimp
"How will I ever keep my job if they keep teaming me up with these imbeciles?"

Daver
08-07-2001, 08:28 PM
Think about it PHG if it was Dave Otto asking the question no one would have understood him anyway.

CerberusWG
08-07-2001, 08:52 PM
Hey CHIPPPPPPPP where were YOUUuUUUU on AUgust 8thhhHHhhh 1988!

I love it how he emphasizes everything.

Look at that good FASTBALL.

Moron

FarWestChicago
08-07-2001, 09:57 PM
Better send Chimp and Joe a box of kleenex!

Whaaaa, he was safe at the plate. I'm going to cry!

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2001, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Better send Chimp and Joe a box of kleenex!

Whaaaa, he was safe at the plate. I'm going to cry!

After that call the fans started chanting bullsh*t I can't believe the great Wrigley field fans would utter such naughty words with little kids in attendence.

shane
08-08-2001, 01:28 AM
I can't believe the great Wrigley field fans would utter such naughty words with little kids in attendence.

At least they didn't throw all of their trash on the field and throw bottles at the ump and other team. What is it with the cubs, rockies and umps? HR had a little speech on BB tonight about how everyone should go to Wrigley to see a game. It's such a great place, full of excitement, intense, little league type plays, etc. I've only been to two games there, and both of them were a joke. One of them was the 99 meeting of the cubs/rockies that led to the incident above. The other had a twinkie steal second before the flub pitcher had even gone into his windup. Doesn't get much worse than wrigley in my opinion, or funnier.

Fisk Fan
08-08-2001, 05:56 PM
Chip was still in broadcast school, where he still needs 26 more credits to graduate. Or maybe he was practicing for the High School news report where the baseball team, which he was cut from, was slaughtered yesterday.

You've come a long way baby!

BTW, how many pitches did Chip belt in his illustrious baseball career?

MarqSox
08-08-2001, 08:42 PM

Why don't people like me? I know I haven't yet reached the level of broadcast genuis that guys like Ron Santo are at, but give me a break. I mean, I've earned my way to where I am!
Speaking of Ronnie Santo, man, was that guy a great triple bagger or what?? And he could sure as hell hit! I remember one season with the Cubs, I think it was 1953 or 54 when he hit something like .432! What a great year he had!

:wills
Idiot.